8 hours ago, BlueHope76 said:

you will need to kill us off when on top because as you have seen this Ipswich team never gives up and are supremely fit.

This is actually an interesting point. Ipswich have already set an all-time Championship record for most goals by substitutes this season and whilst our starting XI is strong, we have **** all on the bench at the moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

This is actually an interesting point. Ipswich have already set an all-time Championship record for most goals by substitutes this season and whilst our starting XI is strong, we have **** all on the bench at the moment.

Yep, true. Similar vibe to our Lambert and Farke teams; supremely fit, loads of late goals, impact from the bench, never know when they're beaten. I hate to say it, but I'd absolutely take a draw right now.

35 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yep, true. Similar vibe to our Lambert and Farke teams; supremely fit, loads of late goals, impact from the bench, never know when they're beaten. I hate to say it, but I'd absolutely take a draw right now.

Anyone with a brain would, the safety first brigade will large it if we win. 

Posted (edited)

Christ, whats the matter with everyone?

This is Ipswich we're playing isnt it, not Man City?

They couldnt beat us at their dump in December where we were in no form and had several key injuries, we're in far better shape now

In the last few games I've seen, they got beaten at Cardiff, we're very fortunate at Blackburn and were outplayed against Southampton and only won because after going down to 10 men, they still had to commit men forward and go for the win as a draw wasnt good enough for the Saints.

This bunch of chancers are winging it game by game and a lot of luck is carrying them.

I have never and will never fear playing that lot,  20-25 yrs ago when they were going for promotions and we were bumbling around mid lower table (not in a playoff place we are now), we were still capable of beating them, remember the 0-2 at Portman Rd, Iwan Roberts.

Likewise even in their best years in their history, in the early 80s , if anyone can still remember that far back, we would be mid lower table but still compete and regularly beat that team even then, in both league and cup competitions (FA Cup '83, League Cup '83, League Cup '85)

Even in my first season of going to Carrow Rd in 1980/81 , in a season where Ipswich were going for the first division championship and we were relegated, we still beat them 1-0 , (Justin Fashanu ) in the third from last game of the season, which ended up costing them the title.

In the last 40 years , theres probably been 1 season ,I was genuinely envious of them, when they finished 5th in the Premier League 2001...and even then managed to get relegated the following season, whilst playing in Europe and then went into administration soon after.

The day I'm fearful of this filfthy club is the day for me to get out of the game...

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 4

It’s one of those games which could go any way. They’re buzzing after Southampton but we’re good at home and I feel we are a bit like a monkey on their backs while that unbeaten run goes on. I’m not expecting us to lose 

Whilst we have some good individual players, they have the better team. Unfortunately. The relative league positions and overall performances emphasis this. If we are to get anything out of Saturday's match our 'good' players will need to step up to the plate whilst hoping that Ipswich cannot exploit our weaknesses.

My predictions: 

• Barnes gets booked within the first 10 mins
  • They kick the crap out of Sargeant and injure him
  • They kick the crap out of Sainz and he gets himself sent off for retaliating

As for the result.....
I haven't got a clue

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Christ, whats the matter with everyone?

This is Ipswich we're playing isnt it, not Man City?

They couldnt beat us at their dump in December where we were in no form and had several key injuries, we're in far better shape now

In the last few games I've seen, they got beaten at Cardiff, we're very fortunate at Blackburn and were outplayed against Southampton and only won because after going down to 10 men, they still had to commit men forward and go for the win as a draw wasnt good enough for the Saints.

This bunch of chancers are winging it game by game and a lot of luck is carrying them.

I have never and will never fear playing that lot,  20-25 yrs ago when they were going for promotions and we were bumbling around mid lower table (not in a playoff place we are now), we were still capable of beating them, remember the 0-2 at Portman Rd, Iwan Roberts.

Likewise even in their best years in their history, in the early 80s , if anyone can still remember that far back, we would be mid lower table but still compete and regularly beat that team even then, in both league and cup competitions (FA Cup '83, League Cup '83, League Cup '85)

Even in my first season of going to Carrow Rd in 1980/81 , in a season where Ipswich were going for the first division championship and we were relegated, we still beat them 1-0 , (Justin Fashanu ) in the third from last game of the season, which ended up costing them the title.

In the last 40 years , theres probably been 1 season ,I was genuinely envious of them, when they finished 5th in the Premier League 2001...and even then managed to get relegated the following season, whilst playing in Europe and then went into administration soon after.

The day I'm fearful of this filfthy club is the day for me to get out of the game...

The club should get you in for the half time team talk!

McKenna has been quiet in the lead up to this one as I think he messed it up for them at Portman Road by making it bigger than it needed to be. So he's keeping it low-key and that is a much better tactic from their POV.

That being said, we are very good at home and they aren't good defensively, so there will be goals for both teams. This is a tough one to call but I think another Desmond is very possible.

I have a nasty feeling that we'll finally lose to them. It has to happen sooner or later. 

The weather is going to come as a shock 

724686390_Screenshot_20240404_064328_BBCWeather.thumb.jpg.c21b21cd4bcfaa75a6037e92c3044f22.jpg

Probably the hardest game of the season to predict, I don’t think either side would mind a draw so that’s what I’m going for - 1-1.

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I have a nasty feeling that we'll finally lose to them. It has to happen sooner or later. 

724686390_Screenshot_20240404_064328_BBCWeather.thumb.jpg.c21b21cd4bcfaa75a6037e92c3044f22.jpg

Shorts!

• Haha 1

We lose

We drop out of top 6

Wagner goes

New manager comes in and gets rid of the deadwood and old lags

Sara and Sarge get sold

We start again with the younger players and build for a promotion push in 3 years

• Like 1

Usually a team with 87 points after 40 games would be close to home and dry, another 6 points would be plenty. A draw away at a top six team would be fine.

This year though a draw wont be enough. The way the table is they'd probably drop out of the top two if that happens. So they are going to have to come here and look to win. I feel that will play into our hands. We're pretty good at playing on the break especially if they commit players forward. Nice and tight to start and the pressure will build on them..... 🙂 

Posted (edited)

An interesting stat that the Pink Un pounced on today: Sargent is looking to bag for the 10th home game on the bounce.

For those of you who like a bet you can get odds of just under 2/1.

Edited by TheRock

In terms of a prediction it's a high-stakes game for both teams. If Town lose that's a massive torpedo to their hopes of a top-two finish. If we lose we risk finishing outside of the Play-Offs which will mean Wagner's position becoming untenable and inevitably selling players in the summer.

A draw would not be as detrimental to us as it would be for them, espeically if Leeds and/or Leicester notch another win tomorrow. I think if its 0-0 or 1-1 at ~75 minutes, the nasty "shut-up shop", "anti-football", "DEFCON-1", "ball-in-the-sky" tactics may be deployed.

It's football. Anything can happen. 

It has to be admitted that they are favourites, but that doesn't mean a lot, especially in a derby match. Their form is good and they are high on confidence. Our form is decent (ignoring Leicester), and is good at home, and we should go into this one with high confidence too.

My prediction is that it will be a good game to watch. There will be 4+ goals and both teams will score, but no idea which team will win.

Too tight to call. It wouldn't be a shock if they finally win. I mean it has to happen at least once per generation of fan after all!

It's going to go down to a lucky break, deflection, poor decision or the like. Most likely a draw or a scrappy 1-0 win to one of us. 

Having said that I'll go 3-1 us. Sainz rocket in the first 20mins, they mentally fall apart which allows us to pick up another 2. Some sc*mmer I've never heard of to net in second half injury time. 

The stadium will all crack out the mustard at full time with 25000 eating it straight out-of the jar. 

• Haha 1

Depends which Norwich team turns up and whether Wagner has grown any testicles by then or not.

On a good day, 3-1 to us. On a bad one, 3-1 to them.

Like a few have mentioned, so hard to call, if we play on the front foot I can see any of the following results 3-2 win, 3- 3 draw or a 2-3 loss with them scoring in the 90 plus minutes. My prediction goals and lots of them.

I just hope we have a go and none of this negative sitting back nonsense that Wagner sometimes goes for.

Can't call this one. I don't think either side is good enough to keep a clean sheet, likewise I think we'll need at least 2 goals to win the game.

Wish we had more options off the bench like they have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Like a few have mentioned, so hard to call, if we play on the front foot I can see any of the following results 3-2 win, 3- 3 draw or a 2-3 loss with them scoring in the 90 plus minutes. My prediction goals and lots of them.

Very much feels like a game that should have a lot of goals.

Now that we have both said this watch it be the most boring 0-0 the world has seen

• Like 1

today there was a charity golf match between old players from both clubs and Ipswich won the day - so sad to say it does not look good- and I predict a lot of moans and groans on here tomorrow -

27 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

and I predict a lot of moans and groans on here tomorrow -

Win, lose or draw that's a certainty...

• Haha 1

On 04/04/2024 at 06:45, dylanisabaddog said:

So the wind will be a big factor.  No day for hoofball.  The team that handles the conditions the best will win.

On 01/04/2024 at 21:04, Canary Wundaboy said:

I’m going this weekend. I’ve never seen us lose to Ipswich in person. I’ve seen wins at ours, wins at theirs, Klose’s header and “Top of the League at Portman Road”.

I figured we could use all the help we can get. Hell of a time to do my first game of the season!

You’re all welcome. 😎

21 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Very much feels like a game that should have a lot of goals.

Now that we have both said this watch it be the most boring 0-0 the world has seen

In hindsight im happy with just one!

On 02/04/2024 at 09:37, Midlands Yellow said:

Nick’s confident. 

Wheres this idiot now- hope he eating a nice mustard sandwich