Sign in to follow this  
Grando

Lampard

Maybe it's not such a bad idea, maybe this is his level. He done ok at Derby while there, has decent connections (they had mount on loan etc) 

Just because he's not up to managing in the PL and failed at Chelsea and everton (both massive jobs compared to us) doesn't mean he can't do a job in the champs, maybe it's the fresh start he needs as much as the type person we need, someone who's played at the top of the game and expects more from his players and who theoretically should command respect of the players just by name alone. 

Who knows 🤷 if he comes in we have to back him until he gives us a reason not to. It could go horribly wrong or it could be great business. 

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Maybe it's not such a bad idea, maybe this is his level. He done ok at Derby while there, has decent connections (they had mount on loan etc) 

Just because he's not up to managing in the PL and failed at Chelsea and everton (both massive jobs compared to us) doesn't mean he can't do a job in the champs, maybe it's the fresh start he needs as much as the type person we need, someone who's played at the top of the game and expects more from his players and who theoretically should command respect of the players just by name alone. 

Who knows 🤷 if he comes in we have to back him until he gives us a reason not to. It could go horribly wrong or it could be great business. 

He had huge funding at Derby though. The bar bill for the Christmas party for one.

IMG_0070.jpeg

• Haha 2

I'd rather try and roger my **** chute with a snooker cue than see Lampard as our head honcho.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peregrine Shorts said:

i assume you're not a fan of Frank?

I think he's a poor manager. People are forgetting how much support he had at Derby and his team were completely outdone by Farke and his merry misfits during that season.

• Like 3

I could actually see this happening this time round.  But it would of course be a disaster if it did. He’s a really poor manager. As indeed is Wagner 

35 minutes ago, Grando said:

According to the EDP Lampard is our man if we get rid of Wagner. 

Words fail me.

Hopefully it is just press talk. Remember in a previous era when all sorts of people were put forward and we ended up with Alex Neil who had never been mentioned. 
Lampard would be a disaster for us.

34 minutes ago, Peregrine Shorts said:

i assume you're not a fan of Frank?

You got that from that? I thought it was ambiguous at best. 

• Haha 4

Decent player just not suited to management and has already failed at several clubs.

I'd like to see a young 'off the radar' type coach who's given time to build a team around the players coming through and the more experienced such as Sargent and Sara.

41 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I think he's a poor manager. People are forgetting how much support he had at Derby and his team were completely outdone by Farke and his merry misfits during that season.

Derby finished in same position with him as before he joined, even with all the support he had. If you want us to finish 17th fair enough, but IMO Lampard can do one!

This is surely just betting companies trying to make a few quid. He's a big name so will attract attention and a few bets. I can't see him ever coming here. 

Just to make sure tho how about 90 minutes of chanting 'Frank Lampard what a ******* on Saturday!?

I said at the time Dean Smith was appointed that the only good thing about him was that he wasn't Frank Lampard. I still believe that; he would have been worse than Dean Smith.

I hope this is just lazy content creators coming up with filler. It would be an awful appointment.

HIs Derby achievements are heralded as a great success, but with the players he had 6th was arguably an underachievement. Harry Wilson, Mason Mount, Tom Huddlestone, Fikayo Tomori, ridiculous talent for the Championship and a better squad than the previous season for sure, yet he was only able to repeat a 6th placed finish.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

There's is absolutely no chance of it being Frank Lampard. 

Quite £20 to the PUPs if it's Lampard.

The source of the article that the PinkUn are simply regurgitating is TeamTalk.

So no, it's not true.

7 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

Not a chance of that happening.

It'll be Michael Beale.

Not a bad shout. Just checked his stats and he has a win % of over 61.54 total from his time at QPR and Rangers.

2 hours ago, stratton canary said:

Ha ha, just glad Rooney has found a perch! 

Just imagine all the pundits jizzing over Wayne Rooney's Birmingham City (WRBC) v Frank Lampard's Norwich City (FLNC)

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Not a fan of him at all but you are factually incorrect. Derby took 4 points from us in the 18/19 season so were not 'completely outdone'!!

55 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

Not a chance of that happening.

It'll be Michael Beale.

Can I be the first to say rather have Ian Beale.

• Haha 1