Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Roll up roll up who is next

It's obvious that Wagner will be sacked. So who's next?

I assume Webber will have no say in it at all and we will be asking the new guy for his preference. So who will it be?  Hopefully someone aggressive. 

I'd be happy with either of the current Blackburn or Plymouth managers but the new guy may have other ideas. 

The most important appointment for ages. At least since the last one.... 

I'll just repost what I put in the match thread.

This season is written off, get Warnock until the summer,  he'd get us back to basics, then regroup and start again next summer when the behind the scenes stuff might be a bit more settled

• Like 1

My guess is Wagner will be sacked, Adams will be put in charge until new man arrives, who will appoint his new manager same day. They can’t risk any thought that Webber appointed new man, even if he has nothing to do with it.

• Like 1

I’m not certain any serious up and coming manager would come here until knapper is in place and can sell a vision. I don’t see anyone wanting to jump Into this mess

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'll just repost what I put in the match thread.

This season is written off, get Warnock until the summer,  he'd get us back to basics, then regroup and start again next summer when the behind the scenes stuff might be a bit more settled

This. 100%. We need to buy ourselves time and there needs to be a focus on sorting out the deeper lying problems. Steadying the ship on the field on a temporary basis would allow that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

He’s staying, they are gutless and won’t sack him, look at their track record for keeping managers too long

No chance. I expect the news of his departure to break by the end of the day.

• Like 1

Until we sort out the long winded ownership issues, the toxic Sporting Director hanging around poisoning the environment it will matter not one jot.

BUT if it happens Liam Manning Oxford manager. Norwich born, did ok at MKDons initially and doing well at Oxford.

1 hour ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Carlos Cuesta.

My go to if possible with Wiltshire as assistant! We need coaches who can help bring through the youth as it’s our best chance of stability in our club in the near future!

Anyone but Wagner!

What an embarassing mess we have become.

Give it to Pelach as a caretaker, let Knapper decide, then bin Pellach who's part of the problem anyway.

First job for Knapper is to pick a new head coach.

Won't be anyone in a job, we don't have the money to buy them out of their current club. Will likely be Pelach until the end of the season or permanently if we wins a few games early on.

Whoever we do hire will know he'll have to sell his best players every season just so the club can stay afloat and he'll have to work with whatever he's given so that will drastically shorten the list of interested candidates. Longer term it'll probably be someone who's doing well with a youth team right now because that's how he'll be expected to build a team by using our academy. The fact that we chose a new SD for his role in developing young players at Arsenal is a big clue about the direction we're heading in. It won't be about results or promotion, just selling our best players to giant clubs like Bournemouth to balance the books. 

I am not a NCFC fan, but do keep half an eye open to the theatrical performances over the years, I'll throw someone into the pot who turned down Aston Villa due to the mileage between Birmingham and his West London home. The legend John Terry. More than abilily qualified, experience with non premiership class of clubs, and one thing JT is not short of is passion. 

Ok so some of the players may be alittle concerned about his reputation with other players wives, but that shoudn't go agaimst the man, and rest assured, your "darling of the terraces, whose round is it next" Delia is even out of JT's age range;

On a serious note, who else will bring the style and carisma back ?

I won't name drop or talk ****e when i say JT and I have had paths that crossed, and one thing I do know is that he brings back the basics to the game, trainee's and youth players have to earn his respect, they are not allowed flash motors and they will all be cleaning boots, cutting grass and as he did at Villa, sweeping the terraces after games.

BUt my guess is Delia will have already short listed yet another nobody from the fourth tier of some easterm european league club

Trust me, sign JT and within three years they'll be erecting a statue along The Walk !

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

From the Arsenal women’s manager this afternoon (who will have links to Knapper)

”Emma Hayes leaving Chelsea at the end of the season”

Would they??

I don't know who will be next, but the longer this goes on I'm also getting more hesitant about Knapper coming in and having to pick a new man straight away. I think most would agree that the lack of scrutiny on Webber from the board these last few years have been a problem and I'm not sure it's been clearer in his managerial appointments. I wouldn't want us to appoint a manager who would be at odds with Knapper but you could easily find coaches who will see things similarly to him (even in this scenario Knapper could approve/veto any possible choice).

While the SD is often seen as senior to the head coach, they are, in my view, as equally important as each other. A SD is vital for the long term health of the squad, whereas the head coach needs to produce a winning team. The two should work together but it's also felt to me that Webber has allowed personal feelings to enter into his decision making in this area.