cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Peacocks V Canaries*

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

Shame Sara's so one footed. 

This. On his left that would likely have been on target.

Oh no Sara! 

Decent performance, should be level. We simply have to be more decisive.

Leeds players going to ground a bit. I can see a penalty in this.

Still plenty of time for us to get something from this. Need to keep Summerville quiet if possible. 

Suppose on the one hand it should be level and we have not been too bad.. I mean we are playing away against a team that's never lost at home all season

Plus even if we lose it annoys the binners and thats a win in my books

• Like 1

Sara should have scored. McLean the best central player on the pitch so far.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cowboy said:

Any number of other teams in this division play a more dynamic, fluid, attractive style with intelligent, adaptable managers. Even QPR ffs!

I understand the sentiment but they get tonked by teams as good as Leeds.

Que Sara, Sara,
How could you not score no more
It looked nice and easy for sure
Que Sara, Sara.

• Like 1

Sainz and Duffy at fault for their goal; poor closing down and marking. 

Other than that we've acquitted ourselves well away against one of the best teams in the division. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I blame myself

“So do I” - Dr. P. Venkman

Pretty decent game for the second tier. Finding it hard to believe there are three better teams than Leeds in this league. We're pretty obviously a level below them, but not much more than that. Weirdly, it's giving me a bit of confidence that there's no reason we shouldn't be able to compete for the two final places in the play-offs.

On the more negative side, the way Leeds move the ball has asked a lot of our players, as we always did of the opposition under the blessed Daniel. Going to be a very tough second half and I fear our bench will be a bit exposed. I'm not a betting man, but I'd say 3-1 Leeds as a FT score if I were.

Leeds don't like the direct approach. Sara has been a bit quiet today , 10 mins more 2nd Half if not swap for idah or barnes and start pelting that ball towards the front.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Even Idah would have..

Or maybe not

This forum would be in meltdown had that been Idah. It was a p1ss poor effort, weaker foot or not.

• Haha 1

We’ve created some good chances, that little piece of interplay between Rowe & Sara was lovely. Still fancy it. 

There is something there for us in this game if we can just get on the front foot a bit more.

We switched off once and were punished. We let them off the hook with Sara’s chance.

All in all I think we’ve played quite well but just a little too passive without the ball at times 

• Like 2

Leeds are a good looking side (given the sheer depth of talent at their disposal not really surprising) but for all their possession and attractive football it really should be 1-1.

3 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Sainz and Duffy at fault for their goal; poor closing down and marking. 

Other than that we've acquitted ourselves well away against one of the best teams in the division. 

Yep, for the first time I can recall this season we're playing a coherent midfield system and it's generally working really well. Just one piece of awful defending and we're behind. Slightly more composure and we'd be level. 

• Like 1

Very little between these sides (except maybe a bit of individual flair with their attacking mids). We should believe in ourselves more. We are just as good as the sides at the top when we decide to play. 

Edited by Jim Smith

3 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Brilliant Kenny.

He's a play maker tonight.

The new Ian Crook

Yep, some of the problems are still obvious - MUST NOT MARK

However we could be going in at 1-1... Sara, ouch. So if we can keep this up then who knows and it certainly promises well for the remainder of the season. The question though is will the subs be able to keep it at this level, if not then the above promise melts away because there will be injuries, however slight.

Decent half of football over all, on the balance of things could be better could be worse. I do miss Farke’s style of play though, something to be admired about the way he wants to keep the ball. One thing that worries me is the severe lack of pace at the back against their forwards. 

Bearing in mind we are away against strong opposition we have had quite a decent first half. Seeing plenty of the ball but there is that usual lack of positivity going forward. Looking to be in an attacking situation but then hesitate and play it back again hence forwards feeding on scraps. Cannot understand the tactics of Gunn playing out short  to players who are already under pressure, albeit that there is this inability to find space throughout the squad.

2 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Surprised it's so optimistic in here. Feels like a 3 - 0 to me, Leeds hardly out of 3rd gear.

We’ve had one more shot than them and same amount of shots on target. 

Edited by By Hook or Ian crook

4 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Nunez looking class.

I agree, but he does get knocked off the ball too often (as do Sainz & Rowe). Although I don't want to admit it, you could make a case for Barnes for this game. Also Sarge not fully up to speed.

2 minutes ago, RobJames said:

The new Ian Crook

Yep, some of the problems are still obvious - MUST NOT MARK

However we could be going in at 1-1... Sara, ouch. So if we can keep this up then who knows and it certainly promises well for the remainder of the season. The question though is will the subs be able to keep it at this level, if not then the above promise melts away because there will be injuries, however slight.

Hold on! There will never be another Ian Crook 😂