cambridgeshire canary

I feel very sorry for Batth.

What on Earth must he be thinking watching this clownshow? Seeing Duffy scoring own goals, Mclean getting picked in the defence ahead of him and then giving away a penalty straigtht away..

You can't make it up.

• Like 2

I feel more sorry for those who pay their hard-earned and travel around the country to watch this dreadful sh*tshow :classic_sad:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dean Coneys boots said:

Putting Kenny at CB is an absolute slap in his face - a joke 

As is taking off your top goalscorer (rowe) in the 60th minute when you're behind and need a goal.

Yet that's Wagner for you

• Like 1

So in order to get Idah on he weakens the defence and the midfield, really the wrong call.

Unfortunately Duffy has sealed his fate for him too after a truly abysmal performance all afternoon.

Why feel sorry for him.  He is getting the wages he wanted by joining City.  And by not playing has improved his standing and will not be tainted with the Wagner stink.  Batth could only be integrated into the squad when Wagner is history, which hopefully will be soon.

He’s getting paid handsomely and probably happy not to have any of the limelight in this ****show.

4 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

He’s getting paid handsomely and probably happy not to have any of the limelight in this ****show.

Totally agree. He turned down Sunderland's contract offer so is hardly being paid peanuts.

I'd rather Warner was picked than Batth.

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Totally agree. He turned down Sunderland's contract offer so is hardly being paid peanuts.

I'd rather Warner was picked than Batth.

I’d rather try Warner and Batth than our current pairing.

• Like 1

To be fair, the reputations of most players not featuring in the first eleven always improves dramatically when the team is failing.

Some people were saying Forshaw was the solution to our brittle midfield. Those people seem eerily quiet after today's debacle.

• Like 1

I saw 

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

What on Earth must he be thinking watching this clownshow? Seeing Duffy scoring own goals, Mclean getting picked in the defence ahead of him and then giving away a penalty straigtht away..

You can't make it up.

You can make it up and you quite often do 

Duffy’s ‘own goal’ was goal bound and it deflected off him 

I’d be giving Warner a start, he’s the real deal 

Really weird signing… being paid £25k+ a week to not play after all that hype about not being arsed over Big Andy leaving because we had a big replacement lined up.

i can only think that Ba’ath wasn’t the intended replacement (perhaps Ronnie Edward’s was/is) and Ba’ath was a panic buy once Edward’s wasn’t happening?

You could ask why? Might just be Batth isn’t very motivated in training, looks worse in training and do we need a 30 + year old defender to come in or should we actually say this experience Road of four aging old CB isn’t the way we should be going and bring in Warner for a full few games! Young hungry and showed how good he was at Fulham

• Like 1

If Batth is as good as Forshaw we just need to hope he stays on the bench. It was a ridiculous recruitment strategy.

We're not going to be promoted this season; time for a younger Norwich City and that means Warner should at least be on the bench.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

If Batth is as good as Forshaw we just need to hope he stays on the bench. It was a ridiculous recruitment strategy.

We're not going to be promoted this season; time for a younger Norwich City and that means Warner should at least be on the bench.

Absolutely, so now we have ten 30 + players on at least two season contracts so here next year too, high wages and blocking the progression of some of the younger players as there’s a pressure on the recruitment team including Webber & Wagner to play these journeymen.

Sad as Warner must be really p1ssed off seeing Duffy make error upon errors and can’t even get on the bench after looking so good at Fulham!

Edited by Indy

How on earth Duffy keeps his place astounds me but I'm guessing with Gibson injury didn't want a complete overhaul (albeit maybe deserved it)

Is Warner left footed? I’m all for chucking him in to be honest as I think we need more pace back there although I tend to agree re Duffy. Hopefully soon it might be Warner and Hanley. 

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

Is Warner left footed? I’m all for chucking him in to be honest as I think we need more pace back there although I tend to agree re Duffy. Hopefully soon it might be Warner and Hanley. 

Nah he's right footed. We are going to have to mix it up more rather than playing out without Gibson there.

Time for Wagner to go - Our club  is in such a poor state - Its like a run down house that is desperate for modernisation 

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

How on earth Duffy keeps his place astounds me but I'm guessing with Gibson injury didn't want a complete overhaul (albeit maybe deserved it)

It seems that way but yet another decision that seems to have gone terribly wrong. 

Edited by Newports Canary

On 28/10/2023 at 16:41, cambridgeshire canary said:

You can't make it up.

I don't feel sorry for him.

I think he's lucky that he has avoided having any part in this dire run.

He must have said some home truths to the management - it just makes so sense otherwise. He’s a CB who won player of the season at a decent champs club last year- yet Kenny gets in ahead of him. So insulting