cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Swans V Canaries*

Obsessed with ****ing about at the back with it, can't remember us being so strict with it last season

We are so open. Structurally an absolute fvvcking shambles. Wagner has to go, I’ve seen this too many times. One offs don’t happen 3 times.

Just now, horsefly said:

It was the pass from Duffy that caused the problem

No it wasn't, it was Forshaw

9 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Less than 500 have made the trip according to Snorfolk 

340 in fact. Feel sorry for them already!

• Sad 1

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Nope! Duffy's pass to him left him completely short.

Just now, ricardo said:

How long before they realise this tactic is counter productive.

An old manager I used to play for used to say “you can’t win the game in your own half but you can certainly lose it.” Wanting us to push up the pitch and play in the opponents half. It’s not really rocket science it’s been 6 seasons now we’ve been giving up goals by needlessly pratting around in our own half. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Dog**** pass from Duffy. Dog**** touch from Forshaw.

Basically, dog****.

2 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

We are so open. Structurally an absolute fvvcking shambles. Wagner has to go, I’ve seen this too many times. One offs don’t happen 3 times.

Nowt to do with Wagner.

Sam Allardyce has always been reviled by posters on here but he would never tolerate this madness. I will always remember a great quote from him..............'the best way to defend is to keep the ball as far away from your goal as possible'!!! 

Just now, The Bristol Nest said:

I dont mind playing out from the back but never ever pass into the middle with traffic around.

This is it isn't it, playing out from the back is all well and good when done WELL, we **** it up all too often and always have that danger of playing ourselves into trouble. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Bristol Nest said:

I dont mind playing out from the back but never ever pass into the middle with traffic around.

If we played out from the back 50% of the time sure it’s great but 100% of the time means every side we play against knows they just push all the way into our half go man for man intense press and they know we give the ball away. I’ve lost count of the amount of goals we let in through sheer pigheadedness at not mixing it up. 

• Like 1

Oh dear- its getting so depressing following the canaries at times- why cant we give the battering not keep  receiving it 

People can throw whatever stats they want at me, stats that are more than likely not recorded from teams at Championship level, to say that passing out from the back leads to better...whatever..chance creation/retaining possession/defensive stats etc. But we, at the level we find ourselves at now are not good enough to play that way at consistent enough level to not regularly give good chances away. 

Play out from the back sometimes, sure, when it's the right time to do so, but not all the time. We're not Man City, we're not even Leicester or Burnley and it's causing us more problems than any benefit we're getting out of it. Get the basics right before you worry about anything too intricate and demanding on the level of players we have. 

• Like 1

Yet another goal that is Duffys fault, and watch genius fans want to keep him and drop Gibson again.