4 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

One hit wonder.

Time to Follow Webber and hopefully Delia out the door.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

4 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

One hit wonder.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

His recent record is shocking. 

I can’t see him being sacked anytime soon.

Webber understandably will not sack him at this stage. The new lad isn’t going to come in wielding an axe to everything in place. 

He will be sacked in April when we’re 14th.

And we go again.

This season is a write off already.

We will do nothing with this defence. Conceding far too many shots on goal to be contenders. Free scoring earlier in the season just hid the obvious failing.

• Thanks 1

Thing is, if this was an up and coming manager with clear direction, I think the results and the start to this season would be palatable. 

I just can’t see anything from Wagner that suggests there’s any point persisting. He’s limited tactically, and unlikely to improve. 

He has mitigation losing Sargent, Barnes, Nunez and Sainz to injury though, and powers to be will gladly use this to delay making an uncomfortable decision.

The transition of sporting directors also buys Wagner time. He’s here till Christmas for me, near enough regardless of results. 

Unfortunately as my Nan used to say you get what you pay for, we spent about a million on free bee and low quality, there’s a reason these old defenders are let go, we now seeing why….who do you think you are kindling mr Webber, if you think your work is done!

• Like 1

We really can't afford to relieve Mr Wagner of his position.....If it wasn't for the gracious financial intervention of Baseball Bazooka Joe....we'd most likely be putting beggin' bowls at the turnstiles and have folk carrying blankets to catch loose change from the fans at half time....

What you have to ask yourself is will Wagner get a Norwich side into the play offs this season or next. As he sure couldn’t last year. 
I really question the logic of anyone saying yes. 
He’s tactically inept.

7 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Thing is, if this was an up and coming manager with clear direction, I think the results and the start to this season would be palatable. 

I just can’t see anything from Wagner that suggests there’s any point persisting. He’s limited tactically, and unlikely to improve. 

He has mitigation losing Sargent, Barnes, Nunez and Sainz to injury though, and powers to be will gladly use this to delay making an uncomfortable decision.

The transition of sporting directors also buys Wagner time. He’s here till Christmas for me, near enough regardless of results. 

We’ll finally see the back of him once we get a hefty defeat at Portaloo Road. I’m afraid it’s coming 

We will somehow reach an agreement with Forest & Hwang will be sent back in January....Wagner will be here until the end of the season, then Knapper bring in his own Coach.

I could see the Leeds game being the end if Leeds play us off the park. 

30 minutes ago, City fan said:

His recent record is shocking. 

As was end of last season. Add it all together and it’s even more shocking 

If our 2 first-choice strikers hadn't got injured right next to each other, we'd arguably still be top 2 or 3 in my opinion. We were on fire before those injuries. Wanting Wagner out is just daft and reactionary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Canarywary said:

If our 2 first-choice strikers hadn't got injured right next to each other, we'd arguably still be top 2 or 3 in my opinion. We were on fire before those injuries. Wanting Wagner out is just daft and reactionary.

Dream on. We’d had an easy start and that was flattering us. Wagner is tactically inept and it showed last year and it’s showing again 

Edited by S_81

23 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

That seems likely, although perhaps Adams could be put i/c in a caretaker role. Unlikely though as I think Webber will leave the dirty work to his young successor who will inevitably need to find his feet before making such a big decision.

I can't see Wagner in the hot seat at the end of the season though.

Edited by BroadstairsR

7 minutes ago, Canarywary said:

Coventry sold theirs and still looked better than us. Barnes and Sarge can't do anything if our two CBs are tapping it about at the back.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, S_81 said:

We’ll finally see the back of him once we get a hefty defeat at Portaloo Road. I’m afraid it’s coming 

Possibly, given the timing right before January. Wonder what the new SD is thinking.. I doubt he’s had to sack anyone in his career, let alone a professional football manager! 

11 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

That seems likely, although perhaps Adams could be put i/c in a caretaker role. Unlikely though as I think Webber will leave the dirty work to his young successor who will inevitably need to find his feet before making such a big decision.

I can't see Wagner in the hot seat at the end of the season though.

Yeah my thoughts too.. as I’ve just mentioned above, the new SD won’t have had to make a call remotely close to as big as this before. Which is why I’d prefer a more experienced person in this role.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Yeah my thoughts too.. as I’ve just mentioned above, the new SD won’t have had to make a call remotely this close before. Which is why I’d prefer a more experienced person in this role.

Come to think of it taking that course would be the decent thing for Webber to do.

Leave the young man with a clean slate and not expecting him to clear up the mess created by his predecessor.

Neil Adams can perform a role and will likely be a good mentor for the new boy.

Edited by BroadstairsR

41 minutes ago, Indy said:

Unfortunately as my Nan used to say you get what you pay for, we spent about a million on free bee and low quality, there’s a reason these old defenders are let go, we now seeing why….who do you think you are kindling mr Webber, if you think your work is done!

Every club spends more on wages than transfer fees, so it's the wage bill rather transfer spend that indicates how much a club has actually spent on their playing squad.

I don't think we've underspent, but for the second season in a row, we don't seem to be getting great value. 

I said in May 2022 that it was the right time for Webber to step aside whilst he still had us in a better place both on and off the pitch than when he arrived, so at least we'd generally look back at his tenure positively, but he has basically put us back exactly where he found us on the pitch. I think the work he has done getting Attanasio on board has basically kept him in his job.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

I really like Wagner a lot  but I can feel myself turning on him.

I had massive question marks on this headless chicken selection process for our squad coming out of pre-season, and today it's clear we lack a lot of composure and class on the ball - when the opposition steps it up, we fold and panic.

The injuries have been a massive kick in the balls for him, but despite that, how an earth he's stuck with the backline despite the amount of games, and defeats incurred when we've got Batth sat there is really baffling.  I'm not a fan of Gibson, I think he holds on to the ball too long and as a result makes it harder for team-mates to receive the ball that was easier to play 2 seconds earlier, and it makes playing out from the back pointless as there's no real plan behind doing it.

With Farke you could see the method behind it, as we were working out how to unlock the opponent, but we're not doing that.  We just invite pressure, play a poor pass and give the ball away... It wouldn't be so bad if we were trying something special, but we give it away it basic un-pressured moments.

And then today, seeing Gibbs more advanced than Sara, I have to wonder what the hells going on in his mind.  To me that's the opposite to what their strenghs are.

I really hope he turns it around, but I feel his stubbornness will be his downfall.  All through pre-season we were quite ordinary until Sara came in and gave us the spark, my fear is that Sara is papering more cracks up.

We're needing a plan B, and we're needing someone to react to the problems and get back to basic solutions - IMO, He's currently putting his own philosophies above what's best for this club.

It's so frustrating, just want to get behind the team, but right now there's many players who look nowhere near Championship standard to me.

Only a point outside of top 6, and normally wouldn't be all that concerned or down on us... But seeing the scum doing so well just seem to make this feel a whole lot worse to me.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, S_81 said:

Good luck to Ipswich 

Webber brought in a loser

We must have a weekly wage bill of between £500000 and £750000 on what are average players, coaches an management

Cannot believe how far this club has gone backwards 

The football over the past 2 seasons has been diabolical 

Edited by daly
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I really like Wagner a lot  but I can feel myself turning on him.

I had massive question marks on this headless chicken selection process for our squad coming out of pre-season, and today it's clear we lack a lot of composure and class on the ball - when the opposition steps it up, we fold and panic.

The injuries have been a massive kick in the balls for him, but despite that, how an earth he's stuck with the backline despite the amount of games, and defeats incurred when we've got Batth sat there is really baffling.  I'm not a fan of Gibson, I think he holds on to the ball too long and as a result makes it harder for team-mates to receive the ball that was easier to play 2 seconds earlier, and it makes playing out from the back pointless as there's no real plan behind doing it.

And then today, seeing Gibbs more advanced than Sara, I have to wonder what the hells going on in his mind.  To me that's the opposite to what their strenghs are.

I really hope he turns it around, but I feel his stubbornness will be his downfall.  All through pre-season we were quite ordinary until Sara came in and gave us the spark, my fear is that Sara is papering more cracks up.

We're needing a plan B, and we're needing someone to react to the problems and get back to basic solutions - IMO, He's currently putting his own philosophies above what's best for this club.

It's so frustrating, just want to get behind the team, but right now there's many players who look nowhere near Championship standard to me.

I understand where you're coming from because I like Wagner (unlike Smith, who I felt almost at once was a complete phoney whose only interest was himself), but I am finding it harder and harder to support Wagner.

All I can see ahead is another woeful season with the hope that Ipswich fail to go up as our only thing to look forward to.

1 hour ago, Keith Scott said:

One hit wonder.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

If a big black limousine turns up and takes Wagner, Webber and Delia out I'm sure Wynnie will hold the fort.