cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Hornets V Canaries*

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

Awful, for sure. But never heard him say he only needed to do his job at 90% in a national newspaper, or that complaining fans were divorcees. 

Webber was definitely very unlikeable but I could have happily headbutted Roeder. He was the worst ever... Delia's darkest moment hiring him.

15 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

He's been dog**** for a while. Leeds signed a decent fullback for free on a less than a third what we're paying Stacey....

Started well but been awful for a while now, genuinely couldn't believe it when he got sponsor's MOTM on Saturday,  just shows sponsors generally have got no idea about football 

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Needed that half time whistle, need to regroup now and get back to doing what we were in the first 20 minutes

Watfords compliance was a key factor.

They’ve woken up now, and I can’t see anything other than a comfortable win for then. I’d take the draw 100%.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

2 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Yep,be good to have 11 players on the pitch!!!!!!🙈...........just what does Hernandez give us!!!!

I saw the first 38 min, the had to run some errands  - I was wondering what Idah had done.  I don’t recall him making any impact at all (clearly he may have played a blinder for the last 10mins). We do seem to be carrying several a little bit. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

But bought us Hoolahan and was allegedly great mates with Gazza, so must have had something about him.

Webber bought us Pukki, Buendia, Farke etc. Anyway, I'm not talking about their performance - Roeder was the most I've ever hated someone at my club. Literally despised him. 

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Thank God Watford started slowly.

Did they even start that slowly though?

We scored with our first 2 shots but I wouldn't say we were even on top during that time.

Has fassnacht been told not to defend or something? Unreal how we are 2-0 up and the wingers are sauntering around letting Watford have the ball with ease.

Sara is still playing in the wrong position. He shouldn't be anywhere near our penalty area. He's the only player who has vision to hurt the opposition. Take off Hernadez and bring on gibbs to play alongside Mclean. Barnes off for M Callum. 

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Dare I say Barnes isn't looking particularly fit. Big call from Wagner to bring him on.

at 2 nil up

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Exactly. Just confirmation bias.

Not looking for a scapegoat. The deflection was minimal. The ball still got to its intended target

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

And the comment about Roeder is pure recency bias (recent events loom larger in the mind than older ones). We should play bias bingo.

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

No ban for 28 days but a ‘Naughty boy and this will never be removed warning from Uncle Connor’ the other half laughed though and said it’s long deserved. 

He's got some picked last in PE vibes for sure.

We need to be a bit more positive. If we sit back 2nd half there will only be one winner.

I wonder if bringing Barnes on has played into Watford's hands. We lack pace and zip and are being over-run in midfield.

4 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Webber bought us Pukki, Buendia, Farke etc. Anyway, I'm not talking about their performance - Roeder was the most I've ever hated someone at my club. Literally despised him. 

Roeder had a brain condition to explain his PR awkwardness. Despite some of his oft quoted remarks i understand he wasn’t a bad bloke. 

Edited by Jim Smith
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, repman said:

Hernandez and Fassnacht both dreadful again.

Whole midfield are a shambles (again). Sara is so poor when out of possession. At least Hwang is starting to show some ability... Oh, now he's injured. Lol. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Webber still worse for me. He's a total ****.

• Haha 1

For 20 minutes we were really good, then for some reason we stopped playing. Sara should have closed down Kone and Long should have saved his shot. For the second both Long and Baath were taken out by a defection, but both were already in the wrong place for the cross. Personally I'd have brought Nunez on for Hwang, not Barnes.

So much ball watching, not enough marking and pressing. Fassnacht and Hernandez both invisible and both need to be substituted - get Gibbs and Sainz on. 

Watford were equally rubbish though. They also have a useless manager with no idea, no plan of how to play and no organisation.

5 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

No blame for the goalkeeper on the 2nd, but the defending was abysmal. Let Lewis come in from the touchline to the penalty area without a challenge and then Stacey turned his back on the cross. 

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

I'd have saved that first goal. Dreadful goalkeeping.

Four absolutely abysmal goals defensively 

Just now, Dean Coneys boots said:

We stopped playing once they scored, gave up pressing, passing and tackling. Never known a Norwich team who melt so easily  

We weren’t playing before. Two goals out of nothing really although admittedly our good pressing led to them. We were pressing. We weren’t playing. We can’t “play” with this line up and tactics.

• Like 2