Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Norwich V Leeds****

1 hour ago, Michael Starr said:

Mass hysteria in here so I'll add my pence worth... we did really well today up to middle of the second half when we TIRED and unfortunately, we don't have the options Leeds do on the bench. The lack of depth and ability to change it tactically lost us the game. That's the difference, not Farke, not Wagner... just the lack of options / quality on the bench when it really matters.

What happened to the fittest team in the league?

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And why is Soccerbot covered in dust?

Half our team are so old they probably think it is some kind of **** infection! ( rear  end)

Edited by Justin time
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Nope, didn't think this happened either 😂 although I wouldn't have been disappointed to see him spring off... And then bounce to a lower league club on loan because he certainly isn't to the level we need. 

I'm sorry, but he did nothing after he came on, apart from highlighting how thin a squad we have.

This was the opposite of a midfield battle - it was all out attack, and had we got a midfield we might have salvaged something from this.

6 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I didn’t watch the match, was busy with family stuff but the result is gutting.

However…

1. Who exactly has said “It’s all fine, anyone who doesn’t think we’ll get promoted is clueless”? Quote me anything even close to that from this forum from the last couple of months.

2. “claiming people who think we’d go down are clueless” - every season the miserablists claim this. We’ve been relegated from the PL twice, it happens. But we were still in the Championship last time I looked so “Every season they’re proved wrong” is b0llocks.

Moan and whinge if you have to, argue with other posters about why we aren’t doing better, but don’t make sh1t up.

Hit a nerve? Maybe a bit to close to home?

Nobody said my quotes exactly. As you know. Nor will I go back through this forum over the last two months to find you quotes. I don’t need to. Your capable yourself.

We’ve been relegated from the Premier league more than twice chip. Perhaps some things pass you by.. 

The rest of your post seems confused and you appear to be arguing something I haven’t said “We’re still in the championship last time I checked” Who said we weren’t?

If you want to pretend this forum isn’t full of people calling others bed wetters and calling people clueless for saying we’ll get relegated from the Premier League in seasons when we have been you do that. We both know you’re one of those.

29 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Very enlightening really, when our main injury problems (and the reason given for our form down-turn) are up front. Of course, you defend from the front, but that in its self surely cannot explain us having the joint worst defensive record in the league? As a manager, Wagner could adapt, make us harder to beat during this period (we do have player options/formations we can try for this). However, its seems like we are just running the same program, and hoping for the best.

OTBC

Scoring 2 goals against Leeds at home, 2 goals away at Plymouth and 1 goal away at Rotherham should have gained us more than 0 points.
4-6 points wouldn't be unreasonable.

1 hour ago, Michael Starr said:

Mass hysteria in here so I'll add my pence worth... we did really well today up to middle of the second half when we TIRED and unfortunately, we don't have the options Leeds do on the bench. The lack of depth and ability to change it tactically lost us the game. That's the difference, not Farke, not Wagner... just the lack of options / quality on the bench when it really matters.

The issue with that is it’s Wagner’s system that requires the level of fitness and causes the tiredness that we apparently don’t have the options to last the 90 with.

Why did we put all our eggs in this basket if we weren’t going to have the squad to compete this way?

2 minutes ago, K Lo said:

Scoring 2 goals against Leeds at home, 2 goals away at Plymouth and 1 goal away at Rotherham should have gained us more than 0 points.

But it didn't, so that's a rather invalid post in my opinion 🤣

6 minutes ago, K Lo said:

Yes but if, ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas 

28 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

calling people clueless for saying we’ll get relegated from the Premier League in seasons when we have been you do that. We both know you’re one of those.

No I’m not. More sh1t you’ve made up. Again, show some evidence - you can’t. Looks like the only nerve that’s been hit is you when you get called out while having your tantrum.

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

No I’m not. More sh1t you’ve made up. Again, show some evidence - you can’t. Looks like the only nerve that’s been hit is you when you get called out while having your tantrum.

You stole that speech of Donald Trump. 

41 minutes ago, K Lo said:

It may have yielded those points without the joint worst defence in the league

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

To be fair, unless I've lost my mind, this didn't happen.

Bringing Springett on in the first place didn't make sense though.

I was then going to call you out for not concentrating.I apologize,you are indeed correct.I am not the smart **** I thought I was

• Haha 1

Well you screen lickers had a good day it seems? Rest assured it was equally as crap in the ground, how to wrench defeat from the jaws of victory. Sorry but Wagner really is a clown.

Absolute **** show of a 2nd half. Embarrassing really.

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well you screen lickers had a good day it seems? Rest assured it was equally as crap in the ground, how to wrench defeat from the jaws of victory. Sorry but Wagner really is a clown.

Absolute **** show of a 2nd half. Embarrassing really.

At halftime I was happy with the way the game was going. We were 2 goals ahead. Yes, Leeds had missed several decent chances but we had the game in our own hands.

As the good Captain says, the second half was indeed poor. Wagner's substitutions were a large part of our downfall.

1 hour ago, Monty13 said:

The issue with that is it’s Wagner’s system that requires the level of fitness and causes the tiredness that we apparently don’t have the options to last the 90 with.

Why did we put all our eggs in this basket if we weren’t going to have the squad to compete this way?

Because that's the way the fans want us to play. We got another coach trying to do it a different way, less about fitness, less about being pretty on the eye and more about just getting results. Fans rebelled and we got the closest to Farke we could get.

Today, we saw Farke v a guy very similar to Farke. One with a lower prem squad newly relegated and one with a championship squad. The one with the lower premier League squad won. Even though the champ squad made a good go of it they just couldn't sustain it long enough. Shock horror.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

5 hours ago, rock bus said:

I know Fassnacht has had a couple of ropey games but he is a far better class than Hernandez and gibbs.

wagner does seem to make some very weird decisions

I think Hernandez had a great game today, first to the ball everything and made attacking opportunities constantly. 

Gibbs on the other hand has possibly the worst pace I've ever seen, I really like him & want him to do well but I don't see any scenario where he starts. He won nothing today & made no opportunities. 

5 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Because that's the way the fans want us to play. We got another coach trying to do it a different way, less about fitness, less about being pretty on the eye and more about just getting results. Fans rebelled and we got the closest to Farke we could get.

Today, we saw Farke v a guy very similar to Farke. One with a lower prem squad newly relegated and one with a championship squad. The one with the lower premier League squad won. Even though the champ squad made a good go of it they just couldn't sustain it long enough. Shock horror.

They are really not very similar and that’s part of the issue.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

They are really not very similar and that’s part of the issue.

Both very similar in they're both stronger on attack than defence and put massive emphasis on fitness. But as I said, one's got a much superior squad to the other, with a wealth of good subs to choose from

11 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

If you think Farke and Wagner are similar then I don't know what to say.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Both very similar in they're both stronger on attack than defence and put massive emphasis on fitness. But as I said, one's got a much superior squad to the other, with a wealth of good subs to choose from

I think any similarities are very superficial. Their general approach is radically different IMO.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Both Klopp and Pep are stronger on attack than defence and put an emphasis on fitness. That doesn't make them similar at all.

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Probably wasn't worth replying in the first place then.

It's not my fault you've spent this evening outing yourself as someone who doesn't actually understand football.

3 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I think any similarities are very superficial. Their general approach is radically different IMO.

Look, I've said what I think is similar. Both have massive emphasis on fitness. That's why we used to pull through so often with Farke. Our squad had to work harder against a fit and better squad today, did well and then ran out of steam. I don't see why people are struggling to see that.

14 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Farke and Wagner don't have a similar philosophy. You have once again shown you know nothing about football. Farke is a brilliant if sometimes frustrating coach. Dean Smith and David Wagner aren't fit to clean his white board. Now go and sit in the corner with the rest of the happy clappers.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, king canary said:

Both Klopp and Pep are stronger on attack than defence and put an emphasis on fitness. That doesn't make them similar at all.

It's not my fault you've spent this evening outing yourself as someone who doesn't actually understand football.

Well, yeah it does. If you can draw a comparison between people where there's something in common, especially in the broad strokes in approach, that's a similarity.

It's not my fault if you don't understand the difference between similar and identical.

14 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Leeds player grey play ed something silly like 5 x 90 mins games in 14 days yet out lasts Rowe ,

we do not look super fit , i think it is a myth made up by Wagner  

most professional footballers are as fit as they can be 

Edited by norfolkngood

5 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Well, yeah it does. If you can draw a comparison between people where there's something in common, especially in the broad strokes in approach, that's a similarity.

It's not my fault if you don't understand the difference between similar and identical.

It is superficial similarity, so superficial as to be meaningless.

You described Wagner as 'the closest to Farke we could get' which is demonstrably nonsense.

We are evidently one of the least fit sides in the league. So one trick Wagner is now No trick Wagner it seems.....

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

Edited by Keith Scott