Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Just over two weeks until we play the binners

Plenty in here said their bubble would have burst by now and that we wouldn’t lose to them.

lets hope that is the case but it surely doesn’t look like it

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Going to be an easy win for us right? ... Right?

Easy, yes. Just not for us though. 😢

Edited by Satriales

Pressure is off for City, it’s all on Ipswich to change the narrative after not winning for 10 years 

Jeer all you want ‘Cambridgeshire Canary’ and I’m sure this post will be rehashed several times before the match itself but the pressure really is on Ipswich 

We have 7 games in December including the game against the binners and the way we are playing its going to be poor, where you used to look at a fixture list and think "yeh we will win there and there and get a point against them" now its like "how many are they going to score and loss, loss, loss" so much change has to happen for us to even compete.

7 minutes ago, tricky974 said:

We have 7 games in December including the game against the binners and the way we are playing its going to be poor, where you used to look at a fixture list and think "yeh we will win there and there and get a point against them" now its like "how many are they going to score and loss, loss, loss" so much change has to happen for us to even compete.

Out of those 7 we shout win at least two, That’ll keep us around 14th hopefully. 
A derby game is an oddball, regardless of form, it will depend on a lot of things on the day! I believe it could be a one off game which we can win, that said how many or our players actually want to fight for the club they have little affection for given the performances this far!

I fear the cyclic nature of football means we are in for another extended period of Scum superiority over us. You really have to have a huge pair of Canary coloured glasses to see anything other than a thorough thrashing for us at the Portaloo. 😩😩😩😩

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

We're all supporters of the 'Wall tonight! 

Doubt it. I suspect there'll be a binfestation later if they win

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

We're all supporters of the 'Wall tonight! 

I expect there will be a  reaction after their loss.

I think a big Ipswich win. Just to rub more salt in the wound. Still, at least we’ve had one day this season to gloat.

7 hours ago, damn that Ralph Coates! said:

I'm waiting for the "IF WE WIN AT iPSWICH  WE WILL BE RELEGATED" post..............

Think I'd take winning at Ipswich and being relegated right now 

Honestly, I do feel that derby day often becomes a form transcending experience. But Jesus, this really could be horrible horrible day for us.

It's disgusting to see them play such well gelled attractive football when we're watching this turgid cr@p and hanging onto Webber just to allow us to wait for close season to make a more suitable appointment.

Part of me is thinking about not even watching the game for the first time.

1 hour ago, glory.win or die. said:

Think I'd take winning at Ipswich and being relegated right now 

Unbelievable this obsession with Ipswich they’ve built a successful squad and are where they are on merit

I’d take losing to Ipswich twice to see us back in The Premiership 

I 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NFN FC said:

New manager bounce?

Old manager bounced out, after humiliation 

Bunch of fannies. We’ve been worse than this and gone there and won. Can’t believe how much of a bunch of crying melts we’ve become.

Used to be a time going there would get the fans fired up who in turn would push on the players; the way socials and this board read now, we’re more likely to applaud them, take photos of their magnificent stadium and cry a bit about corporate governance.

In the politest possible way.. **** IPSWICH. Let’s go and have a go, stick it to them, sod all the bleating about who you want in this job or that job or growing veg or the ****ing soccerbot. We turned them over when they were better than us pretty often, Bellamy’s header, Iwan Bergkamp’s brace…

Find your balls. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Bunch of fannies. We’ve been worse than this and gone there and won. Can’t believe how much of a bunch of crying melts we’ve become.

Used to be a time going there would get the fans fired up who in turn would push on the players; the way socials and this board read now, we’re more likely to applaud them, take photos of their magnificent stadium and cry a bit about corporate governance.

In the politest possible way.. **** IPSWICH. Let’s go and have a go, stick it to them, sod all the bleating about who you want in this job or that job or growing veg or the ****ing soccerbot. We turned them over when they were better than us pretty often, Bellamy’s header, Iwan Bergkamp’s brace…

Find your balls. 

Hear Hear but we will still get a thumping (tongue in cheek) 😂😂

If Ippo finally beat us then one thing is guaranteed the Ippo fans that lurk on here and lurk in the shadows in real life (If you live close to the Suffolk border like I do you will know what I mean) will make themselves known, hell that bloke that owes Nutty money might even finally pay up.............

7 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

If Ippo finally beat us then one thing is guaranteed the Ippo fans that lurk on here and lurk in the shadows in real life (If you live close to the Suffolk border like I do you will know what I mean) will make themselves known, hell that bloke that owes Nutty money might even finally pay up.............

We seem to have our own scum inbreds. Practically having a matchday thread everytime they play. We'll be getting team news and injury updates next.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

We seem to have our own scum inbreds. Practically having a matchday thread everytime they play. We'll be getting team news and injury updates next.

I never respond to those threads as I think they are bait/wind ups, no self respecting Norwich fan would ever giver a fig about what Ippo are doing unless we were playing them at the time. I worked in Lowestoft for 13 years and the only time Ippo fans at work wanted to talk to me about footy was after they beat us (I think it only happened once), I can honestly say I never once raised the subject when we beat them several times, unless they were daft enough to take the Mickey out of my being a "Budgie".............

17 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Find your balls. 

Firstly, top poster. You write, I usually take the time to read. 

Anyway, the problem with your 'rallying cry' is that it's lost on this current group of players and management. There's no fight at the club, the malaise and air of defeat is tangible at every single facet. 

The Iwan brace you reference, has to be one of the all time EA derby shocks. It was beautiful! Sure we were a poor side, yet players like  Daryl Sutch, Matt Jackson, Craig Fleming, Lee Marshall and Iwan himself were leaders and fighters. They got what it meant to supporters, wore their heart on their sleeve, and we're able to cause an upset through belief and mental strength. 

Tell me, who in this current side is going to run through walls at Portman Road in 2 weeks? Barnes, probably. Batth, maybe? Apart form that, the team's mental strength is broken. There's no way this current team can be made to be more motivated than Ipswich will be. That's not being unable to 'find my balls', it's just being realistic. This team and manager just can't inspire anything, let alone a fanbase to become excited and hopeful of good things to come. 

It's just awful at the minute. The only chance at this point IMO, is 'new manager bounce.' 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

31 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Firstly, top poster. You write, I usually take the time to read. 

Anyway, the problem with your 'rallying cry' is that it's lost on this current group of players and management. There's no fight at the club, the malaise and air of defeat is tangible at every single facet. 

The Iwan brace you reference, has to be one of the all time EA derby shocks. It was beautiful! Sure we were a poor side, yet players like  Daryl Sutch, Matt Jackson, Craig Fleming, Lee Marshall and Iwan himself were leaders and fighters. They got what it meant to supporters, wore their heart on their sleeve, and we're able to cause an upset through belief and mental strength. 

Tell me, who in this current side is going to run through walls at Portman Road in 2 weeks? Barnes, probably. Batth, maybe? Apart form that, the team's mental strength is broken. There's no way this current team can be made to be more motivated than Ipswich will be. That's not being unable to 'find my balls', it's just being realistic. This team and manager just can't inspire anything, let alone a fanbase to become excited and hopeful of good things to come. 

It's just awful at the minute. The only chance at this point IMO, is 'new manager bounce.' 

You may well turn out to be right, of course. I don’t know what the prospects of some others being back by then are, Gunn and Hanley maybe? Kenny will put a shift in I guess.

We may well get beat but I’ll adamantly refuse to have it until it happens and that’s how I’ve always been when it comes to that lot. I do get what you’re saying about mentality but all we can do is try to get ours in a place where we do our collective best to try and drag them up (that’s a very royal we as I’m not going) but that’s what I’m getting at. I appreciate it’s a two way street but, as fans, we can only look after our side of the road and hope it inspires those on the other. 

1 minute ago, Duncan Edwards said:

You may well turn out to be right, of course. I don’t know what the prospects of some others being back by then are, Gunn and Hanley maybe? Kenny will put a shift in I guess.

We may well get beat but I’ll adamantly refuse to have it until it happens and that’s how I’ve always been when it comes to that lot. I do get what you’re saying about mentality but all we can do is try to get ours in a place where we do our collective best to try and drag them up (that’s a very royal we as I’m not going) but that’s what I’m getting at. I appreciate it’s a two way street but, as fans, we can only look after our side of the road and hope it inspires those on the other. 

Go for it Dunc and lead by example . I’m sure we’ll trade at 3/1 or more so fill those pockets for Christmas.