cambridgeshire canary

Hwang sent back to Forest. His Norwich career is over

As expected. Now that Sarge is back, he may have been sent back anyway, even without the injury.

Another meh backward looking player.

Start the ball rolling mr Knapper, put up the January sales sign line up the old codgers and deadwood at the front of the shop-any reasonable offer accepted, or ANY offer accepted……

I should imagine we will bring in a senior player, but there seems to be a lot of noise about Ken Aboh in the youth squads. I wonder if he might get a shot.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Ernie Wise said:

Another meh backward looking player.

Start the ball rolling mr Knapper, put up the January sales sign line up the old codgers and deadwood at the front of the shop-any reasonable offer accepted, or ANY offer accepted……

And yet Hwang still showed more promise as a striker than both Idah and Barnes

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 6

Can't say i'm too sad he's gone though, providing we now look at bringing someone else in who's either more similar to Sarge, so that we're covered for remainder of season.  Or comes in with an already impressive strike rate at a lower level.

Hwang leaves us with the memory of that long range peach though, can't take that away from the man.  Needs to get out of Forest as he's still got a number of years left in him and clearly needs gametime.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And movement! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

And movement! 

Certainly more movement, yes. In a different Norwich team, better organised and with more going through midfield rather than the wings, I think he could have done well.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yet has only scored 3 in 18 appearances. Half that of Idah.

• Like 2

Right decision with sarge back. Frees up cash to use as needed

and gives idah the chance for more minutes to show us his true worth over the rest of rhe season.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He started slowly but I'd agree he improved with pitch time and moved up the pecking order to second choice striker after sarge; but it seems a sub optimal use of cash and blocking pitch time for our young strikers. Time for aboh on the bench to follow??

Edited by ZLF

ITS THE NINTH OF JAN AND KNAPPER HAS MASTERMINDED A WINDOW WHERE WE NOW HAVE ONE LESS PLAYER THAN WE HAD BEFORE AND WE NEEDED MORE TO BEGIN WITH.

..... bring back Stuart? 😉

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Bit of a shame, in the games where Wagner opts for 2 strikers as opposed to a midfield 3 (or 5 at the back)..I think Hwang may have proved a decent pairing ,playing just off Sargent

• Like 2

Personally I think Hwang should have been playing more in the "ten" position, behind the nine. He was pretty awful when he tried to lead the line as that wasn't his game. However, the one or two games he played in the ten, he didn't look too bad. Watford being the game where he really shone. 

As it is, with this stuff looming over him too, I think we made the right decision in sending him back to Nottingham Forest 

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not really. Idah has scored more and arguably both him and Barnes contribute more to the team.

Hwang probably paid twice the wage as Idah, has suspect hamstrings and of course has that little off the pitch issue to sort out.

Sensible decision to bin him off.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Not really. Idah has scored more and arguably both him and Barnes contribute more to the team.

Hwang probably paid twice the wage as Idah, has suspect hamstrings and of course has that little off the pitch issue to sort out.

As soon as Play offs are out of reach ( i think they are now ) then we should not play any loan players unless they are loan to buy ,

better to play some younger players to see what we have for future ,

do not hear many glowing reports about the boy fro Man city i thought he would have been something bit special coming from their youth team 

Nope, Idah considerably better with a better goal return too, oh and Idah is considerably younger.

Clueless.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

As soon as Play offs are out of reach ( i think they are now ) then we should not play any loan players unless they are loan to buy

At what point do you draw the line on that?  No professional is going to just give up on achieving a goal unless they're forced to because it's mathematically impossible.

These loan players will be receiving an income too, and you have to also consider future loans and the reputation of the club in that regard.  "Oh we didn't play your player cause we gave up half way through the season" (?!).

It's important for our young players to be coming up into a team that is successful, providing them hundreds of minutes of losing and fans ripping them to shreds is not a great environment.   It's all about getting that balance right.

Edited by Google Bot

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Nope, Idah considerably better with a better goal return too, oh and Idah is considerably younger.

Clueless.

Why is an opinion "clueless"?

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Clueless.

Someone actually still rates Idah? Any more around?

Let's be 'aving yew.

The best thing about Adam is that he turns up in a City shirt so we are duty bound to support him, but that's proving to be a tough ask.

Edited by BroadstairsR

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Hwang was pretty much a metaphor for Norwich under Wagner. Occasional flashes of being decent but mostly just a major disappointment. 

I agree in part. Shame injury prevailed/the potential of him being in the slammer. However he was technically better than Barnes and Idah in my view.

I agree with you in respect of Wagner.

18 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

At what point do you draw the line on that?  No professional is going to just give up on achieving a goal unless they're forced to because it's mathematically impossible.

These loan players will be receiving an income too, and you have to also consider future loans and the reputation of the club in that regard.  "Oh we didn't play your player cause we gave up half way through the season" (?!).

It's important for our young players to be coming up into a team that is successful, providing them hundreds of minutes of losing and fans ripping them to shreds is not a great environment.   It's all about getting that balance right.

i agree about it is about Balance ,

we will learn a lot about the club in the Transfer window and what they think ,

i do not think we have a chance because of Wagner 

But the club might be quite ambitious with loans  and give the very best chance of sneaking in the play offs 

Not sure about that tbh. Hwang didn’t reach the levels Barnes was showing in August and September

49 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I’m a newer fan but seemed to like Hwang at times. Maybe it’s the smaller sample size I have but I thought he contributed well at times. 

Can you give me some background on the off-field issue?

2 minutes ago, CanadianCanary said:

I’m a newer fan but seemed to like Hwang at times. Maybe it’s the smaller sample size I have but I thought he contributed well at times. 

Can you give me some background on the off-field issue?

Personal life[edit]

On 25 June 2023, an unidentified user on the social networking service Instagram accused Hwang of gaslighting her and other women, alleging that he had intimate and sexual relations with multiple partners without formally establishing a relationship due the prospects of returning to his football club Nottingham Forest in England.[28] She also claimed that videos on his cellphone with these women may have been taken without consent or by hidden cameras; she posted private conversations and recordings on the social media platform. Hwang's management company UJ Sports denied the allegations and stated that it would take legal action against the distributor of the contents.[29] In November 2023, he was suspended by South Korea pending a police inquiry into the claims.[30]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hwang_Ui-jo

• Thanks 1