S_81

Webber - leaving soon?

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Rubbish

Wagner had to lose 20 million of players before the season started and have freebies. I guess you wanted farke to stay and think Webber got it badly wrong , if you are defending smith still. 

1 hour ago, Indy said:

That’s going to be interesting if he keeps to his Gibson / Duffy partnership or cave into pressure and change it up…..trouble is I have doubts Batth is an improvement and as we saw Forshaw was started and was bloody poor! 
I think fans would like to see Warner in the squad or even starting. Maybe a Batth / Warner combination might work but would he risk playing a new pairing in such an important game! 
We will see what gonads Wagner has, but starting with the same back four and conceding early might just get FCR very vocal!

Why don't we play big Andy? Oh no webber had to sell him for past mistakes. Its not all on wagner. 

1 minute ago, Sufyellow said:

Wagner had to lose 20 million of players before the season started and have freebies. I guess you wanted farke to stay and think Webber got it badly wrong , if you are defending smith still. 

Certainly not defending Smith utterly useless manager, I’m not defending Wagner either, just pointing out that the squad now is made up of old journeymen with no motivation and we have 30 million in the bank! Far worse than Smith had after his summer transfers! But Webber is culpable for our current position not Wagner! Both can go tomorrow and I’d be happy!

I’d pull out all the stops to get Knapper here sooner along with Carlos Cuesta head coach 

3 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

Why don't we play big Andy? Oh no webber had to sell him for past mistakes. Its not all on wagner. 

Why are you having a go when I’ve said exactly what you are! ? I think you have me mixed up with LYB on here!

37 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

You're absolutely correct. I was never a Smith fan and he did little to help himself by appearing to be so 'distant' to the fans. That said, so many people have just swallowed the line peddled out that .............'Dean Smith your football is ****'  Again I ask, where were we in the league table when Smith was sacked and where are we now?? The current incumbent is miles worse than Smith in my humble opinion. Mind you that is a reasonably low bar to get over but Herr Wagner has managed it with consummate ease!

Smith came in to get us competing in the prem,  he failed so badly, the end of the prem season was a joke. He was then backed with 10 million in the championship,  something Farke was never given.  Our players were good enough to beat rubbish teams , we didn't have a team. Smith failed badly. Start of this season we have gone back to making 20 million from transfer sales ,the squad is weaker than last Season,  but still shouldn't be on this sort of run. We need to change to stay up. 

28 minutes ago, Indy said:

Certainly not defending Smith utterly useless manager, I’m not defending Wagner either, just pointing out that the squad now is made up of old journeymen with no motivation and we have 30 million in the bank! Far worse than Smith had after his summer transfers! But Webber is culpable for our current position not Wagner! Both can go tomorrow and I’d be happy!

I’d pull out all the stops to get Knapper here sooner along with Carlos Cuesta head coach 

Yep sorry on this one it wasn't meant to be a response to you . I guess I didn't keep up with the rubbish posts going backwards and forwards. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Indy said:

Why are you having a go when I’ve said exactly what you are! ? I think you have me mixed up with LYB on here!

That was a dig at Webber,  I agree with you . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indy said:

If only there was £30m in the bank, there would have been no need to bring in free transfer journeymen.

The £30m is long gone - the problem here isn’t the manager - three have failed now because of having such a weak squad - we could bring in Pep Guardiola and he wouldn’t be able to turn this bang average squad into play off candidates.

The transfer business over the past three years has been nothing short of criminal - I find it amazing that people think another change of manager will help when the incomer will just inherit the same squad of dross.

On 29/10/2023 at 14:20, Capt. Pants said:

This suggests to me a caretaker manager will takeover, so Pelach or Weaver, then Knapper is involved in the permanent role selection. Let's be honest Webber's last two appointments have been diabolical so he absolutely must not be involved.

Webber doesn't need to be here and should be on garden leave forthwith. Adams can do the handover. I really don't want Webber anywhere near Knapper. 

I could not have expressed this any better. Fully back you that he should be gone before Knapper arrives. NO HAND OVER NECESSARY