Sign in to follow this  
Soldier on

What an earth is knapper waiting for ?…

Even a caretaker manager to end of the season would be preferable to this dross wouldn’t it ???

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Even a caretaker manager to end of the season would be preferable to this dross wouldn’t it ???

Yes it would. No idea what he’s waiting for. Can only assume that he’s been told he can’t fire the gun. 

Posted (edited)

Biggest moment of Knappers Career. Like nothing he’s ever had to do before, probably just nervous and indecisive. To be expected, I guess. Delia and Zoe got the type of guy they wanted.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

I honestly think Dean Smith would be getting better results with this squad. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, ec-p said:

I honestly think Dean Smith would be getting better results with this squad. 

Now you’re going too far!

• Like 1

He is clearly out of his depth? Understands the issue but hasn’t a clue what to do.

time for him to move on and get an experienced DOF in to sort out webbers mess

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I suspect - no money to fire him. No money to apppoint a new candidate. No money to back a new manager in the window. So just frozen  

This new rhetoric that we can't afford to fire him can only possibly be based on something completely made up and imaginary.

We have sacked managers when in far more perilous circumstances financially.

This time, our only debt is to a co-owner who has said he's willing to spend more money.

There is no financial reason stopping us from sacking him although I understand the desire from some for this to be the answer...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

At this point he could hold a championship manager competition and give the job to the winner

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, norwich canary said:

He is clearly out of his depth? Understands the issue but hasn’t a clue what to do.

time for him to move on and get an experienced DOF in to sort out webbers mess

Took you 14 years to sort your s**** and to be fair you ain’t there yet with the likes of Palace and Brighton sniffing round your manager.

24 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

A long term appointment.

The long term is just a series of short terms, peaks and troughs. Diving straight into a trough might be unavoidable but had he come straight in and sacked Wagner I suspect he would have more respect. It was always going to be a tough gig following Webber but he needs to tell us what he is thinking really as he cannot work in a vacuum at this level.

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I suspect - no money to fire him. No money to apppoint a new candidate. No money to back a new manager in the window. So just frozen  

Don't need to fire him is there ? Thought his rolling contract runs out today which will probs be at 2359 hrs. At midnight tell him we are not renewing and he's gone.

New gaffa I  tomorrow 

30 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Took you 14 years to sort your s**** and to be fair you ain’t there yet with the likes of Palace and Brighton sniffing round your manager.

@sheffcanary sort him out would you? 

Somebody at the club, they must read this.

Please leak that we can’t afford to sack Wagner, at least then we have a catalyst for change. It might finally change peoples minds a bit.

We’re in trouble, and insisting other fans don’t boo and we just bury our heads and praise Wagners tactical genius will… not help.

We need change, drastic change, quick.

1 hour ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

He needs to do an interview - we haven't really heard from him at all and he's been in the door for about two months now.

Pretty sure I heard Rob Butler say on Radio Norfolk that they have been told they can interview him at the end of the transfer window, so unfortunately it looks like another few weeks of radio silence...

1 hour ago, NFN FC said:

At this point he could hold a championship manager competition and give the job to the winner

You're out of touch. Football manager is the good one now! Apart from that. Sound idea. Like the last starfighter!

Don't subscribe to the cost implications. We could easily sack Wagner and Buhler, move Hughes back to loan manager role and keep Pelach as coach or even give him a run as caretaker.

1 hour ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

He needs to do an interview - we haven't really heard from him at all and he's been in the door for about two months now.

I think after Webber constant David Brett impressions I doubt we will be hearing much from him. 

7 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Pretty sure I heard Rob Butler say on Radio Norfolk that they have been told they can interview him at the end of the transfer window, so unfortunately it looks like another few weeks of radio silence...

I guess actions speak louder than words. We’ve see. Frighteningly little to date though. 

1 hour ago, canarycop said:

Don't need to fire him is there ? Thought his rolling contract runs out today which will probs be at 2359 hrs. At midnight tell him we are not renewing and he's gone.

New gaffa I  tomorrow 

He's on a one-year rolling contract, so always has one year left on it. It would cost one year's salary to sack him tonight, and one year's salary to sack him in May. 

This would actually make a caretaker manager pointless, unless it's someone promoted from within. Why pay someone else to coast towards the end of the season when it will cost the same to sack Wagner whenever we do it?

27 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

He'll have to speak before. The club won't be able to dictate this in the same Webber had to go and not do a handover. The fans aren't going to be okay with another four weeks of nothing. They have no choice - he has to speak... 

• Thanks 1