Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

**Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Norwich v Birmingham**

5 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

How can you be a fool for giving a valid opinion BEFOREa game, yet Big Fish knows better by giving an opinion AFTER the game. Any d*ck can do that Big Fish.

Thankfully the players have redeemed themselves, but clear now Wagner likes his favourite players regardless of form.

Big Fish. This weeks d*ckhead

Easy @Samwam27, you say something really stupid before a game. The game proves you wrong and then you double down on the stupidity afterwards. Many of the posters called out really wanted us to lose so they could be proven right. Deep down they are disappointed. If we had lost they would be all over this thread but instead they will wait until the next time we lose and claim they were right all along.

Nice solid performance, well taken goals and Idah did well holding the ball up brings others into the game.

Now use the squad from the midweek game and freshen it up to ensure we don’t burn out the players and repeat the Plymouth saga!.

5 minutes ago, BigFish said:

I think @hogesar puts it very well @GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary.

Fcuk me. It was Sara's fault we lost at Plymouth? We lost at Plymouth because we had 70% possession and didn't look dangerous because our star player was sitting, just like today's 1st half, in his own half, we played a goalkeeper with a shoulder injury so he didn't move for two goals and Rowe, Duffy, Fassnacht and Stacey had their worst games for the club.

Sara showed today he can score. We know he has probably the best shot. Forshaw showed today, apart from one lazy pass, that he will just sit and give it to the players on the move. To say we played worse shows a lack of understanding or a belief that the 1st half was brilliant edge of the seat attacking football. Totally different attitude in the second half and a desire not to pass around the back four but get it forward much sooner.

And for someone to say Rowe was MOTM is ludicrous. Yes, it was a terrific goal. But it isn't NFL. You don't bring someone on just to score. Rowe spent much of the game apologising to his teammates for being greedy and not playing them in. One particular in the 2nd half when Onel was all alone.

Sara was miles ahead of any player on the pitch. That pass with the outside of his left foot being the pick of many good ones. And to add a goal to it mailed the decision. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BigFish said:

This week's fools gallery

I'll concede that the team selection done it's job, I still stand by the fact that Warner not being involved was criminal... lad deserved a spot. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A near perfect weekend. A City win after a decent performance, scum choke 2 pts and a great session with mates in the pub.

A slight shame we shut up shop after 2-0 and Sainz didn't come on instead of Onel, but a good day at the office.

Preston and scum showing that the table is fat too early to predict the final outcome. Mind the gap!

32 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Well.. i think i do

We still havent really nailed it since Sargents injury

Dont think anyone can really say the Rowe experiment at no.10 really worked today, and it was only when he went back out wide that he found the space to score.

We saw what happens last week when we paired Hwang and Idah..  it left our midfield far too open.

So people are offering their opinion on who should best be deployed in that advanced midfeld area and many think Sara

..  and yet they are labelled as 'fools' by others who themselves dont offer an opinion

As for you, just surprised you didnt quote some XG figures 

I only use xG to make you look really stupid. But figured I'd give you a break since others are already calling you out.

Sara scored from the position you're claiming is a problem for him. I'm sure at certain times he'll be used as a number 10

16 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I only use xG to make you look really stupid. But figured I'd give you a break since others are already calling you out.

Sara scored from the position you're claiming is a problem for him. I'm sure at certain times he'll be used as a number 10

...its a problem for the team...as witnessed last week at Plymouth where your mate McLean alongside him was cruelly exposed.

'certain times'...but apparantly people are wrong for suggesting it?

So...what is your opinion, who exactly should be playing in the 'no.9' and 'no.10' positions..in the absence of Sargent/Barnes?...whilst at the same time preventing a horror show such as at Plymouth by not having a proper ball winner/no.6?

The only person youre making look stupid with your XG bo!locks is yourself

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

27 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Fcuk me. It was Sara's fault we lost at Plymouth? We lost at Plymouth because we had 70% possession and didn't look dangerous because our star player was sitting, just like today's 1st half, in his own half, we played a goalkeeper with a shoulder injury so he didn't move for two goals and Rowe, Duffy, Fassnacht and Stacey had their worst games for the club.

Sara showed today he can score. We know he has probably the best shot. Forshaw showed today, apart from one lazy pass, that he will just sit and give it to the players on the move. To say we played worse shows a lack of understanding or a belief that the 1st half was brilliant edge of the seat attacking football. Totally different attitude in the second half and a desire not to pass around the back four but get it forward much sooner.

And for someone to say Rowe was MOTM is ludicrous. Yes, it was a terrific goal. But it isn't NFL. You don't bring someone on just to score. Rowe spent much of the game apologising to his teammates for being greedy and not playing them in. One particular in the 2nd half when Onel was all alone.

Sara was miles ahead of any player on the pitch. That pass with the outside of his left foot being the pick of many good ones. And to add a goal to it mailed the decision. 

It’s imperative to find a formation that allows Sara to get forward. Total waste of his talent having him play almost from centre back position

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Canary Jedi said:

It’s imperative to find a formation that allows Sara to get forward. Total waste of his talent having him play almost from centre back position

...careful...you'll be branded a 'fool' by those too gutless to offer an opinion themselves

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I'll concede that the team selection done it's job, I still stand by the fact that Warner not being involved was criminal... lad deserved a spot. 

Let's try again. Warner will be playing for the under 21s a full game and then br in the squad at Swansea on Wednesday when either Duffy or gibson will be rested and batth

will come in.

If I am wrong do have a go at me but failure to select a footballer is not a criminal offence.

15 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...its a problem for the team...as witnessed last week at Plymouth where your mate McLean alongside him was cruelly exposed.

So...what is your opinion, who exactly should be playing in the 'no.9' and 'no.10' positions..in the absence of Sargent/Barnes?...whilst at the same time preventing a horror show such as at Plymouth by not having a proper ball winner/no.6?

The only person youre making look stupid with your XG bo!locks is yourself

Yeah, guess Pep is also stupid. And Klopp. And De Zerbi

Just now, hogesar said:

Yeah, guess Pep is also stupid. And Klopp. And De Zerbi

...all lost today!

....and your opinion on the team?

Are people only allowed to suggest that Sara should be playing further firward on one of the 'certain times' when you happen to agree?

Do you think the Rowe experiment worked?...whats YOUR opinion, if you have one...or will you brand others as fools too, when you dont have one yourself?

11 minutes ago, Besthorpe-48 said:

Let's try again. Warner will be playing for the under 21s a full game and then br in the squad at Swansea on Wednesday when either Duffy or gibson will be rested and batth

will come in.

If I am wrong do have a go at me but failure to select a footballer is not a criminal offence.

I doubt very much that will happen. Subject to injuries, DW will simply wheel out the same starting 11.

1 hour ago, BigFish said:

Easy @Samwam27, you say something really stupid before a game. The game proves you wrong and then you double down on the stupidity afterwards. Many of the posters called out really wanted us to lose so they could be proven right. Deep down they are disappointed. If we had lost they would be all over this thread but instead they will wait until the next time we lose and claim they were right all along.

So i say "thankfully the players redeemed themselves" and im.saying something really stupid.

And you know for a fact many posters wanted us to lose. Fact 1 i wanted us to win, regardless of the team played. Fact 2 you have absolutely no idea "many posters wanted us to lose" Did you contact them all personally. No you didn't so your statement is either an opinion, like mine, or equally stupid (apparently like mine) so welcome to my club, you're now officially stupid, and youve proven it d*ckhead

So many people talk absolute **** on here.

Go get a life people. Its football, we win some we lose some.

Even Citeh lost to a team of no hopers today!

@nutty nigel

In the realm of the web, where voices once roared,
An internet forum, in silence it's poured.
For a football team triumphed, their glory proclaimed,
And the forum fell hushed, as if no one remained.

Once bustling with chatter, opinions, and cheers,
Now echoes with stillness, as joy disappears.
The victorious team, in their shining array,
Left the forum deserted, with nothing to say.

No more debates on tactics or players' finesse,
No more heated discussions, no fervent excess.
The quietness settled, a calm after the storm,
As fans basked in the glory, their spirits so warm.

The silence, a tribute to the victors so bold,
Their triumph in football, a tale to be told.
In the hush of the forum, their victory resounds,
A moment of stillness in a digital playground.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Really good performance,  perfect response to last week. My only negative is the amounts of fans who left early around me, bloody applaud your team off the pitch when you've won 2-0!!!

Where do you sit Ken?

23 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...all lost today!

....and your opinion on the team?

Are people only allowed to suggest that Sara should be playing further firward on one of the 'certain times' when you happen to agree?

Do you think the Rowe experiment worked?...whats YOUR opinion, if you have one...or will you brand others as fools too, when you dont have one yourself?

I didnt call you a fool. Not once.

13 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Decent win, much needed. 

Championship in full flow.. two tough back to back away games followed by Leeds United at home. That’ll show us where we really are. 

Will it?

Or will we just be 3 games further on in the 46 game slog.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JamieNorfolk said:

Where do you sit Ken?

Today I was in up the River End, as I had use of a mates ST

Thought Idah had one of this better games today, but as a striker he’s better running onto a forward ball or in the air. Balls to feed his touch really let’s him down. Better though. 

Sara at times was sloppy and that was a 6/10 game from him, shows how good he is as a 7/10 he looks like a rolls Royce in this league. When he hits the 8’s and 9’s he’s unplayable. 

Placheta looked good going forward but let Dimi down a few times in the LB cover. it’s been mentioned a few times how much work has been given on his game, he strikes me to not have a good football brain, like Tzolis. 

I think many are overlooking how solid and good going forward Dimi is at the moment and what he is giving the team. That’s a contract on this run id like to see locked down. 

Seems so odd to me Onel started the season as a starter. 

Fassnacht is always a 6 for me. I don’t see much wrong. Or much positive. He sure lacks pace. 

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

BF never posts before games then comes sniffing about after. Pay him no heed, he provides post match amusement if nothing else 

The thing is Wagner got the tactics right today, I thought he he got the tactics right today before ko as he has pretty much all season. Th eteam selection prompted a bit of outcty, largely overtop, it look pretty foolish and it retrospective it was. Now posters can own they were mistaken or they can admit it. Largely a number deny Wganer's ideas were better than theirs. They would be much more content if we had lost and they could come on here a say I told you so.

6 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

And what does it say to those who played so badly last week.

It says there is no competition, Wagner isnt prepared to rotate or drop.players for those Tperforming well.

Should hqve dropped several for those who played well.midweek

This is the comment that got you marked down as a fool @Samwam27

49 minutes ago, BigFish said:

The thing is Wagner got the tactics right today, I thought he he got the tactics right today before ko as he has pretty much all season. Th eteam selection prompted a bit of outcty, largely overtop, it look pretty foolish and it retrospective it was. Now posters can own they were mistaken or they can admit it. Largely a number deny Wganer's ideas were better than theirs. They would be much more content if we had lost and they could come on here a say I told you so.

Quite happy to point out..and copy/paste, 7 days ago when the line up was announced for Plymouth that plenty were saying (myself included) we cant go with Idah and Hwang as it would leave the midfield exposed and that Forshaw should have played with Sara further forward.

No hindsight there...and look what happened. Wagner got it wrong. People are allowed their opinion.

Did the Rowe 'no.10' experiment work today?...I'd say not. ,we still havent solved the post Sargent Injury condondrum and I will still maintain that moving forward, until injuries subside, our best bet from both a defence and an attacking sense is Forshaw/McLean/Sara....and whos to say that had we have started with that today, we wouldnt still have won?...and maybe even by a bigger margin???

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

20 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Quite happy to point out..and copy/paste, 7 days ago when the line up was announced for Plymouth that plenty were saying (myself included) we cant go with Idah and Hwang as it would leace the midfield exposed and that Forshaw should have played with Sara further forward.

No hindsight there...and look what happened. Wagner got it wrong. People are allowed their opinion.

Did the Rowe 'no.10' experiment work today?...I'd say not. ,we still havent solved the post Sargent Injury condondrum and I will still mainsain that miving forward, until injuries subside, our best bet from both and defence and an attacking sense is Forshaw/McLean/Sara....and whos to say that had we hsve started with that today, we wpuldnt still have won?...and maybe dven by a bigger margin???

I've been saying it for a while as well, so you've got one at least on your side... Deeper Sara works against the lesser teams or with Josh and Barnes up front.  Without them we need his abilities further forward and this season his work rate has improved to offer a bit of the defensive ballast required from the front two but which is lacking in Hwang and Idah and which is absolutely required with our tactical set up.

• Like 1

Better but still unconvincing, brilliant stop by Gunn at 0-0 and then City quickly scored twice and the game was effectively over.   

8 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

Better but still unconvincing, brilliant stop by Gunn at 0-0 and then City quickly scored twice and the game was effectively over.   

The score line flattered us, no way was that a clean sheet worthy performance. Huge improvement needed, I hope Wagner realised that and is actively doing something about it. Yes, there are forward players missing but this is a defensive problem. Just getting Hanley back will not solve it.

Attack is the best form of defense.