lake district canary

Cantwell situation "brewing".....

......according to Scottish press (Daily Record).

Not playing no 10 under new manager Clement at Rangers, supposedly because he doesn't work hard enough off the ball, now out on wing and hooked after 35 minutes in the Europa game after gifting the first goal to the opposition.  Rangers manager explained he wasn't following instructions to stay wide.

Plainly unhappy at being subbed like that - manager also said in the same context it's up to players to show they want to be in the team in training. All sounds rather familiar. 

Cantwell needs a team built around him and a solid structure in place behind him to thrive. For underdog teams he's unfortunately a bit too much of a luxury.

He has to learn to graft.

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

......according to Scottish press (Daily Record).

Not playing no 10 under new manager Clement at Rangers, supposedly because he doesn't work hard enough off the ball, now out on wing and hooked after 35 minutes in the Europa game after gifting the first goal to the opposition.  Rangers manager explained he wasn't following instructions to stay wide.

Plainly unhappy at being subbed like that - manager also said in the same context it's up to players to show they want to be in the team in training. All sounds rather familiar. 

Indeed. Cantwell has serious ego problems. Would never be surprised to see him just drift out of the game which would be a great shame as he has undoubted talent.

8 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Cantwell needs a team built around him and a solid structure in place behind him to thrive. For underdog teams he's unfortunately a bit too much of a luxury.

He has to learn to graft.

He should be fine in the Scottish Premier League then as Rangers are only the underdog against one opponent per season. 

15 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

He should be fine in the Scottish Premier League then as Rangers are only the underdog against one opponent per season. 

And most of their European campaigns. 😉

12 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

He'll be at Kings Lynn within 3 or 4 years.

Honestly I don't think his ego would alow him to want to play in lower leauges. SPL being an exception as he get's to play for one of the top sides and one that get's Euro football of the course.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Honestly I don't think his ego would alow him to want to play in lower leauges. SPL being an exception as he get's to play for the top sides of the course.

His ego maybe won't. His bank account will force him to take whatever ££ he can get his hands on.

I don't wish any ill on him, but I do know his situation with us was at least in part self-made. A second high-profile case of him falling out of favour won't do his future prospects much good.

In his defence I understand he was being played as a winger in the game he got hooked, which he is not. But, if the manager is playing you there & asking you to keep wide to stretch the pitch, that's your job.

Edited by Mason 47

35 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

He'll be at Kings Lynn within 3 or 4 years.

No Dereham 

It is a shame, I really want him to succeed, I hated the way he was a Norwich, he made himself more important than the team.  It all started so well, I really hope he learns and doesn’t get into the same cycle as he did with us.

1 hour ago, Mason 47 said:

I don't wish any ill on him, but I do know his situation with us was at least in part self-made. A second high-profile case of him falling out of favour won't do his future prospects much good.

In his defence I understand he was being played as a winger in the game he got hooked, which he is not. But, if the manager is playing you there & asking you to keep wide to stretch the pitch, that's your job.

Exactly that's why Managers  like Players like Mclean / Sarge so much ,

Sarge stuck on wing after a good start gave 100 % even though he wanted to be playing in middle and pukki was out of form 

you can ask Kenny to play LB he will give 100 % play CDM gives 100 %  not his positions but will do it for the team 

might not be good enough might have a bad game etc but will give 100 %

Professional football is not park football if you are picked out of position you should not throw toys out of pram and not want to play etc or not do what manager wants 

Todd was kissing the badge of Rangers fans loved him but they will not put up with lack of being a professional 

Edited by norfolkngood
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Can't wait for him to vanish from the team admit him making strange and cryptic posts on social media and for him to then spend years going on about "You don't know what's really going on.."

Why would you want him to fail

On 02/12/2023 at 12:35, Danke bitte said:

In the post apocalyptic landscape only 3 things will exist: 

Cockroaches,

Rockabillies,

and threads on Todd Cantwell…

And a DFS sale

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Todd at it again, lovely goal and the fans singing his name

Dowell scored too, so at least we know we'd have given Motherwell a game a few years back 😉 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Dowell scored too, so at least we know we'd have given Motherwell a game a few years back 😉 

Indeed, but that wasn’t the point the op was trying to make

Still, at least if we have any other abject failures Rangers will be there to pick up the pieces… might even get a few bob!

14 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Still, at least if we have any other abject failures Rangers will be there to pick up the pieces… might even get a few bob!

Rocky still plays for Hibs even though they never wanted him.

I genuinely think the hatred for Cantwell on here is simply akin to playground bullying. People don't like him because he's a bit different, has long hair and posts on social media. Honestly, the nonsense about his attitude is just people looking for sticks to beat him with. 

The fact is that he's better than most of the attacking midfielders we currently have and it's a shame for us that (for whatever reason) his time here faded out rather than getting the most out of him. It's incredibly childish to follow his career hoping for him to be anything other than successful. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1