Bradwell canary

Arsenal loans possible?

With his knowledge and connections at Arsenal, one would think a couple of decent loan players from the Gunners may be possible 

For me that could make a great start for our bed SD.

Good job Marquinhos is already loaned out.

One of the lads in my boys football team has an Arsenal mad Dad. He was raving about Charles Sagoe Jr being the next big thing, a lightning fast winger. I've just Googled him and it looks like he's on the periphery of the first team so might not be feasible, though you can't see him regularly getting past Saka, Martinelli, Smith Rowe, Trossard, etc, so maybe a loan might not be out of the equation.

Can think of a few off the top of my head:

Declan Rice

Bukayo Saka

William Saliba

That's just for starters 😁

Also, Ramsdale isn't getting a game, worth a punt 🤣

Didn't we think that we would benefit a lot from a Liverpool connection, Wagner being Klopp's close mate (and best man at his wedding etc.?)

Nothing much came of that. Perhaps a Director of Football might carry more weight in this respect, but I can't think why.

Perhaps being in-the-know rather than just friendship will be more useful.

38 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Can think of a few off the top of my head:

Declan Rice

Bukayo Saka

William Saliba

That's just for starters 😁

Also, Ramsdale isn't getting a game, worth a punt 🤣

You see Ramsdales interview with Ian Wright?

Going on how hes easily distracted during matches and tries talking to fans and how boring it is being a goalkeeper..  And then he wonders why he's been dropped?

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

Good job Marquinhos is already loaned out.

One of the lads in my boys football team has an Arsenal mad Dad. He was raving about Charles Sagoe Jr being the next big thing, a lightning fast winger. I've just Googled him and it looks like he's on the periphery of the first team so might not be feasible, though you can't see him regularly getting past Saka, Martinelli, Smith Rowe, Trossard, etc, so maybe a loan might not be out of the equation.

Don't want to scare you unnecessarily but I believe he's due to be called back in January, having not had game time at Nantes and with other clubs potentially interested in getting him. That was spoken about around the time of Knapper (loan manager) being announced as our SD.

So uh..panic.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, treacletown07 said:

Any decent Arsenal prospects will surely go to the Ipswich massive ??

Arsenal aren’t going to loan players to a rival though, are they? And pretty soon Ipswich will be loaning players to Arsenal.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You see Ramsdales interview with Ian Wright?

Going on how hes easily distracted during matches and tries talking to fans and how boring it is being a goalkeeper..  And then he wonders why he's been dropped?

He'd hardly be bored here, plenty of work to be done between the sticks with Messrs Duffy and Gibson in front of him 🤣

• Haha 2

I think the question for me is, why do we need any loan players this season? I don't think we will be down the bottom but I don't see us mounting a playoff charge either. If that's the case I'd rather we focus on getting a better look at our own players instead of adding to the squad needlessly.

• Like 3

We need to start thinking about how we reduce the average age of our permanent squad particularly at CB where Hanley, Duffy, Gibson and Batth look positively ancient. Loans are not the answer really.

8 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

We need to start thinking about how we reduce the average age of our permanent squad particularly at CB where Hanley, Duffy, Gibson and Batth look positively ancient. Loans are not the answer really.

I am content to rely upon these ancient warriors whilst we currently fight our way up the Chumps, but an infusion of youth will be needed should we attain higher.

Warner is a start, pity we had to sell Omo, so i't up to Knapper and the scouts to get to work.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

I am content to rely upon these ancient warriors whilst we currently fight our way up the Chumps, but an infusion of youth will be needed should we attain higher.

Warner is a start, pity we had to sell Omo, so i't up to Knapper and the scouts to get to work.

They think highly of Hills too, don't they? Our current CBs seem like stop-gaps till the yoof are ready, to me.

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Realistically I'm not expecting much to happen January (this season). Warner needs to be carefully managed as he looked well out of his depth at times against Cardiff. Selling Omo was incredibly short sighted in my view and getting a replacement of good age, with pace, excellent distribution skills isn't going to be cheap, and we need more than one!

I would imagine we might have a shout at getting Andrew O back given he has not played a single minute or even appeared on the bench yet for Forest. Is he injured? Seems like a conspiracy theory waiting to happen!

Edited by Ulfotto

We would've been in contact with him quite a bit during Marquinhos loan here i guess?  It's probably from that previous experience that has lead him to being at the club today. 

Just imagine this, if we never loaned Marquinhos we may be bringing someone completely different in to run the sporting aspects of the club.  Surely not, eh?! :classic_laugh:

And yes, I think Arsenal loan is 100% on the cards, gotta be.

Never mind loans, I cannot think of many players we have signed from Arsenal. Spurs, loads and quite a few good uns from WHU, but not the Arz

Looking at their 25 players, I can't see any coming to us. Maybe Nelson who is well into his twenties now and not really part of future it would seem. Partey would be a good shout though as a CDM.

54 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Never mind loans, I cannot think of many players we have signed from Arsenal. Spurs, loads and quite a few good uns from WHU, but not the Arz

Devine, Linighan and Rocastle back in the day? 

Ethan Nwaneri next season? Still only 16 but looks generational. Ruell Walters, Charlie Patino, Myles Lewis Skelly all look worthwhile punts over the next few years as well as Sagoe.