1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Most of the strikers in the Championship are a downgrade on Idah, or at least no better than a step sideways.

Its going to take our fans actually watching someone else for an entire season to realise it, unfortunately. Not surprising though, which is also sad

Ā 

Just now, Samwam27 said:

Ive seen rumours both italiqn clubs have given up on Idah.Ā 

Celtic were interested in Van Hooijonk, but he's close to signing for norwich, and celtic have turned their attentions on Idah as loan with option to buy!

Funnily enough, the thought of Idah to Celtic crossed my mind and that actually would be a fantastic move for him. Much better than a move to a struggling Italian side.

18 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Funnily enough, the thought of Idah to Celtic crossed my mind and that actually would be a fantastic move for him. Much better than a move to a struggling Italian side.

Mikey Johnson mentioned before. What about Mikey and cash for Idah from Celtic

I think we are happy to let Idah goĀ provided we find someone to cover for him first. Van Hooijonkā€™s stats arenā€™t very convincingĀ though, and so I wouldnā€™t sign him on a permanent deal yet. 13 apps and no goals in Serie A, but 58 apps and 22 goals in the Eredivisie. The Eredivisie isnā€™t very far behind Serie A though, and players donā€™t always turn out to be a great/poor as their records soundĀ - Buendiaā€™sĀ records made him look rubbish when he arrived, but he turned out to be a legend

Edited by HazzaJet

43 minutes ago, norwich canary said:

Appalling goal scoring record in Italy just the kind of striker we likeĀ 

Luckily for us we donā€™t play in the Italian leaguesā€¦

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Sorry to butt in, but his name is an anagram of 'Avoid Donkeys, Johnny'. Doesn't bode well.

So Rowe won't be crossing to him then?

• Haha 2

This seems a strange bit of business mid-season.Ā We seem to be going out of the way to make the squad weaker.

Bring back Webber!

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

This seems a strange bit of business mid-season.Ā We seem to be going out of the way to make the squad weaker.

Bring back Webber!

If Idah is set on leaving, which it sounds like he is, what are we supposed to do?Ā 

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

If Idah is set on leaving, which it sounds like he is, what are we supposed to do?Ā 

Wait until summer, he's under contract. Same for Rowe.

The only one that makes sense is Giannoulis as he's out of contract at the end of the season.

14 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Bring back Webber!

Losing Idah and bringing in VH is hardly making the squad weaker!

• Like 1

Looks like the club shop may be making a few quid from letter sales as it sounds like this move is happening. Loan with option to buy, say Sky Sports Italia.Ā 

Just now, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Not if his goal record in Holland is anything to go by. Fingers crossed he finds that form here. And if Idah sets the world on fire up at Celtic then we can mull what to do with him in the summer.Ā 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I think you're getting confused with his dad!

1 goal in 11, 0 in 9 league games.Ā 

Ā 

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

On loan 22-23 he scored 22 in 48 in the Eredivisie, so a goal every 2.1 games

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Its going to take our fans actually watching someone else for an entire season to realise it, unfortunately. Not surprising though, which is also sad

Ā 

I agree. Idah is a good striker. Our supporters are overly critical of players IMO, especially young players for some reason.Ā 

That said I donā€™t think itā€™s quite working out for him here, behind Barnes and never really cementing a 1st team place even with Sargent out for a long period. I also understand why he no longer wants to be a bit part player.

Maybe a fresh start best thing for all parties. SVH seems a similar proposition in terms of fairly young, clearly has talent from his previous seasons and not working out for him where he is.

I can see the logic in swapping one for the other assuming SVH is seen as better fit for how we want to play and we get a good sell on clause on Idah when he inevitably (IMO) comes good.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hooj Donk? Come on man..

The natural progression from HwangĀ 

Edited by S_81

Just my five pence that given we are two points from the playoffs with Coventry and Watford the next games at Carrow road. We should not be selling anyone and should be looking to add to what we have got. So sign SVH and keep Idah.

13 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

207 minutes and only 2 starts and no goalsĀ in Serie A.

175 minutes 2 starts and 1 goal in the Cup.

Hardly had a lot ofĀ chances to shine. His record the previous season in Holland in comparison was 3067 minutes, 39 appearances and 19 goals.

• Like 2

Just saw @norwichhub on Instagram post itā€™s a done deal. Based on this thread itā€™s a decent signing if we still keep Idah, is that the sense Iā€™m getting? Trying to figure out if this move makes us better or if some sell of moves are coming.Ā 

24 minutes ago, CanadianCanary said:

Just saw @norwichhub on Instagram post itā€™s a done deal. Based on this thread itā€™s a decent signing if we still keep Idah, is that the sense Iā€™m getting? Trying to figure out if this move makes us better or if some sell of moves are coming.Ā 

Agreed, also a vital signing.Ā 

However, I'd bite a hand off that offered about Ā£3m for Adam (perhaps with add-ons just in case?)Ā He's oneĀ youngster who doesn't seem to happen much at NCFC, and it would pave the way for another promising youngster to come through (Kamara?)

9 hours ago, norwich canary said:

Appalling goal scoring record in Italy just the kind of striker we likeĀ 

you know full well that meens nothing he did well in Holland which while not the best league is a step up from some he looks good in the air and strong the jury will be out for me but not going to write him off before he even kicks a ball if he signs

Temu failed in scotland which is nearly non league standard at times but flourished here

Ā 

as for Idah he promised much but has never kicked on and needs a good run of games somewhere but personally suprised he has not had one of his trademark injuries yet

We've got a Sid:

Ā 

image.jpeg.864c2c88ac1cbd11df950ce2f3d7d2ef.jpeg

Ā 

Tell Sid to score goals in the Chumps, what a gas that would be!

Edited by BroadstairsR

Can't wait for all the people who relentlessly slag off Idah on here and on FB groups to start posting clips of his goals in Scotland and writing "WE sHoUlD NEveR hEv SoOOold him"Ā 

5 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Can't wait for all the people who relentlessly slag off Idah on here and on FB groups to start posting clips of his goals in Scotland and writing "WE sHoUlD NEveR hEv SoOOold him"Ā 

I hope he does score goals in Scotland, for him and for potential add-ons (if any.)

I'm glad he's gone though, the saga wentĀ on too long and only worked occasionally for him at City.

Edited by BroadstairsR

9 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Also those who will be slating the club for whatever fee we get and for saying Knapper etc is clueless.

It's fairly obvious he wants to get games which he won't here...and his agents have been actively meeting with clubs overseas apparently. Hope of he does go that it works out for him, he needs to kick on now doesn't he.