Sign in to follow this  
Satriales

Rooney about to be sacked...

Just now, king canary said:

Jinx

Haha, we'll get in trouble on this forum for a double post!

I’m no fan but people deserve better than reading a headline saying “set to sack”. Let the guy being sacked be the first to know rather than telling the media first.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Well, that didn't go very well did it? Should have stuck with Eustace.

I'm sure he'll be crying into all the money he's earned for a couple of month's employment which I'm sure amounts to more than I'll earn in the next 10 years. 

Reports he was on 1.5m a year across a 3.5 year contract so that's 5.25m he'll be getting paid...

As I said in my other post, I find it very funny they repeated the exact same mistake as they did with Rowett/Zola all those years ago. 

2 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

No doubt some fans will still say appointing him was the right decision

He was very popular at Derby.

From BBC Sport - Rooney's overall record as a manager doesn't make for pleasant reading. He's taken charge of 152 matches, winning 41, drawing 38 and losing 73.

Bit of a rubbish record that isn't it.

It's one of the many risks associated with foreign investment from people who have no clue about the sport but a lot of money. Birmingham are owned by Shelby Companies Ltd, a subsidiary of US-based Knighthead Capital Management. 

I'd have sympathy with fans but I'm guessing most of them were dancing with excitement because of all the extra "investment" from their new illustrious owners.

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Took them from 5th to 20th.

Has to be one of the worst manager signings I have seen for some time

Very similar to Zola who took Brum from 7th to 3 points above the relegation zone with just two wins in 24 games............

21 minutes ago, hogesar said:

It's one of the many risks associated with foreign investment from people who have no clue about the sport but a lot of money. Birmingham are owned by Shelby Companies Ltd, a subsidiary of US-based Knighthead Capital Management. 

I'd have sympathy with fans but I'm guessing most of them were dancing with excitement because of all the extra "investment" from their new illustrious owners.

Did they really name their company after a fictional Birmingham gangster? 

Maybe a contender as Wagner replacement, certainly looks to be as incompetent.  To keep your job Wayne you need a different plan like getting 10 men behind the ball and stifling any creaivity, it works a treat.  Ignoring the fact the fans hate the tactic but it might just work in short term. 

• Haha 1

Brilliant comment on BBC HYS.

Rooney will have to drop down and manage a team like Man United if he wants to prove himself for a big job in the future.

• Haha 3

Best managers in recent year were Ferguson and Wenger. Both average players, but top top managers.

why do directors of football clubs assume that great players will cut the mustard as managers.

Lampart, Gerrard, further back I think Bobby Moore, Martin Peters. All wonderful players.

Lampart and Gerrard straight into top PL clubs as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pete said:

Maybe a contender as Wagner replacement, certainly looks to be as incompetent.  To keep your job Wayne you need a different plan like getting 10 men behind the ball and stifling any creaivity, it works a treat.  Ignoring the fact the fans hate the tactic but it might just work in short term. 

Maybe Brum would like to take Wagner off our hands?

4 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

God I'd love Rooney at Norwich... said no one ever.

I think a few would've said yes to the player. :classic_cool:

19 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

God I'd love Rooney at Norwich... said no one ever.

Give them time :classic_biggrin:

2 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Very similar to Zola who took Brum from 7th to 3 points above the relegation zone with just two wins in 24 games............

And now it seems Zola is coming back as Fat Frank's assistant to help him p*** more money up the wall :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sooty57 said:

Give them time :classic_biggrin:

Let the Lampard v Rooney fight commence 😉

Another from the played for England and was good so must be a great manager just like Gerrard and Lampard. 

A great player doesn’t necessarily make a good manager, even Bobby Charlton was a poor manager sadly, God rest his soul. 

Living in Birmingham, they seemed to know a week ago Cooper was going to be in charge, so unless something goes wrong, guess that will be their man

55 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Living in Birmingham, they seemed to know a week ago Cooper was going to be in charge, so unless something goes wrong, guess that will be their man

I’m not sure about Cooper, like I said installing a failed sacked manager (look at Forest since he’s gone!) can be more destructive, Smith coming here from Villa! 
If we are to replace our manager I’d much prefer a young gun from a successful coaching set up or a lower league manager doing well!

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Did they really name their company after a fictional Birmingham gangster? 

IMG-20240102-WA0001.jpg

Edited by The Raptor
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Rumour is that Lampard is coming in. Talk about out of the frying pan if it turns out to be true.

Edited by Virtual reality