S_81

Webber - leaving soon?

Why wait two weeks? Get it done now, Carrow Road won't collapse the second Webber leaves, surely people can take over whatever it is that Webber does on a daily basis. The healing/rebuild, whatever you want to call it can't start until he's gone, my fear is that nothing can be truly achieved until the ownership transition is completed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vos said:

In an attempt to protect his reputation I would guess he wants to get out before the proverbial hits the fan.

Webber's 'reputation' may mean he never gets another job in football as I doubt that no other club would tolerate his hostile behaviour. Whatever he does next, I'd be very surprised if it was in a similar role - in the U.K at least - and may end up doing something completely different. 

While I can sympathise with the lack of funds made available to him, he is a P.R disaster and the sooner the leaves the better. 

8 minutes ago, OnDaBall said:

Why wait two weeks? Get it done now, Carrow Road won't collapse the second Webber leaves, surely people can take over whatever it is that Webber does on a daily basis. The healing/rebuild, whatever you want to call it can't start until he's gone, my fear is that nothing can be truly achieved until the ownership transition is completed.

It sounds like a sort of ‘gardening leave’ to me. I’m guessing the club are trying to negotiate an amicable termination, rather than a forced one – which then triggers the need for termination pay (which we don’t have). But what a total mess and a catalogue of bad decisions and appointments. 

Good luck, Ben Knapper. If you’ve got what it takes, then this certainly is the environment to test it!

3 minutes ago, komakino said:

Webber's 'reputation' may mean he never gets another job in football as I doubt that no other club would tolerate his hostile behaviour. Whatever he does next, I'd be very surprised if it was in a similar role - in the U.K at least - and may end up doing something completely different. 

While I can sympathise with the lack of funds made available to him, he is a P.R disaster and the sooner the leaves the better. 

Never say ‘never’! The prime example being Neil Doomcaster. He spearheaded the worst ever years of our club’s history… but resulted in him becoming chief of the SPL.

2 minutes ago, Robornio said:

It sounds like a sort of ‘gardening leave’ to me. I’m guessing the club are trying to negotiate an amicable termination, rather than a forced one – which then triggers the need for termination pay (which we don’t have). But what a total mess and a catalogue of bad decisions and appointments. 

Good luck, Ben Knapper. If you’ve got what it takes, then this certainly is the environment to test it!

There’s no need for a negotiation. They’ll just honour his contract, which terminates in March.  He just needs to leave. Immediately.

too long in the making, should have gone long, long ago. Its far too late as we are well through the season.  Why is Wagner still here ??

11 minutes ago, komakino said:

He had money at his disposal, but as been stated on here before Farke wanted 4 players which would have used the budget,but Webber wanted numbers over quality, one of the main reasons I don't go much on this sporting director role, let the manager report to the board what he wants.

13 minutes ago, Mike w said:

too long in the making, should have gone long, long ago. Its far too late as we are well through the season.  Why is Wagner still here ??

Should have been sacked when he was saying he would rather be up a mountain than working for us.

• Like 1

Why 2 weeks. He just needs to be gone now. Ditto with Wagner. Do not give him the chance to waste any more games. 

46 minutes ago, Robornio said:

Why do we need to negotiate anything? He’s resigned. 

10 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Why do we need to negotiate anything? He’s resigned. 

I thought he gave 12 months notice of not seeking to renew his contract which is a slightly different scenario.

1 hour ago, OnDaBall said:

Very true. If Webber needs to handover, surely Neil Adams is stealing a living?

1 hour ago, OnDaBall said:

This is exactly how I feel. The long protracted nature will cause hell and all damage and also risks MA backing out a la “The Turners”.

Like him or not he still has other work to do (no, I cant imagine what that is but he cant be sitting on his a**e playing Nintendo all day)while he is here.The question is why did they need to give the new guy so much time off for a holiday.We are in a dire position at the moment,it needs to be sorted, the time for being nice to those in office or about to come into office is not now.Sort us out with a new manager or whatever you think it will take and you can have a bloody well earned rest at the end of the season.
If I was Knapper I would have been keeping up to date with whats going on(wrong) and if it is possible would try to negotiate an early start to the job.For heaven sake its an important job not just someone answering the switchboard.Perhaps he should show some professionalism.If he does think we need a change of manager he will have been busy either preparing someone or at least has an idea who he wants.
Or am I talking another load of s***e

Edited by Grumpy

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Should have been sacked when he was saying he would rather be up a mountain than working for us.

Stu....the pillock up the hillock.....

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Jack Flash said:

I thought he gave 12 months notice of not seeking to renew his contract which is a slightly different scenario.

Perhaps. Typical we allowed him a 12 month notice period. No doubt negotiated with his wife. 

14 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Perhaps. Typical we allowed him a 12 month notice period. No doubt negotiated with his wife. 

It seem to be what fits best with thise two and not the club tbh.

Everything that wrong with it, no one culpable for the failinga apart from the managers, which as a DOF is wrong surely.

Pissed all the money up the wall.

Entered into a Premiership campaign without purchasing requested players and admitted to it.

Blamed managers, staff and players, when surely the blame leads directly to himself.

If he was any sort of human being he wpuld fall on his sword and walk away.

Why on earth the club wants a new brush trained by a failed one is beyond me, just going to instill the broken and failing morals / systems for a new tenure.

• Like 1

This suggests to me a caretaker manager will takeover, so Pelach or Weaver, then Knapper is involved in the permanent role selection. Let's be honest Webber's last two appointments have been diabolical so he absolutely must not be involved.

Webber doesn't need to be here and should be on garden leave forthwith. Adams can do the handover. I really don't want Webber anywhere near Knapper. 

• Like 2

**** me, Webber’s like that one guy you ask to the party who starts off funny but by 3 am and everyone else has gone home he still hangs around even while you’re cleaning up all around him he still won’t take the hint to go! 

Definition of a lingering bad smell! A Webber!

13 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

This suggests to me a caretaker manager will takeover, so Pelach or Weaver, then Knapper is involved in the permanent role selection. Let's be honest Webber's last two appointments have been diabolical so he absolutely must not be involved.

Webber doesn't need to be here and should be on garden leave forthwith. Adams can do the handover. I really don't want Webber anywhere near Knapper. 

Not to mention his player recruitment over the past three seasons!

Edited by Indy

Funny how updates on a Sunday aren't very forthcoming normally,yet this gets put out, mugging the supporters yet again.

8 minutes ago, yellow 63 said:

Could be be very ugly next Sunday.

It kind of needs to be to be honest.

This can’t continue, it wouldn’t continue at any other club.

• Like 1