cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Peacocks V Canaries*

The goal resulted from a bit of class by the Leed's players.

This need to dissect and lay blame for every goal is daft, imo.

Poor defending has indeed cost us a few goals this season, but I don't think it was much to blame for last night's.

Expecting perfection is unrealistic, imo. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, In my blood said:

Duffy? If he steps back then Bamford runs across him and wins the ball. Stacey partly culpable as he should cover the immediate threat.  Duffy was in the correct position.

It was just a great ball, the finishing position when Bamford heads makes it look like Duffy is out of position, but the way the ball is curved in at speed you just don't have the time to judge it and it's clearly something they've worked on in training as it's right on Bamford's head.

It's so quick.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Google Bot said:

It was just a great ball, the finishing position when Bamford heads makes it look like Duffy is out of position, but the way the ball is curved in at speed you just don't have the time to judge it and it's clearly something they've worked on in training as it's right on Bamford's head.

It's so quick.

It was a great ball but he had far too much time to play it into the box. Sainz and Giannoulis should have been putting more pressure on him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Google Bot said:

It's so quick.

Whereas had Duffy been marking Banford.

That goal clearly demonstrates the stupidity of *nal marking at corners. The ball will always move faster than the player. Marking space hoping that if the ball arrives in that space you are ready should not need any expert to explain the obvious flaw in that delusion. Wagner seems to regard marking as Dracula might a cross .......... or Duffy did in this instance.

6 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Idah at the end always seems to take 1 touch too many or has a moments hesitation when it matters.

This, I always think he panics when he has too much time to think, it’s not the first chance like that he’s missed. He’s better when he’s working on instinct. 

• Like 1

I have just watched the highlights video.
You have to give Bamford some credit for losing his marker,not only when he scored but prior to that when he had a bicycle kick that was off target.Both Duffy and Gibson.who was marking Bamford most of the game. gave him quite a bit of space.
When he scored he was initially being marked by Gibson,who didnt track him when he went to the back post,while Duffy had been marking Georginio.
I dont think Sainz or Gino were close enough or had enough time to stop the cross from James,he didnt waste much time.
I think it is a bit harsh to call it awful defending.A lapse of concentration,a well worked goal,a hard earned win but all in all a positive performance from City