CANARYKING

Jack Reeve TNC video

My respect for him has gone up hugely after watching that video. I had always seen him as an opportunist whose opinions would go with the wind according to whether it benefited his channel, but I have to say it appears that I was wrong. He's put his channel on the line here because the spiteful Board are quite likely to ban any players from ever giving interviews with him from now on.

If they had any sense, the Board would instead recognise that TNC joining the 20% showed that the percentage of 'whingers' was much closer to 80, but they seem totally incapable of seeing outside of their bunker.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Like him or not this video needs to be seen, I hundred percent agree with every word

What video?

Utterly superb cast, can’t argue with anything he’s said, pretty much everything I feel!

31 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Go on YouTube type TNC should be there

Yeah I was being stupid. Forgot they had a YouTube channel. Cheers.

Not as harding hitting as it could have been had the other guy been there as well. A bit lacklustre and appears there's some apathy even with the TNC boys! However you can't disagree with any of that and his thoughts are being echoed absolutely everywhere at the moment.

It is incredible that she is so out of touch with how the fans are feeling

she must go and go this very evening 

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

My respect for him has gone up hugely after watching that video. I had always seen him as an opportunist whose opinions would go with the wind according to whether it benefited his channel, but I have to say it appears that I was wrong. He's put his channel on the line here because the spiteful Board are quite likely to ban any players from ever giving interviews with him from now on.

If they had any sense, the Board would instead recognise that TNC joining the 20% showed that the percentage of 'whingers' was much closer to 80, but they seem totally incapable of seeing outside of their bunker.

I see there's some new phrases being worked into the narrative...

'Spiteful Board' 🤣

1 minute ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I see there's some new phrases being worked into the narrative...

'Spiteful Board' 🤣

Hopefully less spiteful now that you know who has left but if the cap fits. 

15 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Like him or not this video needs to be seen, I hundred percent agree with every word

Yes, but he says NOTHING specific in terms of what to build in place of what he wants to see dismantled. Governance? A fine word. Accountability? Equally fine, but if someone is funding the club, who should they be accountable to? The fans? Sorry, unworkable. Sack Wagner? Yes, but then what?

He puts pressure on Knapper, and implies that he should have done more already. Take a breath, Jack, he's just arrived.

It's all well and good to have the power of a YouTube following without any accountability, but with it should come some sense of responsibility.

Too click-driven for my liking. No constructive thoughts and rather beholden to his audience, while consciously keeping in with Attenacio, while appealing to the zeitgeist.

I never mind swimming against the tide, btw!

Edited by Pugin
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pugin said:

It's all well and good to have the power of a YouTube following without any accountability, but with it should come some sense of responsibility

100% this

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

He’s ridiculous. There’s massive change happening at our club. He recognises none of it. 

The big change that needs to happen has (for some reason none of us can fathom) a 3 year wait. I agree Jack is probably being unfair on Knapper and that’s born from a belief that Wagner cannot turn this around and therefore should be gone already, however he’s far from alone in that assessment. The Pinkun, Along Come Norwich and On the Ball podcasts are all Wagner-out.

Knapper coming in is a change but until he DOES something you can’t say change is happening, it’s just a new man in the chair (albeit one without a history of antagonising the fanbase).

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

He’s ridiculous. There’s massive change happening at our club. He recognises none of it. 

And you never recognise the merits of any club criticism. You’re like a club alias on here. It’s blatant 

13 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

We have changed one Michael for another in the boardroom and we have a new sporting director which looks like it caused emotional turmoil for Delia so what else is happening that warrants the expression ' massive change ' ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

We have changed one Michael for another in the boardroom and we have a new sporting director which looks like it caused emotional turmoil for Delia so what else is happening that warrants the expression ' massive change ' ?

The Annatasio involvement is a 'massive' change after 28 years, but I don't think Reeve was referring to that.

11 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

The Annatasio involvement is a 'massive' change after 28 years, but I don't think Reeve was referring to that.

In the context of NCFC perhaps but even that is moving at snails pace. MA turns up twice a year and still doesn't seem to grasp we have promotion and relegation and in football we change Coaches/Managers a lot; well that's how it works sunshine! 

The club is sleep walking again, probably to League on our current trajectory. MA needs to be more involved and faster and that can't happen with Smith & Jones hanging on for grim death.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

In the context of NCFC perhaps but even that is moving at snails pace. MA turns up twice a year and still doesn't seem to grasp we have promotion and relegation and in football we change Coaches/Managers a lot; well that's how it works sunshine! 

The club is sleep walking again, probably to League on our current trajectory. MA needs to be more involved and faster and that can't happen with Smith & Jones hanging on for grim death.

Need Wagner out now. Need a talented up and coming coach in, some clever low cost and loan working in January, and things could start suddenly looking more promising re second half of the season and next. Another draw or win tomorrow likely just prolongs this malaise though. 

The one point is that that you can level at the club is the change from Webber to Knapper took too long. 

17 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Need Wagner out now. Need a talented up and coming coach in, some clever low cost and loan working in January, and things could start suddenly looking more promising re second half of the season and next. Another draw or win tomorrow likely just prolongs this malaise though. 

Absolutely. More importantly if funds are to be made for strengthening the squad in January, then that process has to involve the new coach imo.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pugin said:

Yes, but he says NOTHING specific in terms of what to build in place of what he wants to see dismantled. Governance? A fine word. Accountability? Equally fine, but if someone is funding the club, who should they be accountable to? The fans? Sorry, unworkable. Sack Wagner? Yes, but then what?

He puts pressure on Knapper, and implies that he should have done more already. Take a breath, Jack, he's just arrived.

It's all well and good to have the power of a YouTube following without any accountability, but with it should come some sense of responsibility.

Too click-driven for my liking. No constructive thoughts and rather beholden to his audience, while consciously keeping in with Attenacio, while appealing to the zeitgeist.

I never mind swimming against the tide, btw!

It's very much a 'young person' idea that it's easy to immediately fix everything that's wrong by making the necessary changes. As we get older we tend to understand (believe) that things are more complicated and want to retain more continuity. Of course either extreme would be wrong but, often, it's only with hindsight that we can tell. 

Webber brought radical change. It took time to work and required a period of continuity even when it wasn't bringing results. But then he brought more change which broke everything good he had done (on the playing side at least). 

It's easy to see how Delia is convinced that we're currently in exactly the same position we were in Farke's first season. We have a similar seeming squad of randoms and rejects and are taking the time required to build an identity. It's crazy to say it but she could actually be right; imagine if Wagner tweaks his midfield system and plugs the holes so we stop conceding, we're scoring goals so we might start winning regularly... 

But there's, ultimately, a lack of acknowledgement of just how much of a mess Webber's last two and a half years have been. The complication is that, despite the recent past, there's no objective solution to our current plight. Sacking Wagner doesn't undo the last five transfer windows and his replacement might be worse not better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Petriix said:

It's very much a 'young person' idea that it's easy to immediately fix everything that's wrong by making the necessary changes. As we get older we tend to understand (believe) that things are more complicated and want to retain more continuity. Of course either extreme would be wrong but, often, it's only with hindsight that we can tell. 

Webber brought radical change. It took time to work and required a period of continuity even when it wasn't bringing results. But then he brought more change which broke everything good he had done (on the playing side at least). 

It's easy to see how Delia is convinced that we're currently in exactly the same position we were in Farke's first season. We have a similar seeming squad of randoms and rejects and are taking the time required to build an identity. It's crazy to say it but she could actually be right; imagine if Wagner tweaks his midfield system and plugs the holes so we stop conceding, we're scoring goals so we might start winning regularly... 

But there's, ultimately, a lack of acknowledgement of just how much of a mess Webber's last two and a half years have been. The complication is that, despite the recent past, there's no objective solution to our current plight. Sacking Wagner doesn't undo the last five transfer windows and his replacement might be worse not better.

Oh come on man, it’s obvious by now that Wagner would only ever deliver one way out of this league. And it isn’t up. 

I don't believe the board of directors or Knapper really believe Wagner is the future of this club. I think they're probably just waiting for Knapper to finalize his plans before acting. 

Both Delia and Attanasio spoke about the ideal of having a long term manager, that's not really something you can expect if the club in chaotic/in flux behind the scenes. 

• Like 1

Just now, S_81 said:

Oh come on man, it’s obvious by now that Wagner would only ever deliver one way out of this league. And it isn’t up. 

I've seen enough glimpses of his system clicking to believe that, with the right tweaks, it could work. Tweaks to both the squad and tactics. Surely Knapper will be instigating some changes which we will need to allow time to unfold before we can judge.

I really don't think there's much to be gained by acting now over waiting until Christmas. This season is a write off whatever happens. 

• Haha 1

I liked TNC to start off with but they do my box in now. Chris has always been a cringeworthy, never-kicked-a-ball-in-his-life, smiling, buffoon of a fan but Jack was a little more reasoned. Jack has now started talking like he's the official voice of the fans, and he isn't. Putting something out there straight after the AGM like it's the fans official response - couldn't you have addressed it in the next podcast? Do one mate. You didn't speak for me when you stupidly helped hound Farke out of the club and you don't now. You're a glorified Big Keith Scott with a YouTube channel.