Team and formation for liverpool?

Gunn

Batth  Duffy  Hanley  Gibson

Stacey  Fisher              Giannoulis  McCallum

Sorenson     Mclean

Drop useless McLean and add Barden as a sweeper

• Haha 1

Just now, RobJames said:

My heart goes out to you in your hour of sorrow - tonight must have hurt, badly 😢

You’re such a simpleton. It’s almost cruel debating matters with you. 

2 minutes ago, Addick/Canary said:

I've not seen the highlights yet, but it seems George Long made some important saves again.

I wonder whether he will keep his place for Liverpool?

It would be very harsh on him to be dropped, but Gunny is in superb form at the moment.

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Gunn

Sorenson     Mclean

Not sure if I'd risk Fisher in the engine room in this game. Interesting you've plumped for McCallum out wide too. Also make sure to have 3 keepers on the bench just in case

6 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Gunn

Sorenson     Mclean

Not a bad idea. About half of them have scored for us this year, so it wouldn't be like we were being overly defensive and not having any attacking threat on the field. LOL

4 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Omo scored tonight👍

Then was part of a defense that conceded 2 against L1 oppo. 

Good riddance, money better in our pockets etc etc. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

Not sure if I'd risk Fisher in the engine room in this game. Interesting you've plumped for McCallum out wide too. Also make sure to have 3 keepers on the bench just in case

The full backs are doubling up on either wing.. sorensen and mclean are in the engine room.....

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

A touch harsh no?

Sven has said he has a wish to manage Liverpool. There are some fans who want it to happen for a game. 
I hope Sven gets his wish. 
We will not beat a Klopp Liverpool. 

Went to the game tonight. Horrendous first half. Really bad. To be fair big improvement second half and I thought we looked really sharp on the break for 15-20 minutes or so until Wagner made one of his ridiculous substitutions and took off all our pace on the counter when we were causing them lots of problems. This prompted a wobble but we eventually killed the game off. 

Nunez is now an important player for us and made a big difference. There were spells in that game when he, Sara and Sainz started to move the ball quickly and we looked a good side. Only spells though. There is a team in there, if only it could be unleashed more regularly. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

5 minutes ago, percy varco said:

Sven has said he has a wish to manage Liverpool. There are some fans who want it to happen for a game. 
I hope Sven gets his wish. 
We will not beat a Klopp Liverpool. 

Fair enough Percy V, I never heard any of that. Seems a very unlikely scenario all the same. Came across initially as an odd post. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Went to the game tonight. Horrendous first half. Really bad. To be fair big improvement second half and I thought we looked really sharp on the break for 15-20 minutes or so until Wagner made one of his ridiculous substitutions and took off all our pace on the counter when we were causing them lots of problems. This prompted a wobble but we eventually killed the game off. 

Nunez is now an important player for us and made a big difference. There were spells in that game when he, Sara and Sainz started to move the ball quickly and we looked a good side. Only spells though. There is a team in there, if only it could be unleashed more regularly. 

I didn't see the game but from the commentary it sounded as though we lost our way a bit and allowed Rovers something of a foothold to stay in the game. Definitely a game of two halves.

Nunez and McCallum's names were quite prominent which is a bit unfortunate for Sorensen as he never seems to get a chance in his preferred position!

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

I didn't see the game but from the commentary it sounded as though we lost our way a bit and allowed Rovers something of a foothold to stay in the game. Definitely a game of two halves.

Nunez and McCallum's names were quite prominent which is a bit unfortunate for Sorensen as he never seems to get a chance in his preferred position!

McCallum had a pretty ropey first half but was very good going forward after the break. Sorensen was playing CB for the last hour. 

1 hour ago, S_81 said:

You’re the biggest fence sitter of the lot 

Oh, no he isn't - he's the champion fence vaulter. Schroedinger's Canary is both in our garden and yours, and neither, at the same time, god love him!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

Fair enough Percy V, I never heard any of that. Seems a very unlikely scenario all the same. Came across initially as an odd post. 

There’s apparently a Legends game between Liverpool and Ajax sometime soon, there’s been a bit of a push for Sven to be made manager for it. Turns out he is a Liverpool fan.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Nah I want to see him in Goal! He’s played everywhere else! I bet he’d be a decent keeper!

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, our best investment would be a cloning machine because then we could play:

Gunn

McLean       McLean     McLean    McLean

McLean              McLean

McLean              McLean          McLean

McLean

• Haha 1

We won. The manager is not going to be here next season so just enjoy it. I and most of you on here were not one of the 800 fans who traveled tonight and there wasn't a stream so nobody can really comment on performance. 

Wagner will be gone next season, we're not going up or down so just try to enjoy every win, take each game as it comes and just try to enjoy it in any way you can. Yeah we had to struggled to beat a L1 team but most of us have watched a non-league Luton beat our PL team in the early 2010's, it happens, you've all witnessed an uncountable amount of cup upsets over the years. The prize money really matters for lower league clubs and they are always going to be well up for it. So it's always going to be a struggle. 

I get why people are still annoyed despite the win, our immediate future and our momentum really matters, our performances in the cup matter, it does say a lot about where we're at and where we're going to finish in the league. But nothing is going to change before the end of this season unless we lose 4/5 in a row and the club are forced to act, but even then we'd only appoint a caretaker to see us through to the end of this season and even then we're not getting promoted with this set of players. 

Next season we'll have a new head coach and a different team so things will be different. But just for now enjoy it when we win. Wagner was never getting sacked tonight even if we lost. I really understand and emphasize with people who think we need a bad result or run of bad results to force the club to act because in the past when they've been forced to act (Gunn and Adams) we've had an immediate upturn but it's not going to happen this season so just try to enjoy it. We won tonight, we've got a fun tie against Liverpool up next and we'll all get to watch the game if we're not part of the hardcore away following. We'll probably lose but we get to watch Norwich again live on TV. 

When you're a mid table team and it's not your year you've just got to take the little wins as they come. I'm looking forward to watching the game and seeing how our better players do against top opposition.

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Oh, no he isn't - he's the champion fence vaulter. Schroedinger's Canary is both in our garden and yours, and neither, at the same time, god love him!

Like a game of ping pong, i'm on one side and then the other then the other then the other..

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Fred Heath and the Pirates doesn’t have quite that same nautical ring.

oh buoy!

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

Said Johnny Kidd.....

Some of our fans will be Shakin' All Over at the thought of playing Liverpool.

9 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, our best investment would be a cloning machine because then we could play:

Gunn

McLean       McLean     McLean    McLean

McLean              McLean

McLean              McLean          McLean

McLean

That is a dumb idea. Not having Kenny in goal completely weakens the team!

• Like 1

I really hope regardless of short term performances we don't give the likes of Sorenson a new contract and others like him. Players which just aren't good enough and a rebuild is needed. Accepting mediocrity is something we have done for far too long

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Like a game of ping pong, i'm on one side and then the other then the other then the other..

Fair play.

I think of you as an overwhelming, but ultimately benign, force actually... ping without a pong

Edited by GenerationA47
typo

25 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Fair play.

I think of you as an overwhelming, but ultimately benign, force actually... ping without a pong

More of a pong than a ping 😄

• Haha 1

to be honest, Bristol rovers came out all guns blazing super high energy and would have given any team something to think about. However, that intensity was never going to last and I do feel that it was slightly more comfortable in the end.