No, not Pierre - albeit he may still do Barnes for pace - but, his son, Sydney. 
Plays for Bologna, striker. On our radar according to EDP. You’d guess as an Idah replacement. 

22 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Apparently off to Celtic, numerous reports to this effect.

Classic case of 'we tried' ?

Also, he wants to be first choice from what I'm reading, which is why his move to Celtic might stall. He wouldn't get much game time here either, if Sarge stays fit. 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

His dad managed to fall out with a couple of clubs. Said his wages were only fit for the homeless at Celtic and went on strike at forest.  I hope he's not advising him!

49 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Also, he wants to be first choice from what I'm reading, which is why his move to Celtic might stall. He wouldn't get much game time here either, if Sarge stays fit. 

I'm not so sure. It's only highlights I've seen, but he looks a lot more like a neo-Barnes than direct competition for Sargent to me. He certainly looks like he can hold the ball up.

• Like 1

Sky sports now saying we are in talks with Bologna over a loan deal with option to buy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Maybe replacing Barnes 

Edited by Dr Greenthumb

Excellent. Have thought all season that our attack would be much better if we put a donk on it. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Apparently off to Celtic, numerous reports to this effect.

numerous reports Celtic have not put an offer in nothing firm whats so ever

reading numerous reports now that he wants to play in England

• Like 1

I've seen bits and pieces of him this season, including one of the only two games in which he started, and he's been completely ineffective, in all honesty.

A huge mitigating circumstance is that he's clearly not been match sharp all season as a result of his limited time on the pitch, so if he does join, we'd have to be patient with him. His goalscoring record in the Netherlands shows that he has something about him, even though he has done diddly squat at Bologna. 

All in all however, I'd be pretty disappointed if we let go of Idah and bring him in, but if Idah is pushing for a move then I can understand why.

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I've seen bits and pieces of him this season, including one of the only two games in which he started, and he's been completely ineffective, in all honesty.

A huge mitigating circumstance is that he's clearly not been match sharp all season as a result of his limited time on the pitch, so if he does join, we'd have to be patient with him. His goalscoring record in the Netherlands shows that he has something about him, even though he has done diddly squat at Bologna. 

All in all however, I'd be pretty disappointed if we let go of Idah and bring him in, but if Idah is pushing for a move then I can understand why.

Your first para could as easily be talking about Idah as vH - he seems a pretty poor ‘starter’ and far better from the bench.

5 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

He must be really terrible if you don't rate him as better than Idah

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

From the clips I’ve seen, his finishing looks more instinctive and sharper than Idah. A more technical player too. Italy is a tough league for an attacking player. I really don’t think it’s a great move for Idah, if he’s looking to boost confidence and score goals - chances will he few and far between. Certainly much less frequent than the amount he currently gets.. starting or from the bench.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

Sorry to butt in, but his name is an anagram of 'Avoid Donkeys, Johnny'. Doesn't bode well.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 10

11 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Another excellent name to conjure with. Over to you, @BroadstairsR

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

Sorry to butt in, but his name is an anagram of 'Avoid Donkeys, Johnny'. Doesn't bode well.

Stand down, @BroadstairsR, you're not beating that.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Your first para could as easily be talking about Idah as vH - he seems a pretty poor ‘starter’ and far better from the bench.

That's true about Idah, but can Hooijdonk has never been effective at either at Bologna. He has never scored for them in the league in a season-and-a-half, although he has never been more than a backup.

I've never seen him in the Netherlands though, and his record there is pretty decent.

27 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

From the clips I’ve seen, his finishing looks more instinctive and sharper than Idah. A more technical player too. Italy is a tough league for an attacking player. I really don’t think it’s a great move for Idah, if he’s looking to boost confidence and score goals - chances will he few and far between. Certainly much less frequent than the amount he currently gets.. starting or from the bench.

I'm not sure if that's a reference to Serie A or Verona in particular.

If it's the former, then that's not really true nowadays, as the number of goals has been comparable to the Premier League over the last decade.

If it's the latter, fair enough. He wouldn't be a guaranteed starter now that Henry is fit and Verona have a reasonably high chance of getting relegated. 

• Like 1

Not seen him play but sounds and looks on paper like a slight Idah downgrade. I

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

To be fair, it is difficult to compare performances life a player in the Italian top flight with one in the Championship 

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

To be fair, it is difficult to compare performances life a player in the Italian top flight with one in the Championship 

Yes, can't say with any certainty, of course. And by all accounts I hope I'm wrong.

30 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Is that actually physically possible?

Ive seen rumours both italiqn clubs have given up on Idah. 

Celtic were interested in Van Hooijonk, but he's close to signing for norwich, and celtic have turned their attentions on Idah as loan with option to buy!

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

That's true about Idah, but can Hooijdonk has never been effective at either at Bologna. He has never scored for them in the league in a season-and-a-half, although he has never been more than a backup.

I've never seen him in the Netherlands though, and his record there is pretty decent.

I'm not sure if that's a reference to Serie A or Verona in particular.

If it's the former, then that's not really true nowadays, as the number of goals has been comparable to the Premier League over the last decade.

If it's the latter, fair enough. He wouldn't be a guaranteed starter now that Henry is fit and Verona have a reasonably high chance of getting relegated. 

The reference was a bit of both. But tbf, I don’t follow Italian football close enough to realise it’s now comparable to EPL in terms of goals scored.. but sounds like we’re in agreement this move might not be a great one for Idah.