Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Norwich V Leeds****

Mass hysteria in here so I'll add my pence worth... we did really well today up to middle of the second half when we TIRED and unfortunately, we don't have the options Leeds do on the bench. The lack of depth and ability to change it tactically lost us the game. That's the difference, not Farke, not Wagner... just the lack of options / quality on the bench when it really matters.

• Like 1

Disappointed.
Springett on as sub then taken off for Fassnecht to come on.Doesnt make sense

4 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Nothing at all has got into me, not as far as the football side of thing is concerned. Definitely not anything to justify you being gratuitously rude.

I get the impression your white, middle class and an only child? The kind of bloke who used to throw stones at kids when he was at school and then go crying to the teacher when they threw them back. “My mummy says I’m more special than you”

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I was happy to try and blame things on injuries but when you go and stick Sainz on the bench, throw Springett on and have Batth just sitting around doing nothing on the bench when your defence are acting like clowns you do have to wonder just what the hell Wagner was thinking

Yes -you cant make it up - its time Wagner went- the club in decline

What hit me was there were 3 subs waiting to come on when the equaliser went in. 

Firstly, 3 subs at once is rash. It's for friendlies or when you're 3 nil up a want to rest key players.

Secondly, at 2-1 why are we making the same subs as at 2-2? The dynamic has changed. 

All seemed a bit nuts, unthoughtout and desperate. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

We’ve collapsed. Bet the atmosphere at the ground is a bit spicy?

Not really, general apathy to be honest. Although I did make the old girl in front of me in the South Stand jump (wake up) with the loudness of my "boo" and "wagner out" just after the 3rd :classic_biggrin:

2 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Mass hysteria in here so I'll add my pence worth... we did really well today up to middle of the second half when we TIRED and unfortunately, we don't have the options Leeds do on the bench. The lack of depth and ability to change it tactically lost us the game. That's the difference, not Farke, not Wagner... just the lack of options / quality on the bench when it really matters.

The team should be more fit then. 

Giving up a 2 goal lead to f'in Leeds in embarrassing. Yes, they've got more quality and depth, but we should've shut them out.

14 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

No, I'm just swearing at a tw4t who insulted me yet again. So mind your own business, there's a good chap .

Sounds like a hissy fit to me 

2 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Yes any moaning is mass hysteria. We chucked away a 2-0 lead because they have a better squad than us. Is that why Plymouth thrashed us as well? Or does squad strength not matter when we get beat by teams our squad is supposedly superior than? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Good call. This place is going to be a nightmare for the foreseeable.

Actually, not work - gym. Treadmill's getting wrecked.

If anyone hears about sh*t going down at the DL gym in Bolton and some nutter on a treadmill, you can guess who it is.

• Haha 1

Well I suppose in even more depressing news I can imagine Webber is looking at Rowe and Sara and are probably thinking "oooh better sell them in January bit of money to keep us afloat"

You know I'm right.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

At 22 Goals Conceded, we've got the joint worst defence in the Championship.
3rd-most goals scored.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Tired - we supposed to be the fittest team in the champs -so Wagner did stated- it was poor subs what let us down- -were is Batth etc

3 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

we don't have the options Leeds do on the bench. The lack of depth and ability to change it tactically lost us the game. That's the difference, not Farke, not Wagner... just the lack of options / quality on the bench when it really matters.

You can hardly say there werent options on the bench.Batth (S'land POS,)Sainz who it seems everyone wants to be played,Forshaw and Fassnecht 
As for the lack of ability to change tactics.Of course they have.I would be surprised if the majority on here could tell the difference 

1 minute ago, K Lo said:

3rd-most goals scored.

Good thing we don't have Sunderlands player of the season on the bench who's a defender

• Like 3

Why is it always the same posters who try and justify these losses? “It’s all fine, anyone who doesn’t think we’ll get promoted is clueless” brigade. I take note of posters and it’s always the same people.

Every year we’ve ever been relegated they’d spend all season calling people bed wetters and claiming people who think we’d go down are clueless etc. 

Every season they’re proved wrong yet there’s not even a seed of doubt in their minds that they know more about football and are superior to everyone else.

They must just be hardcore double downers, never wrong types. Even when they are wrong. Just push it out they’re brains and move on.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Good thing we don't have Sunderlands player of the season on the bench who's a defender

It's obvious where the main problem lies.
Have a half-decent defence and we would have won that and games against Rotherham & Plymouth.

3 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

Why is it always the same posters who try and justify these losses? “It’s all fine, anyone who doesn’t think we’ll get promoted is clueless” brigade. I take note of posters and it’s always the same people.

Every year we’ve ever been relegated they’d spend all season calling people bed wetters and claiming people who think we’d go down are clueless etc. 

Every season they’re proved wrong yet there’s not even a seed of doubt in their minds that they know more about football and are superior to everyone else.

They must just be hardcore double downers, never wrong types. Even when they are wrong. Just push it out they’re brains and move on.

I've come to believe this, it isn't just about football any topic anywhere even down the pub they're always right, even if proven wrong they are still right and know all there is to know. 

The type of people that if you've done something they've done it better and twice. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

9 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

Very good post- some one with sense

9 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

To be fair this exists on both sides of the coin- plenty will insist all is doom and we're getting relegated despite all evidence to the contrary.

Do agree though there is an awfully smug crowd who like to claim intellectual superiority and when things start to go badly will lash out rather than admit they were wrong. Its how we end up with the inevitable 'it's actually the fans fault not the manager/players/owners who I've previously backed to the hilt' threads that will be here soon.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I've come to believe this, it isn't just about football any topic anywhere even down the pub they're always right, even if proven wrong they are still right and know all there is to know. 

The type of people that if you've done something they've done it better and twice. 

And so boring with it. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, king canary said:

To be fair this exists on both sides of the coin- plenty will insist all is doom and we're getting relegated despite all evidence to the contrary.

Do agree though there is an awfully smug crowd who like to claim intellectual superiority and when things start to go badly will lash out rather than admit they were wrong. Its how we end up with the inevitable 'it's actually the fans fault not the manager/players/owners who I've previously backed to the hilt' threads that will be here soon.

That is true. Some turn negative very quickly. Others will say “xyz OUT!” 5 minutes into his managerial reign. I presume, so that if things do turn badly they can say I told you so etc.

I just notice it’s the same people who were calling people clueless for thinking we would get relegated from prem in the Alex Neil, Daniel Farke seasons. Everyone was a bed wetter etc.

As someone else pointed out they are usually those who double down and then say it’s all the fans fault that we got relegated or not promoted.

44 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Disappointed.
Springett on as sub then taken off for Fassnecht to come on.Doesnt make sense

To be fair, unless I've lost my mind, this didn't happen.

Bringing Springett on in the first place didn't make sense though.

23 minutes ago, K Lo said:

3rd-most goals scored.

Very enlightening really, when our main injury problems (and the reason given for our form down-turn) are up front. Of course, you defend from the front, but that in its self surely cannot explain us having the joint worst defensive record in the league? As a manager, Wagner could adapt, make us harder to beat during this period (we do have player options/formations we can try for this). However, its seems like we are just running the same program, and hoping for the best.

OTBC

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

To be fair, unless I've lost my mind, this didn't happen.

Bringing Springett on in the first place didn't make sense though.

Nope, didn't think this happened either 😂 although I wouldn't have been disappointed to see him spring off... And then bounce to a lower league club on loan because he certainly isn't to the level we need. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy said:

It might help you to understand the art of coaching if you read the tactics page of Ben Lee in this weeks EDP.He explains just why they play in that fashion.
I was annoyed just like you until I read the article.
It might help a few more on this forum to read a few of his reports to grasp a little more understanding of coaching.

I appreciate your answer, and realise there must be good reason for it….….…..

but to do a job properly, you must have the tools…….

unfortunately, we are overrun with them………

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Very enlightening really, when our main injury problems (and the reason given for our form down-turn) are up front. Of course, you defend from the front, but that in its self surely cannot explain us having the joint worst defensive record in the league? As a manager, Wagner could adapt, make us harder to beat during this period (we do have player options/formations we can try for this). However, its seems like we are just running the same program, and hoping for the best.

OTBC

I sort of understand the risky starting line-up. It can always backfire but I think there's an understanding we are weaker than Leeds all over the pitch but by over committing and creating overloads we find ourselves 2-0 up. Slightly fortunately, but all the same.

At that point we then do not need to risk with that over-committing in forward areas. We'd had enough warnings in the first half. McLean had carried the midfield with Gibbs working hard but never stealing possession and Sara great offensively but not defensively. 

So it seemed obvious Leeds would come at us and we had the opportunity to bring Forshaw on, drop Gibbs deep; even play 3 central midfielders if required.

To do nothing and then take "an onel" off (note it doesn't have to be onel, but he is unique in his physicality and turn of pace, even on bad games, means defenders have to be aware of him) and replace him with Springett (is not an offensive threat at this level and offers no physical threat either - essentially frees up their fullback to position themselves even higher up the pitch) feels like management suicide.

• Like 2

it would really help if we had any players with any nous or who could tackle!! Our high intensity press seems to knacker our entire mid after 60/65 mins problem is we don’t replace like for like from bench or more importantly seem have the necessary quality to do so? We seem to just run out of steam  every match at 60 mins and offer zero goal threat when the subs come on . Plus todays third goal total disgrace why didn’t someone just foul him ??? Just take him out and take yellow card for team. Too bloody nice !! Another poor loss freefalling now ..  club needs total reset from board down end off. 

33 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

I didn’t watch the match, was busy with family stuff but the result is gutting.

However…

1. Who exactly has said “It’s all fine, anyone who doesn’t think we’ll get promoted is clueless”? Quote me anything even close to that from this forum from the last couple of months.

2. “claiming people who think we’d go down are clueless” - every season the miserablists claim this. We’ve been relegated from the PL twice, it happens. But we were still in the Championship last time I looked so “Every season they’re proved wrong” is b0llocks.

Moan and whinge if you have to, argue with other posters about why we aren’t doing better, but don’t make sh1t up.

• Like 1

22 goals and joint worst defensive record, but 3rd most gosls scored.

Doesnt take a genius or a rocket up the **** to know we have to change tge defence then. But Wagner wont!!!