KiwiScot

***Official Lappintitup Match Thread-Norwich v Blackburn***

Today we host Blackburn and good news! Sutton is backing them for a point! Although we've won 7 of the last 10 league games against them and we are due a win, but we all know how that goes these days. Watch out for Sammie Szmodics their scoring attacking midfielder who just earned an international call up.

MRF2023_Norwich-City-v-Blackburn-Rovers-1024x576.thumb.jpg.7fab005daaada753bb234ee8e22c014a.jpg

F9yv3e6WQAAuqXW?format=jpg&name=360x360

Samaritans - Have signed shirts in a Norwich auction shop I didn't realise existed. https://shop.canaries.co.uk/auction/shop/?utm_source=ncfc_referral&utm_medium=org_twitter&utm_campaign=social-samaritans-auction-post

News - Wagner..."Let's be aggressive". Happy Birthday George Long. Gibson out till Christmas. The club will host a fan forum in Great Yarmouth,St.Georges Theatre on Monday, November 13, 6.30pm. The Annual Report is out - https://files.canaries.co.uk/canaries/23ar.pdf.

Pay at the Gate - Available for both sets of fans. Might have to go to the ticket office though.

Match Preview - https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/norwich-city/preview/preview-norwich-vs-blackburn-prediction-team-news-lineups_528136.html

Blackburn Match Thread - https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/36715-v-norwich-city-a-12pm-sunday-51123/

New Blood Required, Mid season starts available

Edited by KiwiScot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Today we host Blackburn.

10/10 match thread good thing you let others have a go at making one like you always tell me to 😉

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

5 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Today we host Blackburn.

The most unenthusiastic opener to a matchday thread I've ever seen. Totally agree mind.

Think it will be a very subdued Carrow Rd today.

Blackburn usually a meh game and I can't see it being a thriller today either.

No threads about line-ups or predictions this week, says it all. The only change I'm expecting is Batth for Gibbo (although I'd go for Warner) and a squeaky bum narrow victory.

Perhaps a Duffy winner!

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Blackburn usually a meh game and I can't see it being a thriller today either.

No threads about line-ups or predictions this week, says it all. The only change I'm expecting is Batth for Gibbo (although I'd go for Warner) and a squeaky bum narrow victory.

Perhaps a Duffy winner!

Rather see a whole different back 4 to be honest.. Every single one of our defenders changed. They can't do any worse than we have done recently.. Right?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

2 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I'm going for a 2-1 win for Norwich.

Based on nothing whatsoever.

Ha! My thoughts too WoaS.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Rather see a whole different back 4 to be honest.. Every single one of our defenders changed. They can't do any worse than we have done recently.. Right?

It would be a very brave decision though. Fisher, Batth, Warner, MaCallum? Can't see it personally.

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

It will be interesting to see if the Webbers show their faces today. 

He'll want to show himself before he sacks Wagner.

38 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

10/10 match thread good thing you let others have a go at making one like you always tell me to 😉

I tell, but I don't see it. I must have missed the reply.

Batth in for Gibson, Stacey returns, same apart from that (is my prediction). Though I wonder with backs against the wall, we might finally see Borja start a game.

It has the feel of a miserable 2-1 win, however with our system so incredibly broken it's easy to see Blackburn outgunning us and I don't see Wagner lasting until Knapper if that is the case

30 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Stuart will be in the changing room whatever the result to sack Wagner at the final whistle! Style.

8 points off the play offs. 

7 points off the relegation zone. 

Perhaps it’s early, and rather obvious, but we really need to win this today.

2-0 The Nozza 

I will go expecting to see ether a nervous 1-1 (they will of course score first) or a scrappy, desperate 1-0 win to us.

40 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Probably better than showing their backsides

55 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I don't agree. I know Stacey has looked tired recently and Dimi made a howler in his previous game, but IMO those two have been among our best performers overall so far this season, along with Sara and Rowe (for his goals). 

I have to admit I’m hoping for a defeat.

It will prove to be the last straw and, although tipping me over the edge, it will free me up three hours every week following this shower of sh*te who, but for Sara and Rowe, would be dangling in the bottom three, and strong candidates for relegation.

What a fitting end to Webber’s tenure.

1 minute ago, unique said:

It will prove to be the last straw and, although tipping me over the edge, it will free me up three hours every week following this shower of sh*te who, but for Sara and Rowe, would be dangling in the bottom three, and strong candidates for relegation.

That’s the spirit.

I have never and will never hope for a defeat. 

• Like 4

Anything less than a win and Wagner is likely to be gone, expect several changes from last weekend as he rolls the dice again.

2-0 City.

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Ah but which of their four faces will it be?

10 minutes ago, unique said:

We are not bothering to travel down, might as well watch it on tv rather than a 350 mile round trip for a Sunday noon kick off. 

We are currently completely non motivating and not very good.
For all my negatives though I could never wish my club to lose and will be singing, cheering and moaning in front of my tv.

A win buys Wagner another month , as he could then get away with a defeat at Cardiff next week, after which there is an internatonal break . 

At the other side of that we could well have Gunn, Hanley and Barnes back which would certainly make our spine stronger

Whilst this game may not be a must win (or must not lose) for the club, it is for Wagner , a real sliding doors game for him as I cant believe he survives a defeat today