KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Bristol v Norwich****

We looked functional for a little while there but the goal came through the lack in midfield again. The most worrying thing for me, watching on a stream which at Bristol has a very lofty angle, our shape totally fell to bits after the goal. The difference was so, so clear.

Not even sure I can see an obvious (on-pitch) change that would make a decent difference at this point. Not without altering the approach entirely.

This manager will take us to league one...this board seem happy to sit by and watch it happen

Gid rid of Wagner , Smith and Wynn Jones now ...and then Knapper and Attanasio can get on with the job of appointing a manager now...and allowing him 3 or 4 weeks to assess which players are needed in January

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

Let’s be positive, we brilliantly kept them down to only one goal.Fantastic! Well done! Come on you yellows!

I was thinking similar. At least we didn't immediately concede a second, so that's an improvement at least.

You've got to look for those silver linings.

Bottom line it’s the Chase out moment for Delia only way this club gonna move forward. Shouldn’t be manager out Delia out chants going forward at Carrow Road . If she so confident send poll to season ticket holders and see how many say we want you to stay then you might get the wake up call she needs .. utter delusional 

"tHiS Is a MeSSSSSSagE FoR tHe *HIC* besT 80% *HIC* of fooTbaLL surrrrportters iN ThE wOoooorLD...Oh **** I'vE pIsssssEd me sELf aGain. BARRFFFFFFFFFF! uP tHe pOMpeYYYYY!"

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap

Funny how the commentators and summarises can always see and will always comment on what is blindingly obvious. NO friggin' marking.

" Bristol allowed acres of space"

Leaving our midfield is shuffling along, ball watching. "I better shuffle towards the player who has just been passed to. What a surprise, just as I got within 5 yards he has passed to another unmarked player." And so it goes on. This is not down to bad players in this matter, as from an early age you learn to mark, this has to be some idiocy much as an.al marking at corners, and the nonsense of pi.ssing about at goal kicks before getting out of danger by finally hoofing it upfield.

1 minute ago, Mason 47 said:

We looked functional for a little while there but the goal came through the lack in midfield again. The most worrying thing for me, watching on a stream which at Bristol has a very lofty angle, our shape totally fell to bits after the goal. The difference was so, so clear.

Not even sure I can see an obvious (on-pitch) change that would make a decent difference at this point. Not without altering the approach entirely.

The fans could make the difference but will they second half? 

Am I allowed to whinge, Delia, darling? Just a little bit. I know you're a terribly, terribly nice person who has won the Mother Theresa award for three years running, so most of the people on here believe we are not allowed to say naughty things about you, but can I whinge, dear? Just a little?

That was ****. Again.

3 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I'm ringing my bell furiously. 

You can get arrested for doing that in public.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'm hearing about a little bit of unpleasantness in the away section, a few fans turning on each other.

that will 80 percenters against the 20 percenters 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Corbs1 said:

I didn’t make the AGM, but sounds like a statement I would agree with. I’ve always thought you can support during the 90 minutes, assist the team, and crucially **** off oppo fans; doesn’t stop you being critical of the club for rest of the week. Guess what would really pee off the Gippeswyk- yep got it in one… it’s called loyalty 

Love of the club is pretty unconditional IMO, loyalty is to the people involved, whether it’s players, managers, staff or owners and they have to earn it. 

Not sure what this team and club is doing to earn it right now. Delia shouldn’t expect blind loyalty, it’s a two way street.

Barnes too isolated which is hardly surprising.

We had a decent spell for a bit but as soon as we concede no one can get going again.

1 minute ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

What's the ratio? 

OTBC

80/20 no conformation of which way around that is. Apparently all kicked off when some **** started ringing a bell

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'm hearing about a little bit of unpleasantness in the away section, a few fans turning on each other.

80% you will go on my first whistle

20% you will go on my second whistle 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

I was thinking similar. At least we didn't immediately concede a second, so that's an improvement at least.

You've got to look for those silver linings.

The only reason we didn't concede a second is that Bristol screwed up. They should have at least one more goal.

4 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

“WHY ARENT YOU CLAPPING HARDER! MUMMY DELIA SAYS YOU HAVE TO!!”

• Haha 2

We can’t  mark. We can’t play people in their actual positions. Danny B comes in too late - then dropped for no reason. It’s as bad as I have seen it in a very long time. 

Edited by Dean Coneys boots

Either I'm totally stupid and don't understand the game, or Wagner's changes are pretty much the opposite of what we actually need to do. I look at the Watford game and think:

• Onel is the weak link
  • Sara and McLean need to be higher up the pitch
  • We need better cover in central midfield. 

Wagner decides to:

• Play Hernandez and drop Fassnacht
  • Put McLean in defence and play Sara at 6
  • Play Gibbs as a striker!?

With a few tweaks, this could actually be an ok team, but these tactics are mental. 

• Like 1