Sign in to follow this  
The Dog

There is only one way this plays out by the sound of it

If the comments attributed to Neil Adams tonight are indeed correct and represent the stance being taken by the powers that be at our club then there seems only one way this all plays out which is humiliation at Portman Road.
It is going to be horrendous to stomach getting absolutely thumped by that lot from Suffolk but I think then and only then will the fans switch from the current apathy to anger towards the board. 

Edited by The Dog

I think far too much is being taken on face value. He didn’t look particularly comfortable when answering and also didn’t specifically state that Wagner is safe. In fact he actively had an opportunity to answer if he’d be in the charge for QPR and didn’t allude to that part of the question in the answer. 

He’s hardly going to come out and say he’s getting the sack is he?

20 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If anything im expecting a bore draw

At the moment I'd take that in a heartbeat to maintain the unbeaten derby record

• Like 4

If results go against us before we even play the scum and Wagner is still here followed up by defeat at Portman Rd I would suggest Knapper's honeymoon period will be well and truly over.

Personally I'm finding the petrified focus on Ipswich very strange. With the club in the situation it's in, that lot are the last thing on my mind 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

If we lose, the record is set, the longest unbeaten run in our derby history. It will not be beaten, certainly not in my lifetime. 

They will, of course jump, immediately, to achievements in the last Century, so long ago that most of their fans weren't there or were too young to remember. 

...... if we don't lose, the run continues......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

If the comments attributed to Neil Adams tonight are indeed correct and represent the stance being taken by the powers that be at our club then there seems only one way this all plays out which is humiliation at Portman Road.
It is going to be horrendous to stomach getting absolutely thumped by that lot from Suffolk but I think then and only then will the fans switch from the current apathy to anger towards the board. 

I'm appalled by the cowardice that some of our fans are showing! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Personally I'm finding the petrified focus on Ipswich very strange. With the club in the situation it's in, that lot are the last thing on my mind 

This entirely.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

The guy has been in post for less than one day. I doubt even Knapper knows how it's going to play out. Fans need to be patient.

you're not from round here are you?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

you're not from round here are you?

Either are you you fen@@@ @@@@@@@

Tim pot owners. From the moment they made that phone call it was clear what was happening. I also see the tenure of Wagner ending in disaster at Portaloo. 

1 hour ago, S_81 said:

Tim pot owners. From the moment they made that phone call it was clear what was happening. I also see the tenure of Wagner ending in disaster at Portaloo. 

Most fans are expecting us to lose there. That wouldn't change even if a new manager is appointed today. If we did lose would you want the new manager sacked too? 

10 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Most fans are expecting us to lose there. That wouldn't change even if a new manager is appointed today. If we did lose would you want the new manager sacked too? 

No. But there’s a difference between being competitive and giving your all yet losing, and the recent abject performances we’ve seen from the team under Wagner. If the latter takes us to Portman Road then I can see us losing by three clear goals and it being a genuine humiliation - which is very different to the former. 

Surely there was a big opportunity missed tonight, one that is used for hilarity on here, but given current circumstances was perfectly valid to ask of the Technical Director last night.

"Wassgornorn in traynun Neeyal?"

13 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Sloblocks, were going to go there on the back of a 6 game winning streak, beat them handily and start their fall back to mediocrity, which we will complete by beating them in the playoffs (not even the final) and next season they will be scratching around the bottom half again having lost golden boy McKenna to Fulham...

Seems Wagner may have convinced the powers that be with the 'injury crisis' sob sorry.....for now.

To be fair however, if Knapper walked into thd physio room on his first day and saw a row of treatment tables on top if which were Gunn Hanley Gibson Forshaw Barnes and Sargent, then he would think Wagner would have a point

Thats basically the whole spine of the team, when fit

• Thanks 1

I’d have bumped him off before the weekend but it leaves a sour taste to sack a manager after winning… it’s not like there’s someone out there we are desperate for. I’d be setting him a big target to turn it around and if it’s not sorted by Christmas then bye bye.

What happens now if he suddenly inspires a few back to back wins? We don’t have much of an issue stringing goals together so if we suddenly stumble across a way to keep them out then it’s plausible.

4 hours ago, S_81 said:

Harsh on Attanassio, and even harsher to assume that Knapper is so weak that one of his main jobs (deciding the manager) has already been taken out of his hands and he's willing to risk his entire career as an SD on it.

Some people really don't think before they post such utter tripe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Seems Wagner may have convinced the powers that be with the 'injury crisis' sob sorry.....for now.

To be fair however, if Knapper walked into thd physio room on his first day and saw a row of treatment tables on top if which were Gunn Hanley Gibson Forshaw Barnes and Sargent, then he would think Wagner would have a point

It is and he’s had bad luck with injuries for sure, but it does not address the fundamental issue with how he sets up the side which means any team with players who like to counter and who have attacking players who drop deep and run at you will cause us major issues. 

59 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

But Forshaw has started hw many games? In his limited game time he has looked far from competent let alone impressive. If he is an essential part of the 'spine' of the team then God help us going forward.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, S_81 said:

Who is Tim Pot and what role does he play? Perhaps an obscure foreign coach we are going to reveal after Wagner is sacked?

1 minute ago, yellowrider120 said:

But Forshaw has started hw many games? In his limited game time he has looked far from competent let alone impressive. If he is an essential part of the 'spine' of the team then God help us going forward.

So out of the list of six names, you leap on the one that is bottom. It’s a very valid point even if you ignore Forshaw, that’s very nearly half the first team.

Injuries are not a valid excuse really. It's the lack of depth and quality in midfield. No manager will get a tune out of that lot.

14 hours ago, The Dog said:

You do realise it’s a local Derby!   They are never predictable.    Right so here’s a question for you and I’d be intrigued to hear thoughts…..

Right now, given our clubs recent recruitment of players and managers (and since Ben Knapper has, to my knowledge, never had to appoint a manager before) who at Norwich City would you trust right now to appoint Wagners replacement.   

Think about that.    We’d be better holding fire until Ben Knapper can settle in, find his feet, sort out a philosophy… then appoint someone.    At the moment, they wouldn’t have they faintest idea who or why to bring in.

If he goes, better off appointing Neil Adams on an interim basis.