Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

In the Cold Light of Day.

It's just amazes me some fans apparent lethargy and lack of passion at times on here, I'm mean I don't think I've ever been so angry at a draw and someone is saying "yeah good point "......against the team 2nd bottom. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Perhaps if we hadn't been 2-0 up, but we were. There is now way to disguise this result as anything other that 2 points dropped. 

Of course it's 2 points dropped - but in the cold light of day the point that we gained was still a good one.

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

It's just amazes me some fans apparent lethargy and lack of passion at times on here, I'm mean I don't think I've ever been so angry at a draw and someone is saying "yeah good point "......against the team 2nd bottom. 

Don't confuse getting angry for passion. 

Why are we so cr** away from home, yet so solid at home?! Feels like the 2001-2002 season again. It has to be the manager’s tactics and motivational skills. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Do not get me wrong i think we will sneak the play offs just but i doubt we will get to final 

two leg semi i think our away form will let us down against a top 6 team 

Edited by norfolkngood

3 minutes ago, Robornio said:

Why are we so cr** away from home, yet so solid at home?! Feels like the 2001-2002 season again. It has to be the manager’s tactics and motivational skills. 

We really do feel like two different sides at home vs away

• Like 1

I can't agree. If I had ignored the game and looked at the scores on Teletext, objectively, I'd probably have said 'that's why teams in relegation battles can be tough, these games happen, gee whiz'.

Subjectively we've surrendered 2 goals and 2 points to a team likely to be relegated who we were battering. Made enough clear-cut chances to win two games.

Massive fumble IMO

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Coventry are not the only team we need to be looking over our shoulders at though 

Very true. Need to hope Hull don't get a run together and really need a result at yhe weekend. Squeaky bum time 1-3 and 6-10 places in the league

Posted (edited)

A good point??

From being 2-0 up...I'd say behind the defeat at Rotherham and the 6-2 at Plymouth, this is our worst away result of the season.

Should have been the most straightforward win after the first 25 mins

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

13 minutes ago, Indy said:

If we miss out on 6th by a point I’ll pull this thread back, if we get in by a point you’re correct Thirsty! 😂😂👍😉

You can also put this thread back up if we miss out by 2 points, but have a superior goal difference to the team who we miss out to........... 😉😉

In reality of course it's a 46 game long season and the result in any one game is no more important than the result in any other. Truth is we've lost a lot of points from winning positions this season, but also gained a lot of points from losing positions. Twas ever thus!

44 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Coventry are not the only team we need to be looking over our shoulders at though 

Why not Preston,  they beat us Saturday and then can over take us with game in hand . 

26 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

We really do feel like two different sides at home vs away

Our recent away form has been pretty terrible. We just throws points away from a winning position.

Unless we're playing Ipswich I don't see us getting to Wembley.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

That's a good point.

Feels like a punch in the guts given that we were 2-0 up and couldn't hang on to the lead, but it was always going to be a really difficult game for a whole variety of reasons. 

I kind of get what you mean but they were appalling and we should have been 5-0 up. In that context is is not a “good point” it’s a truly disappointing and very poor result. 

Edited by Jim Smith

7 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Someone ban this c unt

Just don't bite. 

• Like 1

Let's call it what it is.

I'm generally a pro Wagner, but that was a huge capitulation against the second from bottom side. The defense just fell apart, and the manager didn't help by taking off all attacking threat and settling for a point at the end. I can understand taking off Sargent at 2-0, given how critical it is he stays fit, but Sainz for Duffy seemed like throwing in the towel. This team is better than that. We need to be braver away from home, and that starts with the manager. 

That said, let's keep things in perspective. We're still in a great position and our form generally has been excellent since the turn of the year. If key players stay fit (Sarge in particular), we should make the playoffs with games to spare. 

Cold light of day......we are going to get mullered by everyone if/when we get promoted. (And that goes for every team likely to go up.)

Massive 2 points dropped. If we need those points at the end of the season this is where they are. Look no further.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, The Bunny said:

Let's call it what it is.

I'm generally a pro Wagner, but that was a huge capitulation against the second from bottom side. The defense just fell apart, and the manager didn't help by taking off all attacking threat and settling for a point at the end. I can understand taking off Sargent at 2-0, given how critical it is he stays fit, but Sainz for Duffy seemed like throwing in the towel. This team is better than that. We need to be braver away from home, and that starts with the manager. 

That said, let's keep things in perspective. We're still in a great position and our form generally has been excellent since the turn of the year. If key players stay fit (Sarge in particular), we should make the playoffs with games to spare. 

What an incredibly weird thing to say. The mistake - if there was one - was not bringing Duffy on early enough. If you can be bothered to trawl back through the match thread you will see that I was the first one to say that we needed to get Duffy on and quick.

They were putting us under immense pressure purely from hoof ball and long throwns into the box. Duffy is the most dominant player in the air that we have.Obviously we don't know how serious the calf issue that he was carrying into the game is, and maybe that's why Wagner was reluctant to get him on earlier, but bringing him on was most definitely the right call. 

Edited by Thirsty Lizard

11 hours ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

Charming 😂😂

Fair do’s to check out oppo sites but to hang around, contributing , that’s rather perverse 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

That's a good point.

I don’t think that’s a view I noticed being shared by fellow supporters as we trudged out into a night of freezing gale force winds.

Wagner certainly knows how to turn it around………hero to villain in three days.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

11 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Of course it's 2 points dropped - but in the cold light of day the point that we gained was still a good one.

Fantastic point, should have absolutely thrashed them but thankfully only got one. 

• Haha 1

Last night highlighted once again just how thin the squad is, Rowe can't come back quick enough as he will be the only additional attacking option available before the end of the season.

• Like 2

How many times have I seen this game? Completely dominate the opposition, get a couple of goals, miss a few, then, as the game wears on....

Our problem is we're far too good for most of the teams in this league ... BUT we're not as good as we think we are. It's our defence. We simply cannot & must not play 2 lumbering CDs in the Hanley/Duffy/Gibson mould together. We desperately, desperately need at least one 'modern', more mobile CD in there. For the rest of this season I think our only option is to play Kenny as a CD.

I'm hoping (praying) one of our new boys will come good. otherwise we're going to have to pay proper money in the summer. We cannot continue as we are.

• Like 3

For me, in the cold light of day, it was 2 points dropped.

It is reasonable to say before it could be a tricky fixture after the team gave so much in the Ippo game, Sheff Wed are fighting for their live, playing conditions etc.

However I personally believe you have to look at what actually happened in the game itself and we went from  2-0 up (should have been more than that) and cruising to grimly hanging on for dear life at the end of the game,

So for me 2 points dropped and a stark reminder of the lack of strength in depth in our squad......... 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Agree with the OP. If you'd offered a point before the game I wouldn't have grumbled as Sheffield Wednesday have improved a lot since Röhr came in as manager, but the way the game panned out, it is one of those draws that felt a bit like a defeat though.

Could have been out of sight before Sargent came off, and that was really bad luck that the substitution designed to keep pressing them into trouble went off (after all, Barnes isn't really fast enough or got the gas tank that Gibbs has) injured after two minutes.

The criticism that I agree is justified was that Duffy wasn't brought on earlier to stiffen the defence against set pieces.

Edited by TheGunnShow