KiwiScot

***Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Norwich v Coventry***

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I we go up and Ipswich don't that will be utterly hilarious 

Well, I can't see Ipswich finishing in the top two, so if we go up it will almost certainly be at their expense. Tbh, if that happens they might as well wind the club up. Would just be so embarrassing for them.

13 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Wagner sacked in the Wembley dressing room after winning the play-off final. "Sorry, David, but we made the decision in February. Thanks for all your work"

You heard it here first.

Don’t joke ! Mind you, Watford would do it !

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Well, I can't see Ipswich finishing in the top two, so if we go up it will almost certainly be at their expense. Tbh, if that happens they might as well wind the club up. Would just be so embarrassing for them.

They have zero chance of top 2, that horse bolted when they began their horrendous run of 1 win in 9 that began with them not winning their cup final back in December 

Lets enjoy that , nervy at points but we deserved that. Josh made that red card and took the advantage .

Is sara better forward ? I dont think we have seen his best the  few games in that support role but lets see. 

mccallum starts against QPR for me.

I like the look of Van H . Give him more minutes please. 

Jack Stacey needs throw in training .

Wagner’s at the wheel again !

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

What a moment of individual skill from the ghost of Emi Buendia there!

His shape and movement as he took the ball and then hit it just looked like Emi.

Also, this fella has a bit of attitude. Love it.

Favourite player atm.

IMG_20240203_172433.jpg

IMG_20240203_172415.jpg

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Wow winning crucial games against teams above us…huge momentum…binners slipping down. Imagine doing them at Wembley 😱

I have this awful feeling that that would be the day that they beat us.

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

His shape and movement as he took the ball and then hit it just looked like Emi.

Also, this fella has a bit of attitude. Love it.

Favourite player atm.

IMG_20240203_172433.jpg

IMG_20240203_172415.jpg

Sainz is the best Buendia since the last Buendia and won’t be bested until the next Buendia comes along.

Edited by The Real Buh
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Assumed we'd knock them out in the play-off semis, 6th vs 3rd. But the smart money has got to be on them finishing fourth now, so it is not out of the realms of possibility. 2-1 win. Gibbs and Williams (og) the City scorers.

The way they are going Binners will finish 4th, where they are tonight, they wont get ahead of Leeds and Southampton anymore - so we either need to get 5th for the semis or beat Farke  and face binners in the final

21 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I had it on loop for 5 minutes. The perfect play and shot??

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Totally. In a weird way the better we play the keener I am that we get rid of him. When we were mouldering around in mid-table I was thinking, might as well let him see out the season and we start again in the summer. But we've got a real opportunity here and it still feels like a better coach would get more out of these players - and we have a few players who may well be off if we don't go up this summer. As I said above, I don't have a clue any more. Nothing makes sense.

**** it. Sit back and enjoy the ride!

1 minute ago, Herman said:

I had it on loop for 5 minutes. The perfect play and shot??

It is a very good watch. Like you I've re-run it a few times and that's unusual. He seems to hit the very corner of the goal - clinical finishing and it's a feature (I believe) of all his goals. They are a thing of beauty football-wise. I bet he does it in training too. 

We've had to wait just a while for him to get fit but he absolutely fits in so well and fair play to DW for continuing to start him.

A great time to hit form.

Today, for me, was the 'fulcrum' game of the season given where we are and how the recent months have gone. Lose today and I reckon it would have been an attritional battle ahead to make 6th spot. With that win today - AND from behind - it just means everyone must look at the table and think "we can do this". Footballers think like that. Nice for SvH too to get his first minutes and be in a winning scenario at home. That will settle him no end, even if it wasn't really needed.

Anyway, happy weekend ahead and the perfect result really.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

We aren’t going up

10 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Sainz is the best Buendia since the last Buendia and won’t be bested until the next Buendia comes along.

Whoever signed Buendia and then managed to find Sainz is some sort of footballing genius.. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Whoever signed Buendia and then managed to find Sainz is some sort of footballing genius.. 

With the finest bitty in all the land

…so I’ve heard

58 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Oh right, I get it, when he doesn't score or create, it doesn't matter coz that's not his job, when we concede loads that also doesn't matter coz that's not his job either. Wish you were my boss.

Both the red card and our goal came from excellent Kenny passes, despite a poor first half.

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

With the finest bitty in all the land

…so I’ve heard

Yeah, it generally tastes of football knowledge. Yours is incredibly sour and bitter...😍

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, it generally tastes of football knowledge. Yours is incredibly sour and bitter...😍

Keep dreaming you’ll get anywhere near my bitty!

Thoroughly enjoyed that, it was an excellent game. Very close to the playoffs now and we are one of the 4 or 5 form teams of the division. As opposed to our nearest and dearest 😂

Good stuff all round, I think most expected vH to come on when Barnes did, but imo that was ended up being the best play of the match, Bashley played a great cameo.  

17 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Both the red card and our goal came from excellent Kenny passes, despite a poor first half.

Red card maybe, the goal is a bit of stretch to say it was 'excellent' and 'came from'. It was a straightforward knock out wide and we had loads to do from there.

16 minutes ago, hogesar said:

A mixture of Haribo and Dean Smith’s tea.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Trying to draw myself in from getting carried away but I really think we’re heading for the play offs 

True, me too l, but logic would have had us cheering on an Ip****e win and the other blue(s) side of brummy too.

we need the teams around us to fail - those last two places in the playoffs are tight 5th down to 13th

Another good result. First half was pretty poor IMO, carried through into the second half when we conceded. Nice to see a response. Barnes’ hold up play changed it for us. Cracking goal again from Sainz.