KiwiScot

***Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Liverpool v Norwich***

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

WTF Long!

I've said it a thousand times, he needs his contract ripping up. Waste of space in the sticks. 

2 minutes ago, Kanadyan Kanary said:

Another giveaway goal. We go again.

think we are top give-away team in all divisions. Promotion, having a laugh

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Ah yes, let's just lump it long and let Liverpool have 80% possession. 

SO -what difference  is that going to make -Liverpool got 90 % play at the moment

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'm a big Kenny fan, but what was he doing there? Did someone tell him they were giving out free Buckfast on the halfway line?

It’s his single biggest weakness imo. Jumps out of his position far too often as the nominal DM. It’s just not his game more than anything, he sees the ball and immediately thinks of taking it up the pitch, a more defensively minded player would be a bit more cautious.

Be funny if when they get to John Lennon airport for the flight home they find that the wheels have been nicked off the jet's undercarriage....

Has any Head Coach ever been sacked at half-time?

Edited by kenfoggo
  • Haha 1

So bad in defence - it really is keystone cops. It isn’t going to be pretty if they don’t sort themselves out - I’ve never known a city side give away possession so cheaply 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Why don't we learn!!! They're all over us!! Stop playing out from the back!!! 

They are just doing what they have been told. We did similar under Farke he was just a better coach than Wagner. 

4 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Though I think he's had a good game, if anyone wants an example of why I don't like McLean as a defensive midfielder, that goal is it. He was perfectly positioned to defend that attack but just charged out, straight past the ball and left the hole for Liverpool to exploit. 

I know these are top players, but that's absolutely amateur positioning. 

Also shows the positive of having a midfielder sit in front of the defence. A base to the midfield. Even in a diamond we'd have more defensive cover than two cms wandering all over the place

This is not on Wagner. How can he legislate for Stacey being out of position for the first goal and McLean deciding to run out of the way for the second? I know we're probably overplaying it in our own half against a much better team but it's individual mistakes for the goals.

• Like 1

Keep giving the ball away in our own half cheaply and there can only ever be one result, Liverpool will carry on scoring for fun.

Edited by kenfoggo

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

OK, we're not playing well, but ultimately we're 2-1 down away to the Premier League leaders with a mostly reserve team out there.

I dread to think what we'd be like if we were 2-1 down at home to a team from the sixth tier...

I think the instructions and set up they’ve been given is hampering them more than anything. Far too much respect. Far far far too deep. Best form of defence is attack. 

I thought Fassnacht had something to offer when we signed him but he looks so timid in every game. 

• Like 1