A guy who was at the game but is a neutral phoned in to say the atmosphere today was shocking. I have to agree, I think that was the quietest game I've been to at Carrow Road. I await Ricardo's report with interest. 

The strange thing is that despite our appalling approach to the game we really should have won it. 

PS. the ref was awful. Not biased one way or the other, he just got silly things wrong for both teams. 

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

A guy who was at the game but is a neutral phoned in to say the atmosphere today was shocking. I have to agree, I think that was the quietest game I've been to at Carrow Road. I await Ricardo's report with interest.

No surprise when you see your team set up to defend 11 behind the ball from the very kick-off. Where is the inspiration to get excited going to come from when you see that?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wagnerball is an urban legend. Like the Loch Ness monster. 

The atmosphere is terrible even if we play well. There's a horrible sense of entitlement that's only really came into play the last couple years presumably because of our recent history has had us generally dominating the championship. 

• Like 14
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Or a positive comment from you…

Happy new year 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The atmosphere is terrible even if we play well. There's a horrible sense of entitlement that's only really came into play the last couple years presumably because of our recent history has had us generally dominating the championship. 

Or alternatively a large % of the crowd are fed up of our useless manager, to the point of being apathetic about us losing, as long as it gets rid of him 

• Like 8

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Honestly couldn’t disagree more. 

City fans just want to see decent football.. it doesn’t take much to get the fans on side either. Also, expecting to be in and around the top six is not the same as being entitled. The club has set that target, and being a recent EPL club it is not an unrealistic expectation.

Your obsession with slating fellow fans is a bit weird.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Pretty much true - it’s hard to say quite why it is, but there is definitely a sense of entitlement.  It isn’t just Wagner or Smith, it was there under Farke’s last games.  It still seems to be a post-covid hangover among the crowd, that we’ve been unable to shake off.

• Like 2

I turned up ten minutes late and as I walking right outside the stadium I honestly could barely hear anything from inside. Previously when I've arrived late I've heard the atmosphere from up the hill, so I'd certainly concur that the atmosphere was pretty flat.

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Pretty much true - it’s hard to say quite why it is, but there is definitely a sense of entitlement.  It isn’t just Wagner or Smith, it was there under Farke’s last games.  It still seems to be a post-covid hangover among the crowd, that we’ve been unable to shake off.

Wrong, again.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

We were second favourites to win the title last season and joint 5th this season. The crap atmosphere is down to mediocre performances and poor campaigns including another embarrassing one in the PL. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Wrong, again.

Not in any way.  When was the last time we had a decent atmosphere?  Pre covid. That is fact.  It was very poor under Farke’s last games, the Leeds game was awful.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Totally agree. I said when Farke went that our management job was a really poisoned chalice, and this is a side-effect of it.

• Like 1

Atmosphere isn't specifically because of today, but a culmination of performances and results this season. It was mostly very good at the start of this season. Obviously a few with blankets round their knees aren't going to make any noise regardless, but that's never changing.

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The prize for the half time competition is a hot dog. Hardly surprising given our recent history that the fans might expect a little more.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I don’t think it’s entitlement as much as a lingering frustration that somewhere in the Farke era was a team that could and should have had a really good premier league season and for one reason or another it never came to pass.

Posted (edited)

I don't know what is supposed to be so wrong with a little sense of entitlement. I suppose the opposite would be the "Little old Norwich" mentality. You tell me.

Our support levels, our recent history and the fact that we have been led to believe, over the past few years, that our place in the hierarchy is supposed to be that of a top twenty-six side suggest that an underwhelming response from the crowd at recent performances and at our miserable league position is to be expected.

Nobody expects us to win every game in the Championship. Nobody expects us to win every home game in the Championship and, for sure, none of us expect an automatic top-two berth on a consistent basis, but the long-suffering (paying) fans surely have a right to expect more than the car crash they are currently having to witness on a regular basis.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

I don't know what is supposed to be so wrong with a little sense of entitlement. I suppose the opposite would be the "Little old Norwich" mentality. You tell me.

Our support levels, our recent history and the fact that we have been led to believe, over the past few years, that our place in the hierarchy is supposed to be that of a top twenty-six side suggest that an underwhelming response from the crowd at recent performances and at miserable league position is to be expected.

Nobody expects us to win every game in the Championship. Nobody expects us to win every home game in the Championship and, for sure, none of us expect an automatic top-two berth on a consistent basis, but the long-suffering (paying) fans surely have a right to expect more than the car crash they are currently having to witness on a regular basis.

It’s a day out for the 80%, that’s the harsh reality.

18 minutes ago, Grando said:

I turned up ten minutes late and as I walking right outside the stadium I honestly could barely hear anything from inside. Previously when I've arrived late I've heard the atmosphere from up the hill, so I'd certainly concur that the atmosphere was pretty flat.

You didn't miss anything, apart from 11 players getting behind the ball! 

• Like 1

Blaming it on entitlement is a bit lazy as I don't think it's that at all - it's just boring football under the directorship of a Head Coach who most people don't like. 

It was a poor atmosphere once again but once again there was precious little to get behind. When Sarge and Idah came on and we started to look more in the game and there was a positive response.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Grando said:

Why would anyone continually turn up late for a game 

• Like 1

I hate this nonsense about how "fans just want to see good football". Total, total tosh. If we're playing exciting free flowing football but getting beat more often than not, the fans would kick off and demand the manager is sacked. 

Loads of fans would love to see us just get big physical lumps in who 'put it in the mixer' and you can often hear groans when we try to play through the thirds. Stop lying to yourself - style matters very little to a huge section of the fanbase. If we'd have won 2-1 today to put us top, everyone would have called it a tactical masterclass - the reason it is unacceptable is because we're midtable and we didn't win. Nothing to do with the setup. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Not in any way.  When was the last time we had a decent atmosphere?  Pre covid. That is fact.  It was very poor under Farke’s last games, the Leeds game was awful.

the same olds are out on here blaming the crowd entitlement. The depths they will sink to in order to avoid the obvious knows no bounds. And the simple truth is that the manager’s tactics, and indeed some of the performances by a few of the overpaid players this season, are not only underwhelming but are maddening to witness. There is no sense of entitlement in wanting the 4th biggest wage bill in the division playing entertaining and effective football. Nor a manager who can do better than Wagner. And I don’t think any fan thinks we will suddenly become Man City - but it’s not entitlement to want better than this. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Blaming it on entitlement is a bit lazy as I don't think it's that at all - it's just boring football under the directorship of a Head Coach who most people don't like. 

It was a poor atmosphere once again but once again there was precious little to get behind. When Sarge and Idah came on and we started to look more in the game and there was a positive response.

Yeah but it's not just today. We played well against Huddersfield but Still booed playing it out from the back even though it created our chances.

It must be horrible playing in front of our home crowd,  the away team has a leg up already.

Ironically the snakepit were singing "Wagner your football is sh*t" louder than any other noise they'd made in the past 5 games and what followed a minute later was an excellent passing move finished by Sargent to precision. The two brain cells in that stand must have been in danger of meeting one another.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

the same olds are out on here blaming the crowd entitlement. The depths they will sink to in order to avoid the obvious knows no bounds. And the simple truth is that the manager’s tactics, and indeed some of the performances by a few of the overpaid players this season, are not only underwhelming but are maddening to witness. There is no sense of entitlement in wanting the 4th biggest wage bill in the division playing entertaining and effective football. Nor a manager who can do better than Wagner. And I don’t think any fan thinks we will suddenly become Man City - but it’s not entitlement to want better than this. 

The same people on here defend S&J, defended Webber and now blame the fans. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, daly said:

Why would anyone continually turn up late for a game 

I'm late most Saturdays (5 minutes or so) due to the fact I work in the morning then have to fight through the traffic driving  past the ground to dump the car. 

I can't remember the last time I actually missed anything. Just the embarrassing 3 2 1 countdown to OTBC

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, S_81 said:

You aren’t bothering to read what’s written, are you.  It’s not just Wagner, or Smith, it was there under Farke’s last games.  The atmosphere had been dire since we came back from covid.

Try again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

I hate this nonsense about how "fans just want to see good football". Total, total tosh. If we're playing exciting free flowing football but getting beat more often than not, the fans would kick off and demand the manager is sacked. 

Loads of fans would love to see us just get big physical lumps in who 'put it in the mixer' and you can often hear groans when we try to play through the thirds. Stop lying to yourself - style matters very little to a huge section of the fanbase. If we'd have won 2-1 today to put us top, everyone would have called it a tactical masterclass - the reason it is unacceptable is because we're midtable and we didn't win. Nothing to do with the setup. 

You're spot on. As I just said, as soon as we conceded the Snakepit started singing "Wagner your football is sh*t"

Either have the balls to do it before we concede, or keep quiet. Don't wait for a singular goal. And of course they sing it again and we score a well worked goal and they suddenly stop again.

They're so flip-flop based purely on result, as you say. I'd respect an actual prolonged anti Wagner campaign as at least the consistency would show some backbone to their calls. As it is they look far more stupid than Wagner himself.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1