CDMullins

"It was a great win, a deserved win"

9 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Mans deluded.

What on Earth do you expect him to say you clown?

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Mans deluded.

Probably fortunate to come away with three points but I’ll take a hard fought 2-1 grind of a win away from home any day of the week 

• Like 7

Can we not give Wagner this one and say he got it right? The key will be if we can be similarly stubborn in future away games and improve massively at home. I’m not convinced those two things will happen but it seems somewhat churlish to me to not give Wagner credit for tonight’s result.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Mans deluded.

You do know we scored twice, they scored once?  It wasn’t a classic, but most games aren’t; it a was hard-fought win and they put in a decent shift.

Nice to see the EDP backing the side - Seaman saying we ‘relied on luck’, but then I think he barely knows what he’s talking about and it suits to go negative.

• Like 1

Always take 3 points. Didn't think we played particularly well, seem like a team still not in tune. But that is football. Sometimes you deserve a win because of your endeavour, not the technical display. I'm just enjoying the win tonight. 

Edited by Unthink road
Missed word
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

You do know we scored twice, they scored once?  It wasn’t a classic, but most games aren’t; it a was hard-fought win and they put in a decent shift.

3 minutes ago, The Bunny said:

We did deserve to win. We got two goals and Hull only got one. 

This & this

It’s a bugbear of mine. Unless there was decisive cheating and/or officiating errors, which handed the game to the wrong side.. It’s the winner who deserved it. Every time.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

This & this

It’s a bugbear of mine. Unless there was decisive cheating and/or officiating errors, which handed the game to the wrong side.. It’s the winner who deserved it. Every time.

Ah, but - apparently, per the EDP we ‘somehow scraped to a 2-1 victory’ and ‘relied on luck’ to hold onto our lead.  And per Sky we should have had a definite red card.  For me, Dimi’s challenge was never enough for a red card, there wasn’t an ‘action’ in the elbow and had it been given it’d have been 100% rescinded. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

38 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Nice to see the EDP backing the side - Seaman saying we ‘relied on luck’, but then I think he barely knows what he’s talking about and it suits to go negative.

He probably said something different in the EADT where he can be even more negative.

I'm past caring what they say. The Pink Un was once a great publication with a rich history remembered fondly at Duncan's Club and SOTB. Now it's just clickbait.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Give the man his due. Chose the right starting 11 and we won, with help from his substitutions. 

And made timely and correct substitutions for a change

If we are as bad as some of the whiners on here would have, then for a team of our alleged standard, this has to be a great win. The problem there is to refute that point you would have to say we are not as bad as some would have... tricky that.

Of course, real supporters will be all too aware that the parachute money runs out this June. THIRTY MILLION less income. Therefore, signings and wage contracts have to be signed on that basis. Sadly, the whiners among us cannot take on board that basic reality. For them, NCFC should continue with a budget that is based on PL TV money, and so should make financial commitments accordingly.

After all, look at other clubs who have lost their parachute money. All of whom are doing far better than us, and have been for years. - Cardiff, Blackburn, QPR, Stoke, Boro, Swansea, Watford. You only have to look at the likes of H'field, Wigan, Bolton and Derby to see where we are getting it wrong.

Never mind. There's always Bristol Rovers. A defeat will no doubt cheer up a few on here if we lose.

• Like 3

K'in hell lads, your expectations and standards have slipped.

We were awful, couldn't get the ball, couldn't keep the ball, couldn't string 5 passes together. Couldn't transition from defence to attack. In the 2nd half we barley passed the half way line. It was essentially a game of attack v defence.

Had this of been Pep's City, and we'd scrapped a win I'd be all for it, but this is Hull City.

33% Possession. Half as many passes. 10 less shots. Goalkeeper MOM.

Shout out to Kenny and Angus, who were awesome.

But it certainly wasn't a great win to watch and we definitely didn't deserve to win.

Edited by CDMullins

I’ve been going to games for 45 years, and it’s always worked out that scoring 2 goals to 1 means we win. I’ve seen us play really well and somehow lose, and poorly and win.  We weren’t at our best but we scrapped and kept them largely at arm’s length.  They had 5 shots on target, that’s hardly a bombardment; our actual chances were probably better, hence (so I’m told) our xg was higher.  It wasn’t an unfair result. Period.

Sometimes, particularly away from home, you scrap and get the result - I can’t see it being anything to be overly negative about. Hull is a tricky place to go, we were pretty ordinary there under Farke, for instance.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hull were pretty relentless in regards to taking quick corners and such like, you don't come out matches like that with all 3 points if you're not switched on.   Was a well deserved win and really pleased for the lads.

• Like 1

My thoughts from the game. Firstly, it’s a great result away to play-off chasing side in decent form. The quality on show was below par, but the state of the pitch has a lot to answer for that. Personally, I think that’s unacceptable for a championship side. 

Anyway, Duffy and Barnes. Two players slated by too many fans. They were a massive part of that win. Duffy’s position is actually top class, and he blocks and headers so much. Yes a couple of wayward passes, but to me, he’s almost a carbon copy of Malky Mckay. He wasn’t too bad, was he! Barnes harassed and harried the hull defence second half, which helped to relieve the pressure at crucial times. Work that often goes unnoticed and isn’t measurable by stats. His link up play with Sargent started to show signs of reigniting too, even a couple of glimpses first half. A half people are saying his was terrible. Just not true.

Overall performance was good. It could easily have been a Hull win too, there wasn’t really anything in it tbf so to say they deserved it, or we did, is wide of the mark. Just a closely fought championship game on a **** pitch. Of course us taking the lead away from home, sets out how the rest of the game pans out.

One major concern still remains. How easy we are to run through. Sara and Nunez, the former especially, just don’t get a foot in and half arsed jockey players allowing them to progress easily. As everyone knows, CDM remains a transfer priority! Also, the backing off in general, evidenced by Hulls late goal, is poor and of concern. Too much time afforded in dangerous areas. 

The Kenny McLean experiment continues. Thought he was decent enough first half, and is nice to have his long range passing ability as a decent option to mix it up from deep. However, under the cosh, he’s exposed and a few headers dropped into dangerous areas rather than being cleared to safety. 

Gunn MOM for a couple of worldies, followed closely by Duffy. 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

He probably said something different in the EADT where he can be even more negative.

I'm past caring what they say. The Pink Un was once a great publication with a rich history remembered fondly at Duncan's Club and SOTB. Now it's just clickbait.

I had the paper posted to me from about '66 until it ceased. This was to all over the world where work took me. I thoroughly enjoyed every page of it, even if it did arrive about two weeks after publication in a lot of places.

• Like 2

I’m pleased with the win as always but let’s get real, there was NOTHING in that performance that was much different from the dross we’ve been serving up under Wagner most of the season. Yes we defended a bit better in a backs to the wall sense but Hull had 67% possession snd 19 shots. They chose bad options at times in promising positions but they played through us as got shots on our goal so easily and 9 times out of 10 they win that game.

We were set up wrong again. We had no decent possession or control over the game again. We won that game due to a moment of individual brilliance, some great goalkeeping and a breakaway goal near the end with a degree of luck involved. It changes nothing for me, in fact it highlighted how the general quality of our game with the ball has regressed hugely and that consistent results are not sustainable playing like this. 

8 hours ago, Grando said:

Can we not give Wagner this one and say he got it right? The key will be if we can be similarly stubborn in future away games and improve massively at home. I’m not convinced those two things will happen but it seems somewhat churlish to me to not give Wagner credit for tonight’s result.

I don’t think he did get it right. I think he got lucky to be honest. It’s ironic that the man he has criticised recently (Rowe) is almost single handedly keeping him in a job. 

For all their possession, Hull didn't do much with it and didn't turn us around very much. We looked dangerous on the counter in spells, but misplaced far too many passes on a veritable potato patch to be a consistent threat and to make Hull think twice. Quite similar to the Southampton game, and I thought we deserved a point in that one too.

If they have 65% of the ball but are mainly shooting from distance, but we had better, fewer chances, then we probably deserved to win it. This was the kind of win we wouldn't have got under Farke.

• Like 1

He's literally in an impossible position. That was a good away win against a team playing well. You can't expect to turn up and dominate teams on their own patch, especially good teams like Hull. The fans are getting a bit silly with this now, I know loads want him out, but at least be fair about it. Nothing wrong with last night as an away performance and result.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Worthy Nigelton said:

He's literally in an impossible position. That was a good away win against a team playing well. You can't expect to turn up and dominate teams on their own patch, especially good teams like Hull. The fans are getting a bit silly with this now, I know loads want him out, but at least be fair about it. Nothing wrong with last night as an away performance and result.

It was a good away result. It was not a good performance. I just want to see the team play somewhere close to the level it is capable of. Nobody expects to dominate but we are consistently being dominated and we were again last night. It was a smash and grab job. That’s ok if it’s the exception to the rule. The “we weren’t at our best but….” argument applies. But the problem is when have we been at our best? 

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

It was a good away result. It was not a good performance. I just want to see the team play somewhere close to the level it is capable of. Nobody expects to dominate but we are consistently being dominated and we were again last night. It was a smash and grab job. That’s ok if it’s the exception to the rule. The “we weren’t at our best but….” argument applies. But the problem is when have we been at our best? 

Yeah but you're away to one of the better teams in the league. Smash and grab is fine. If that was Rotherham or Sheff Wed's then fine to complain, but it wasn't. It was a perfectly acceptable performance and a very good result bearing in mind the opposition.

• Like 2

A good win considering the previous three games but a bit of perspective, Hull have now lost four out of five, their top goal scorer got injured within the first 20 minutes and out of the current top 12 only City have conceded more.