Tetteys Jig

Idah off on an adventure

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Based on what?

On nothing in January on the loan connection given some think we can still make the top 6! You’d think he’d have an inside track on available targets! But I suppose I’m hoping for too much let’s just get Hwang back!

12 hours ago, Google Bot said:

"Grow our Academy products!", "Sell our Academy products!",

"Webber talks too much!", "Knapper doesn't talk enough!",

"We need more experienced players!", "We've got too many experienced players!",

"We need to be more pragmatic", "We need to be less pragmatic!",

"Our defence needs focus!", "We're concentrating on defence too much!",

"I'll judge us by our results", "These results are not sustainable!",

And so on, and so on, and so on....  

Great post.

29 minutes ago, Indy said:

On nothing in January on the loan connection given some think we can still make the top 6! You’d think he’d have an inside track on available targets! But I suppose I’m hoping for too much let’s just get Hwang back!

With scouting networks nowadays, especially ones focused on data such as ours, teams will have knowledge of tens of thousands of players. 

A few decades ago when scouting networks were far more basic and clubs had a smaller pool to choose from, managers would often sign players they knew from former clubs, but you see far less of that nowadays. Ramsey from Villa and Passlack and Zimmerman from Dortmund were obvious examples, but it doesn't happen that much. 

And knowing how this forum works, Knapper would probably get criticised for signing his mates or scouting lazily if he just signed a couple of players from Arsenal. 

I don't it's fair to criticise Knapper for not signing players from his former club. You never know, maybe Arsenal have offered a couple but he has turned then down because he doesn't think they're ready right now for a Championship promotion challenge? We just don't know.

9 hours ago, mannings bandy legs said:

30th top scorer in the division!!!!!!!!! Thats a proud title to have.My god.Priceless!!!

Consider 24 sides who each register a team of 25. Remember that those under 21 don't need to be registered, so some will have more than 25. Others will not. So let's take 25 as an average.

25 x 24 = 600. That makes Idah in the top 5% of goal scorers in the championship.

I bet if you were in the top 5% of something you did you'd be pretty ****ing proud of yourself. I'd be astounded if you were, frankly.

And so nice, once again, to see our cretinous fans talking down our own players. You are a true example of how to support this club. 

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Like 2

He was on an adventure today - hunting the lesser spotted Virgil van Dijk on the edge of the City 18 yard box. Unfortunately he lost him and the only clue that the Virgil had been close by, was the ball nestled firmly in the back of the net……..

38 minutes ago, astro said:

He was on an adventure today - hunting the lesser spotted Virgil van Dijk on the edge of the City 18 yard box. Unfortunately he lost him and the only clue that the Virgil had been close by, was the ball nestled firmly in the back of the net……..

Yes saw that and thought isn’t Gibson who should be picking up the best header of the ball Liverpool have? Great header though, and by Gibson for his goal too, credit him for that!

If we can move Idah on then we should be seeking a deal for Kieffer Moore. Ideally loan till the end of the season 

I’d gladly be one short up front for rest of season if we can find a sucker to take Idah off our hands. Saves us giving him millions over next few years on that ridiculous contract 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, astro said:

I would have thought one of our CBs should have been marking Virgil no?

35 minutes ago, Tommo said:

If we can move Idah on then we should be seeking a deal for Kieffer Moore. Ideally loan till the end of the season 

Honestly 🤦‍♂️

Kieffer Moore in his last season full season at this level scored 9 in 26. 

Adam Idah already has six having made 28 appearances. 

What's the point of getting someone who is arguably no better than Idah? 

Edited by Terminally Yellow

18 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I would have thought one of our CBs should have been marking Virgil no?

Not under this coaching team.....

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Yes saw that and thought isn’t Gibson who should be picking up the best header of the ball Liverpool have? Great header though, and by Gibson for his goal too, credit him for that!

Eh? Gibson didn't actually head the ball, it came off his back. Unless you are being sarcastic? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Virtual reality said:

Not just a loan offer, but a loan to buy offer. And Idah wants to leave.

For me, this changes everything;

It's understood Idah is feeling frustrated over a lack of consistent game time at City and has fallen down the pecking order once again after Josh Sargent's return to full fitness. The Ireland international would like to explore options away from Carrow Road. 

Idah turns 23 next month and feels he needs regular football to continue his development. 

I think if the offer was a reasonable one, I'd let him go. I'm a big disciple of the Guardiola "if he doesn't want to be here let him go" philosophy. 

• Like 4

If I’m him I’d be snapping this chance right up. This club has held him in limbo to his detriment before so only fair he’s allowed to pursue the opportunity provided the offer is fair. We have 2 senior strikers still and some decent prospects to cover. Don’t think it’s fair to keep him under the guise he might be needed as cover. He’s not seized his chance to cement the no. 1 spot and Sargent isn’t off anywhere any time soon.

might free up some money and space to fit Varane in where we definitely need reinforcement 

• Like 1

I have no problem with Idah going, but this creates a problem. Ideally he would need to be replaced, but with serious transfer dealing likely to be done in the summer under a new manager and philosophy from Knapper, it may be better for all parties to wait. 

14 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Not just a loan offer, but a loan to buy offer. And Idah wants to leave.

For me, this changes everything;

I think if the offer was a reasonable one, I'd let him go. I'm a big disciple of the Guardiola "if he doesn't want to be here let him go" philosophy. 

I'm mixed on this.

In part I don't think he did anywhere near enough during Sargent's injury to retain his starting berth over Josh. So if he's throwing his toys out of the pram due to that then I think he needs to look closer to home.

On the other hand it must be frustrating to see Barnes starting week in week out over him and I do agree with others that we haven't managed his development well.

It would be pretty crap if we lose Idah and Aboh these next few months because we've decided to prioritise game time for a 34 year old journeyman.

• Like 6

It’s tricky - he’s definitely not come on anything like as fast as we’d hoped, so whilst he might be miffed not to start more often, he’s shown so little when he has started that you can definitely see why it is the case.  Josh is a far better option, and you do know what you’re going to be getting with Barnes.

I’m not sure it’s down to the management of him or himself - he has had more chances than I can recall anyone ever being given, and the bonus of the 5-year contract…though in hindsight maybe that didn’t do him any favours.

Wondering whether we might still be able to convince Aboh to stay if we give him first-team chances if Idah leaves? Or has Aboh already decided he's off? Just a thought...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Honestly 🤦‍♂️

Kieffer Moore in his last season full season at this level scored 9 in 26. 

Adam Idah already has six having made 28 appearances. 

What's the point of getting someone who is arguably no better than Idah? 

50% improvement 

I honestly feel if Idah had had at least a 40+ game loan at some point we’d have a top Championship striker on our hands.

I understand his frustration. I think it would be disappointing to let him go though, I still feel there’s a player there and if his potential is realised somewhere else that’s going to hurt.

• Like 1

i think Idah needs games must be hard in and out a team how can you Gel etc 

he has had a lot of chances and never really made the position his own 

plays better off the bench but i think he could make it at another club 

Nothing special but i think he will have a good career elsewhere 

I do find this surprising. Serie A football tends to be more technical and tactically minded than in the Championship, and I really don't see that as Idah's strengths. The other interesting point, which doesn't surprise me so much, is that before Hwang got injured the club was veering towards keeping him, since he does have some skills our other strikers lack, and letting Idah go out on loan.

Wagner's post match interview suggests this is unlikely as it will leave us extremely short in this position.

A returning Hwang is not the answer with suspect hamstrings and a possibility of a criminal action against him.

Kiefer Moore is an ageing donkey at 31. How is that reducing the average age of the squad?

21 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I honestly feel if Idah had had at least a 40+ game loan at some point we’d have a top Championship striker on our hands.

I understand his frustration. I think it would be disappointing to let him go though, I still feel there’s a player there and if his potential is realised somewhere else that’s going to hurt.

Yeah this is where I do think we hurt his development.

A season where he goes out on loan, plays week in week out, gets to develop his all round game at a lower level could have helped him so much. Cantwell's development shot on after his loan in Holland, Godfrey took a giant step forward after a season starting regularly at Shrewsbury. It can make or break a player.

• Like 1