cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Peacocks V Canaries*

That looks to be our best X1, whether it is the best to counter Leeds, I don't know, but it would be my starting X1, as I suspect it would be or other

Up and at 'em City !

6 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Yes. Pleased to see that. I now await it going horribly wrong and having to eat humble pie! Although I very much hope that won’t be the case….

I guess this is the benefit of having a fit squad again, we can put changes in and have options off the bench.  Looking forward to it, i'm hoping you're eating lots of "I was right!" pie, whatever that is called. :classic_laugh:

6 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Groundhog Day I know but I really do not want to see Barnes starting behind Sargent for this one. Bring Nunez in and push Sara forward. 

You must be pleased @Jim Smith. Now we see, fingers crossed you are right.

A lot of arm chair coaches thinking Sara is playing as a 10 before we have kicked off. All a bit old school. The 11 looks good now and hopefully when we kick off but the point is we will transition through a number of formations. 4231, 451, 343 - none of which necessarily have Sara as a 10.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BigFish said:

A lot of arm chair coaches thinking Sara is playing as a 10 before we have kicked off. All a bit old school. The 11 looks good now and hopefully when we kick off but the point is we will transition through a number of formations. 4231, 451, 343 - none of which necessarily have Sara as a 10.

Agree with that. Personally I like Sara picking up the ball deep - you want him involved as much as possible - but you also want him to be able to break forward, which is tough in a midfield two, especially with our FBs playikng so high up the pitch. You'd hope that tonight's midfield three is flexible enough for either Nunez or Sara to get forward when we attack, while leaving some cover behind them. Hopefully Kenny's stint at the back has shown him the importance of someone staying behind the ball. He's not a natural CDM but he's the closest of those three to being able to do that role.

6 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Andrea Pirlo wrote in his thesis for his UEFA Pro Licence that players no longer have positions, they have functions.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Andrea Pirlo wrote in his thesis

this might be my favourite ever football sentence

Just such incredibly bad defending. Regardless of what system or line up you play, if you don’t tackle people or mark them you will concede goals. We are standing off. 

I don’t think I can ever recall a team who make less tackles than we do. We intercept a few but they just don’t really tackle anyone ever. 

So, has Wagner turned it around, as he seems to think?

Aside from the West Brom game, we have flattered to deceive. We will do well to finish mid-table.

I can see nothing but a loss tonight, as most games we offer so little.

Is it Wagner's fault, or is the squad so poor he's stuffed to begin with?

I still want Wagner out, hopefully that will come in the Summer when a massive overhaul must be on the cards