Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

There is a message to the club on this forum

Obviously Wagner will leave sometime soon. But the issues run far deeper than that - this has been clear for a long time. 

I've just sent this to the club... I don't expect to be listened to, but I wanted to at least say my piece:

To whom is may concern, 

I wish to inquire about my canceling my season ticket.

In my opinion, the leadership of the club is demonstrating a dereliction of duty, and has done for a number of years.

The attitude of ignorance and spite shown towards fans by the outgoing sporting director, and the unwavering support that he has been given despite this, demonstrates perfectly how out of touch and arrogant the organisation has become.

As a supporter of the club since a ten year old, it pains me to say this, but the club no longer represents what I hold important. The club lacks accountability from the top down, and has become an echo chamber of sycophants. The acceptance of failure is embarrassing, but will continue under this ownership.

Those owners treat the club and it's executives like spoiled grandchildren. Until they are replaced with leaders who measure people on the merits of their achievements, rather than their own hype, the club will languish where that outlook belongs.

Regards

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pudd said:

Obviously Wagner will leave sometime soon. But the issues run far deeper than that - this has been clear for a long time. 

I've just sent this to the club... I don't expect to be listened to, but I wanted to at least say my piece:

The club is very amateur. It feels like the club is run from the cook's kitchen with friends and family gathered all around. There are no independent, dissenting voices. You can have an opinion as long as it's Delia's.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Surely Attanasio must be thinking of walking away if he's going to be encumbered by these old duffers till 2026.

Do people who know much more about this than I think there's a realistic chance of that happening, given what he's put in so far? Isn't it more likely that he quietly watches further decline and devaluation and then hopes to complete the full takeover with a smaller, less risky investment, in the hope of building it back up again?

• Like 1

A start might be to appoint a CEO, someone who actually runs things and makes these sorts of decisions. I was a supporter of DS and MWJ for a long time but it is clear they tolerate under performance and lack business sense. I have lost interest in this bunch really, its painful and actually quite embarrassing. 

I've noted the time & date of the moment when we all agreed with Lakey.

Perhaps we should commission a commemorative plaque?

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

The club is very amateur. It feels like the club is run from the cook's kitchen with friends and family gathered all around. There are no independent, dissenting voices. You can have an opinion as long as it's Delia's.

Thankfully people are waking up at long last. There’s still people on here who will never change their minds but it’s a minority.

2 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Personally I think a Statue, maybe two , one of   Dorrans on the left  and another of David De Gea but with Declan Rudds name on it...... they would be a fine  testament to Lakeyos contributions to the  Message Board.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jimmy Bone - Superstar said:

I've followed and supported this club for well over 50 years - since the Ron Saunders era - most of these years as a season ticket holder.

I really don't know what to say or expect anymore, it's like the apathy has set in and everyone doesn't expect things to change (for the better) anymore.

It's really sad, I left the game yesterday thinking that I can't renew my season ticket again next season as it's too painful (and expensive) for what we're being served up with.

I'm passionate about this club and always have been but that passion is dying with every dross performance and season that passes by.

I know we're not entitled to a good performance or result every week but believe that us NCFC supporters deserve so much better than the last few years have delivered.

Please Delia, Michael, Mark, Stuart (if you're still here), Neil, Zoe and anyone else with the ability to effect change - do it now before it's too late - Delia and Michael, if you really love this club then do the right thing for the future of it and pass it on to others that can make the necessary changes.

If not, there will be plenty of other loyal, longstanding supporters that won't be hanging around for more of this! 

I can’t speak for others but apathy for me set in when the club lowered their bar on what success looks like for us as a club. After Lambert and Hughton kept us in the Prem with midtable finishes there was never any talk about having to sell our best players or being a top 26 club nonsense. Why as a fan do I get invested emotionally in a club when our best and brightest talents are sold before they’ve been given a chance to shine at our own club. Why invest emotionally when the club is rotten from top to bottom happy to accept mediocrity as success. It’s a farce. 

1 hour ago, Pyro Pete said:

image.png.37a4d1957d4c00249982c62cf5f700de.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Big Vince said:

Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones are without doubt the worst people ever. Another hour has gone by and nothing done.

Do you not have a mirror in your house?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Thankfully people are waking up at long last. There’s still people on here who will never change their minds but it’s a minority.

Indeed. Apathy.

Some with low expectations are in their element now. Even in the ground there were fans clearly upset at the level of discontent.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Indeed. Apathy.

Some with low expectations are in their element now. Even in the ground there were fans clearly upset at the level of discontent.

These are the enemies within who should face treason trials.

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Too many in the ground waking up on 89mins and clapping at 90. Regardless of the performance and score 

3 hours ago, Big Vince said:

Surely Attanasio must be thinking of walking away if he's going to be encumbered by these old duffers till 2026.

I've heard this several times - I thought the reason for the "in stages" takeover + reviewed in 3 years was at MA's insistence not S and J? Anyone reliable know what the situation is?

4 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

What if Delia & MWJ are thinking what the hell have we done...

What if things are worse under MA's stewardship? Then what?

Worse??? How???

19 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Well it's certainly possible don't you think. Or it may not happen at all...

I don't know what's set in stone and what's not.

If it doesn’t happen we’re fcuked anyway. It’s an exciting chapter and I personally can’t wait for the Yanks to takeover fully. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

If it doesn’t happen we’re fcuked anyway. It’s an exciting chapter and I personally can’t wait for the Yanks to takeover fully. 

I couldn't agree more. I just wish it would happen quickly. Complete reset required. But as fans we're very impatient.

Breaking News - THE CLUB HAS RESPONDED  to the fans by raising TWO FINGERS in a upward direction 

5 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

What if Delia & MWJ are thinking what the hell have we done...

What if things are worse under MA's stewardship? Then what?

They will sell up, loyalty in football is gone. You cannot fault Delia and MWJ for that. But they really need to read the room now

As you don’t go to games you will not know ( except for a couple of bursts of false expectations ) the club lost the fans a good year ago. As a season ticket holder, I probably only attend around 50% of games, and in the 50% I don’t attend we can’t give our tickets away. 

17 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

They will sell up, loyalty in football is gone. You cannot fault Delia and MWJ for that. But they really need to read the room now

They need to have a visit from the men in grey suits (to tell them their time is up) because they would not be able to command a majority if there was a confidence vote of the members.

3 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Hitler, Stalin and Vlad the Impaler must be in with a shout…..

But you definitely wouldn't accuse any of those of being indecisive eh!

25 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

My comment was not really about them letting go of their 'train-set', but more of an OMG what have we done, have we really sold this club down the river and fcuked our fans over.

24 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

My comment was not really about them letting go of their 'train-set', but more of an OMG what have we done, have we really sold this club down the river and fcuked our fans over.

I was answering about MA making it worse, they will sell up, no hesitation, no three year wait

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

They need to have a visit from the men in grey suits (to tell them their time is up) because they would not be able to command a majority if there was a confidence vote of the members.

They are going to have their hands forced soon, it’s been far too long in the making and it could get very sour

6 hours ago, Indy said:

Not all if you read through, there’s still some who remain content.

Yep, some are very content in their own parochial dislike of particular individuals. It made no difference when we had great times recently, they were waiting to enjoy the inevitable downturn. 
The is no agreement on this forum, at least I hope not. 

• Like 1