1 minute ago, nu_matik said:

Also those who will be slating the club for whatever fee we get and for saying Knapper etc is clueless.

It's fairly obvious he wants to get games which he won't here...and his agents have been actively meeting with clubs overseas apparently. Hope of he does go that it works out for him, he needs to kick on now doesn't he.

I don't think he's done badly at all this season. The amount of starts he's had and still scored 7 goals. Quite decent numbers under the circumstances. And he also has looked much better in his hold up play, running the channels etc. The things a striker should do to help the team.

I feel like that side of him has just been neglected in favour of the memories of the two or three chances he missed against Bristol Rovers. 🤷🏻 But hey ho. He's never going to be first choice here but I'd have him in the side over Barnes tbh. 

• Like 3

Idah wants to leave due to not being a regular starter. He’s on a huge lengthy contract. Knapper needs to generate funds and getting him off the books is a good move. Vanhooijdonk has hardly played in Italy but his record is good in Holland. His attributes seem to fit perfectly and is a definite upgrade on barnes. If it doesn’t work out we don’t have to buy him. What’s not to like 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2

It’s a done deal. Welcome Sydney. Let’s get some goals

16 hours ago, S_81 said:

No, not Pierre - albeit he may still do Barnes for pace - but, his son, Sydney. 
Plays for Bologna, striker. On our radar according to EDP. You’d guess as an Idah replacement. 

Have you double checked we haven't got the 54 year old by mistake?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Can't see the obligatory meaningless video on here, do here it is. Best viewed on mute BTW

The music on this one is particularly bad 🤣

Whenever I see one of these videos I can't help but think of Peep Show, with Super Hans and Jez getting "All The Wh0res of Malta" featured on a skills video for a Hertha Berlin defender 🤣

As an aside, the goals this lad scores really remind me of the RVW highlights reel that everyone watched before he came here. Is that a good omen or not? Who knows! Haha 

Edited by BobLoz3

1 hour ago, vlad666 said:

Idah wants to leave due to not being a regular starter. He’s on a huge lengthy contract. Knapper needs to generate funds and getting him off the books is a good move. Vanhooijdonk has hardly played in Italy but his record is good in Holland. His attributes seem to fit perfectly and is a definite upgrade on barnes. If it doesn’t work out we don’t have to buy him. What’s not to like 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm not worried about it but I just think people have given Idah such a tough time, which he doesn't deserve imo. Especially not this season where he's done ok. 

So both deals are loans with an option to buy, right? Surely the likely scenario is that both players end up where they started at the end of the season, so we keep Idah and van Hooijdonk goes back to Italy.

17 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

So both deals are loans with an option to buy, right? Surely the likely scenario is that both players end up where they started at the end of the season, so we keep Idah and van Hooijdonk goes back to Italy.

I think that is the most likely outcome. Idah hasn't taken his chance fully and SVH is rather unknown but with promise. A loan deal feels the least risky route and both players have a proper chance to show what they have got until the end of the season. It makes sense as a deal. I remain unconvinced really (I have never lost my support for Adam) and it could all end up a damp squib. But....it might also be the catalyst to getting that 6th spot. It adds interest for sure and I cannot blame the board for arranging these deals. It doesn't denude our attacking options.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Herman said:

Have you double checked we haven't got the 54 year old by mistake?

Or intended lol 

57 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Can't see the obligatory meaningless video on here, do here it is. Best viewed on mute BTW

He obviously does look better in that video than he has done when I've seen him for Bologna.

I guess that shows the difference between a player low on confidence and short on game-time, and one who is playing regularly, in form, and full of belief. 

Which, ironically, has been the problem with Idah for several years now.

50 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

I'm not worried about it but I just think people have given Idah such a tough time, which he doesn't deserve imo. Especially not this season where he's done ok. 

I think Idah will do well, I think he'd come good here if he had a run but won't get one so it just makes sense for a few million 

4 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

He obviously does look better in that video than he has done when I've seen him for Bologna.

I guess that shows the difference between a player low on confidence and short on game-time, and one who is playing regularly, in form, and full of belief. 

Which, ironically, has been the problem with Idah for several years now.

Judging by that video, the standard of defending in the Eridivese looks pretty awful. I hope he does well for us, but I can't see him making a huge difference or a regular starter for us. We'll see......

Impossible to say how he'll do. Too many variables; some players just 'click', others don't. Time is the only measure; Idah's had enough time now to know, & we know he 'clicks' out more often than in.

3 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Well that sounds promising.....

That’s an unfair comparison - comparing mid-table Italian top flight with Championship on a like-for-like basis doesn’t work.  We just have to see how the guy works out if he comes. 

4 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Well that sounds promising.....

I mean, over his career he's bagged more goals than Idah but it really is difficult to say whether he'll be any better here than our Adam has been. 

Clearly Idah wants to try his luck elsewhere and that's fair enough. Time will tell whether we made the right decision or not. 

Looking at the video he seems to have a lot if Adam's attributes- tapping in from two yards out etc, but also with his head (which Adam doesn't).

Hernandez, Stacey and Giannoulis will love having someone who can put away a decent cross, but has anyone got the video with all the sitters he's missed  so we can get a proper comparison?

2 hours ago, BobLoz3 said:

The music on this one is particularly bad 🤣

Whenever I see one of these videos I can't help but think of Peep Show, with Super Hans and Jez getting "All The Wh0res of Malta" featured on a skills video for a Hertha Berlin defender 🤣

As an aside, the goals this lad scores really remind me of the RVW highlights reel that everyone watched before he came here. Is that a good omen or not? Who knows! Haha 

Just let him take the penalty when it is on offer FFS! 🙂 

32 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Source ?

I’ve only seen TNC report it as done so I thoroughly recommend taking it with a pinch of salt 

those boys are about reliable as Cambridgeshire canary’s undercrackers after a mild chicken korma. 

• Haha 2

I don't know whether he is any good but Sydney van Hooijdonk is a needed step up in exotic names, after we missed out on Leandro Dendoncker and Chrsencio Somerville...🤩

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

I’ve only seen TNC report it as done so I thoroughly recommend taking it with a pinch of salt 

those boys are about reliable as Cambridgeshire canary’s undercrackers after a mild chicken korma. 

A potentially more reliable source from Scotland:

However, the Canaries were unwilling to sanction a deal until they had brought in a replacement. Last night, they found their man after Sydney van Hooijdonk - who ironically had been linked with Celtic - agreed to join the English Championship club on loan for the remainder of the season. It's understood the deal - which includes an option to buy - should be rubber-stamped today with the Dutch powerhouse set to undergo a medical.

17 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

A potentially more reliable source from Scotland:

However, the Canaries were unwilling to sanction a deal until they had brought in a replacement. Last night, they found their man after Sydney van Hooijdonk - who ironically had been linked with Celtic - agreed to join the English Championship club on loan for the remainder of the season. It's understood the deal - which includes an option to buy - should be rubber-stamped today with the Dutch powerhouse set to undergo a medical.

The more reliable source from Scotland: 

IMG_8592.jpeg

Edited by Yobocop

It seems like a good deal.Idah is third choice and initially Hooch (?) is his replacement but if he shows any good form it is possible that he could oust Barnes as the preferred option to Sarge which would be a good thing,it would certainly please a lot of people on this site

24 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

The more reliable source from Scotland: 

IMG_8592.jpeg

This will sound like "Who are The Beatles?" but I have no idea who that is, so the joke is a touch lost on me...😍

3 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

This will sound like "Who are The Beatles?" but I have no idea who that is, so the joke is a touch lost on me...😍

I dont get the connection either,but that is Rowan Atkinson I think

6 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

MacAdder, Blackadders Scottish cousin. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Celtic might have looked at Dowell and Cantwell at Rangers, gauged their standard, thought they're doing OK at Rangers and decided Idah could well be the business if he's fed chances. van Hooijdonk's performances will determine how good this move is, but as Idah's threatened to kick on and hasn't quite done so, a move where he's potentially tog dog and a chance to slam goals in could do him good.

Can see the sense in this.

• Like 1

This whole idea of the transfer window is new to me being a new fan, but I find it fascinating. I haven’t minded Idah in the time I’ve been a fan but can agree that he leaves you wanting more for sure most of the time. Seems to always have chances to score and can’t capitalize. I don’t blame him one bit as a youngster to want to get more playing time. And if Syd can replace him, and maybe even make us a better club, then you got to be happy with the move. 

• Like 3