Sign in to follow this  
Rhino1

Boo boys put in their place but let’s not go over the top

As much as it was great to see Norwich win yesterday, it was almost as pleasurable to see the boo boys eat humble pie! Sticking their immature, childish, grass is greener rants, in their pipes and smoking it. The hideously negative Jack Reeve of talknorwichcity, was desperately disappointed he couldn’t slag off the team again! Warner’s interview on Canary call, shows how much negative impact that idiots like Reeve & his boo boy army undermine the team!! But balance is clearly needed and we mustn’t go over the top and get carried away, there were spells of excellent football, but WBA had 5 or 6 clear cut chances, with men free in the box, with Gibson flapping around like a lost sole. We do seem to be easy to cut through at times, an Oliver Skipp figure is still desperately needed, if we are seriously going to make a charge! 

• Like 4

It was a much better performance and they played decent football at times but yet again the away side had more possession and more shots on goal, luckily, West Brom failed to take their chances so it was a comfortable win in the end.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Imagine being convinced everything is fine by one win allll the time

embarrassing.

Which neither of the posts before yours have suggested. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I agree with this. They still had 15 shots on goal and 60% possession and in that first 15-20 minutes of the second half could have scored three had they been more clinical. I don’t think they turned up in the first half really, the way they stepped it up after the break indicates that.

A good win, some better football but I’ve seen posts and tweets describing it as a brilliant performance that proves the doubters wrong. I’m not sure it was that. I still think we were set up wrong until those subs and as a consequence too easy to play through. We still didn’t really control the game in the way I would like with posessiob of the ball. Until Wagner stops playing this 4-4-2 variant that will continue to be the case. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

As much as it was great to see Norwich win yesterday, it was almost as pleasurable to see the boo boys eat humble pie! Sticking their immature, childish, grass is greener rants, in their pipes and smoking it. The hideously negative Jack Reeve of talknorwichcity, was desperately disappointed he couldn’t slag off the team again! Warner’s interview on Canary call, shows how much negative impact that idiots like Reeve & his boo boy army undermine the team!! But balance is clearly needed and we mustn’t go over the top and get carried away, there were spells of excellent football, but WBA had 5 or 6 clear cut chances, with men free in the box, with Gibson flapping around like a lost sole. We do seem to be easy to cut through at times, an Oliver Skipp figure is still desperately needed, if we are seriously going to make a charge! 

The irony is, it was the boo boys putting it to one side and singing and creating the atmosphere to support the team. Something they get criticised for not doing. You 80 percenters, just sit there and do nothing, all the time. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

It was a much better performance and they played decent football at times but yet again the away side had more possession and more shots on goal, luckily, West Brom failed to take their chances so it was a comfortable win in the end.

Cant remember the stats at half time but it read something like Norwich had 9 shots with 4 on target, West Brom 2 shots with 0 on target 

promising either end 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Cant remember the stats at half time but it read something like Norwich had 9 shots with 4 on target, West Brom 2 shots with 0 on target 

promising either end 

We had 13 shots, 6 on target. Brom had 16 shots with 4 on target.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Yes the 'boo boys' got behind the team yesterday, something some never do. Those who criticise the 'whiners' need to make more noise - still pathetically quite until they see a keyboard.

Quite a lot of anti-Ipswich rhetoric too.

I still don't like how Wagner sets us up but hey ho we won and it was a good day out. Now, let's get to the play-offs...

• Like 2

Rhino in contributing nothing more than slagging off the fans shocker.

Seriously dude, why don't you try 1 time coming on here BEFORE a match and actually engaging in some football conversation instead of this pathetic post match fan slating thing you've got going on.

Can only presume you're someone like Zoe Webber at this point. 🤷‍♂️

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Yes the 'boo boys' got behind the team yesterday, something some never do. Those who criticise the 'whiners' need to make more noise - still pathetically quite until they see a keyboard.

Quite a lot of anti-Ipswich rhetoric too.

I still don't like how Wagner sets us up but hey ho we won and it was a good day out. Now, let's get to the play-offs...

Thought the home support was still pretty poor again yesterday. The crowd was quiet for large parts of the game, even the drummer struggled. I guess that it will take some time and improved performances, before the crowd can 'buy in' to this manager, team and way of playing.

Edited by Conrad

11 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Thought the home support was still pretty pathetic again yesterday. The crowd was quiet for large parts of the game, even the drummer struggled. I guess that it will take some time and improved performances, before the crowd can 'buy in' to this manager, team and way of playing.

The drummer managed to keep y’army going from 48 to 60 mins yesterday… it was still quiet, but Barclay E block had a good go. After the second goal, Jonny Rowe chant came from the majority of the lower Barclay and snake pit, and it was brill and like it should be. But it’s been hard these last 3 seasons.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

Just now, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

The drummer managed to keep yellow army going from 48 to 60 mins yesterday… it was still quiet, but Barclay E block had a good go. After the second goal, Jonny Rowe chant came from the majority of the lower Barclay and snake pit, and it was brill and like it should be. But it’s been hard these last 3 seasons.

Oh, I agree, yesterday was a lot better. But we have a long way to go before there is a return to anywhere near the vocal support experienced before Covid. 

I thought yesterday was one of our most spirited away performances Wagner has served up all season, personally.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Rhino in contributing nothing more than slagging off the fans shocker.

Seriously dude, why don't you try 1 time coming on here BEFORE a match and actually engaging in some football conversation instead of this pathetic post match fan slating thing you've got going on.

Can only presume you're someone like Zoe Webber at this point. 🤷‍♂️

Very thin skinned is Rhino. 

Crowd at CR is very reactive at the moment and things are uncertain on + off the pitch. It'll take an extended period of good results to really spark the crowd again.

On booing, Gibsons name was booed by a section of fans near the drum when the team was read out. Glad he put in a good performance.

• Like 1

Rhino the whino. Definitely a 20%er 

Edited by S_81

Jack Reeve is so unbelievably knee-jerk it's ridiculous. If we win at Leeds he'll hail Wagner the saviour, get beat 3-0 and he'll want him sacked again. Chris is a smiling, never-kicked-a-ball-in-his-life, buffoon of a fan, but he's now the better one of the two. Jack is insufferable.

14 hours ago, Rhino1 said:

Edited by Worthy Nigelton
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Jack Reeve is so unbelievably knee-jerk it's ridiculous. If we win at Leeds he'll hail Wagner the saviour, get beat 3-0 and he'll want him sacked again. Chris is a smiling, never-kicked-a-ball-in-his-life fan, buffoon of a fan, but he's now the better one of the two. Jack is insufferable.

Always thought Jack was the more sensible of the two until the derby as when the binners took the lead he posted some very nasty negative stuff only to then instantly delete the tweets when we scored and has since ignored anyone asking him about that

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

I thought yesterday was one of our most spirited away performances Wagner has served up all season, personally.

A genuine question, how come some of the regular posters like you were nowhere to be seen last night ? 

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

A genuine question, how come some of the regular posters like you were nowhere to be seen last night ? 

All round at Keith’s with bellyache!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Imagine being convinced everything is fine by one win allll the time

embarrassing.

Too many people on here are

Just now, Nik Vawn said:

All round at Keith’s with bellyache!

I thought they might be having an after match party on Riverside, but then I thought maybe not as do they attend matches ? They are usually posting on here during the match, but of course they could be doing that on their phones from FCR.

1 hour ago, Mason 47 said:

Crowd at CR is very reactive at the moment and things are uncertain on + off the pitch. It'll take an extended period of good results to really spark the crowd again.

On booing, Gibsons name was booed by a section of fans near the drum when the team was read out. Glad he put in a good performance.

Heard same in the South Stand although not widespread. It was disgraceful and the bell ends who do this should be ashamed of their stupidity. Gibson may not be the quickest or most accomplished defenders in the game (putting it mildly) but is a top class professional in his attitude. Unless and until he starts clearly disrespecting his team mates / club or fans then he deserves our full backing just as much as J Rowe.  

• Like 3

It's better, but it's not the full article yet. Getting results like the last two matches will have helped team belief and confidence - so we can expect good showings from now on - but we still give the ball away so cheaply too often, which just lets the opposition take the initiative. It happened a lot yesterday too, but WBA - as they proved when we played them away - are not great finishers - so we got away with it.......but we have enough class up front to cause anyone problems.

If only we could keep the ball better and enable the front men to have more opportunities to attack, we would be a practically unstoppable force. Can confidence and belief on it's own help that come about?  I'd like to think so........

3 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

I agree with this. They still had 15 shots on goal and 60% possession and in that first 15-20 minutes of the second half could have scored three had they been more clinical. I don’t think they turned up in the first half really, the way they stepped it up after the break indicates that.

A good win, some better football but I’ve seen posts and tweets describing it as a brilliant performance that proves the doubters wrong. I’m not sure it was that. I still think we were set up wrong until those subs and as a consequence too easy to play through. We still didn’t really control the game in the way I would like with posessiob of the ball. Until Wagner stops playing this 4-4-2 variant that will continue to be the case. 

Re your second half, I mean we had the best 2 chances of the game and they were goals, their chances weren't as good as I think you're making them out to be. 

We may have to consider we aren't good enough to control the game with superior AND possession whilst also being creative.

Consider the fact that we could control the game seemingly effortlessly under Farke but we needed a significantly superior weapon in Buendia (and then Pukki) to generally be creative under him.

So we have this huge risk of attacking transition being in a 4-2-4 but I think that's to enable us to create good quality chances with overloads. It's a big risk / reward and I get that, but perhaps it's what Wagner / Knapper (or both) think is the best way for this side. 

Papering over the cracks. 
Yes, a win is good and bought smiles on a freezing day. Most of the smiles around me were of tha I didnt expect that and I thought the baggies were better. 
Got Dave for another week. 

2 hours ago, Conrad said:

Thought the home support was still pretty poor again yesterday. The crowd was quiet for large parts of the game, even the drummer struggled. I guess that it will take some time and improved performances, before the crowd can 'buy in' to this manager, team and way of playing.

The atmosphere was the best its been for a while which is no coincidence with yesterday being the teams best performance of the season and theirs the key factor! - Norwich fans have had the Farke/ Dean Smith Premier disaster season, last seasons mostly turgid Championship and this season has been beyter but full of uninspiring results so its no wonder that the atmosphere will take quite a while to return to levels seen in the past!

One swallow doesn't make a summer, or indeed a good adult movie either. That said, that's at least four certain defeats in the eyes of many (Ipswich away, Southampton at home, Hull away, WBA at home) that resulted in 8 points.

Considering we couldn't scrap our way to points too well under Farke, we're doing OK at it under Wagner.

• Thanks 4

1 minute ago, percy varco said:

Papering over the cracks. 
Yes, a win is good and bought smiles on a freezing day. Most of the smiles around me were of tha I didnt expect that and I thought the baggies were better. 
Got Dave for another week. 

The Baggies were better?!!! - REALLY!!!

If they has been better in front of goal then WBA would have got a draw at least but they wern't so I'd say we were better as the end result suggests!