I am not sure that it is Wagner's fault. He can only use the squad that he has been given. We are an upper mid-table Championship team and Wagner is performing at about par for the course.

Just now, A K Narey said:

I am not sure that it is Wagner's fault. He can only use the squad that he has been given. We are an upper mid-table Championship team and Wagner is performing at about par for the course.

It's his fault HOW he uses them though isn't it, and his constant subs make us worse off every single time. 

Just now, A K Narey said:

This is a classic example of what you hear all the time from certain fans

”We are still top ten!”

2 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

Not one to start these kind of threads...

But can't see this going anywhere at all.

We are terrible. Get him out now!! How can you be 2 up then sling it all away. We ARE SH1T

Yep another Webber scapegoat.  

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Taking off Hernandez is understandable given he was doing nothing but then brining on Springett when Sainz was there was baffling.

I thought he won the corner for the first and assisted the 2nd , plus he defended far better than springett.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

This is a classic example of what you hear all the time from certain fans

”We are still top ten!”

Not really my point. The problems at our Club start above Wagner's level.

Top ten is the absolute minimum that we should expect.

2 hours ago, City fan said:

It's not just him, the club is in an utter mess. Delia should sell up and get out. Webber should f*ck off now on the Leeds team bus and take his wife with him 

2 hours ago, City fan said:

It's not just him, the club is in an utter mess. Delia should sell up and get out. Webber should f*ck off now on the Leeds team bus and take his wife with him 

1 minute ago, Hucks6 said:

Flew back to Leeds 

Sit on the wings then. 

Edited by City fan
?

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Any consolation pub talk suggests Boro is must wn for the BIg W or he's gone!

Unless Webber or Delia are there having a pint with you then I’m afraid it’s hope rather than reality. 

As far as I can see, we're stuck with him for the time being. Do you want Webber choosing our next manager after the glorious successes of the last two?

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Even in the first half we rode our luck on several occasions, and had Leeds' woeful finishing to thank for going in at half time level. But generally, it wasn't a bad performance.

We were 2-0 up at HT but if we could have been level on the balance of play

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Any consolation pub talk suggests Boro is must wn for the BIg W or he's gone!

Fast improving Boro will be rubbing their hands in anticipation of this match. 

Heard wagner on radio norfolk after the game when asked  what he could have done differently to stem Leeds in the 2nd half....he instead said that he 'preferred to acknowledge the quality of the opposition' ??!???

Sorry ,that wont cut it.  We were 2-0 up , and its your fuc king job to make a tractical alteration rather than just stand there ,do nothing  and watch it happen in front of you.

Truly pathetic

3 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Is there anyone out there who we would be able to get or afford that we want? 

This is the problem and why we ended up with Smith and now Wagner. 
Who would want to come here now. We are in transition of SD and Owner which needs a quicker resolution than we are going to get. 

All Wagner ever does is change the wingers, every ****ing game, seems to be the standard substitution. I don't know what he thinks is going to happen. How did he think Springett was going to change the game, tactically or otherwise?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peregrine Shorts said:

Awful in game management, substitutions seem to have been decided in training during the week.

get him gone

This is what I've been saying for ages about Wagner, his subs are not made in response to in game events but pre determined.  I think this was proven today when the triple subs were ready when it was 2-1 but Leeds scored whilst they were waiting, surely that equaliser changes the plan??

• Like 3

I’m not really sure what Wagner is supposed to do to influence games. We tend to start - due to injuries - with the “best” eleven available. We employ an energetic push tactic on the opposition and understandably they tire. We then have to rely on a bench where categorically any player we bring on is a likely downgrade. That isn’t poor subs, it’s a lack of depth. I don’t know how knackered they were but hooking Hernandez and Idah now looks mental. 
Having said that, the fact Hernandez (great guy by the way) is now a starter demonstrates how things have changed for us in the last few years. Wagner has had it tough in terms of key players lost but has done bigger all to make me think he can plot a way out of the malaise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I’m not really sure what Wagner is supposed to do to influence games. We tend to start - due to injuries - with the “best” eleven available. We employ an energetic push tactic on the opposition and understandably they tire. We then have to rely on a bench where categorically any player we bring on is a likely downgrade. That isn’t poor subs, it’s a lack of depth. I don’t know how knackered they were but hooking Hernandez and Idah now looks mental. 
Having said that, the fact Hernandez (great guy by the way) is now a starter demonstrates how things have changed for us in the last few years. Wagner has had it tough in terms of key players lost but has done bigger all to make me think he can plot a way out of the malaise. 

Not sure what he can do to influence games? He’s a coach ffs, if things are not right they make tactical changes, any coach knows that ffs(yes, I’ve got a coaching badge) it’s not rocket science either, that’s why you have a coaching team. Stop making excuses for him about the players at his disposal too, there’s clubs with worse squads than ours outperforming us both in the League table and games played recently. 

Wagner's biggest fault is his use of the subs, if you're going to hook the left winger because he's knackered then stick on your other left sided player (Placheta) to keep the shape of the side. When you quickly lose a goal but are still leading tighten things up with defensive players (Forshaw and Batth) to try and see out the game. Instead, he brings on a right winger for Hernandez and after conceding twice basically capitulates with a triple substitution that leaves no hope of getting a winner.

I know the squad is poor and lacking in depth but at least get the basics right, it's not hard. Leeds probably have the best attacking lineup in the Championship so when you find yourself 2-0 up with an hour gone nullify the threat don't make things easier for them. 

I see it mentioned so much that we have a poor squad lacking in depth? Anyone would think we didn’t have a summer transfer window to rectify this. Webber should have been nowhere near our club as he had made it clear to the owners he was leaving in March 23. Criminal.

I predicted before the game that we would lose 0-3 to Leeds. So to go in at half time 2-0 up was a surprise and a bonus. However, at halftime I was still predicting a 2-3 lose and so it came to be. We are just a mediocre squad with little ambition or character, being lead by an average coach who cannot motivate the players. I have accepted that we are at best a mid-table team with only mid-table ambitions. I give that signing of a few old has been journeymen players as only one example of this lack of ambition. We will be fortunate to avoid a bottom of the table scrap at the end of this season if we sell the only two player assets that we have in January ( I do not mean Idah and McLean, please move them on).

36 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

I see it mentioned so much that we have a poor squad lacking in depth? Anyone would think we didn’t have a summer transfer window to rectify this. Webber should have been nowhere near our club as he had made it clear to the owners he was leaving in March 23. Criminal.

Not only that, Sainz doesn't seem to get near the pitch. What is it with him, what are we waiting for?

9 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Not only that, Sainz doesn't seem to get near the pitch. What is it with him, what are we waiting for?

Real question is why did we sign sunderlands player of the season and give him good wages and let him sit on the bench watching our clowns in defence?