4 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

The club decision to sell the silverware this summer and replace with free players at the end of their careers smacks of a lack of ambition. They are extremely lucky that those older heads have played well and results have gone well - otherwise the scenes would have been ugly. 

it’s been a lucky start not ambition that has saved the clubs blushes. It really is time the owners sold up - the cupboard is clearly bare 

What a negative attitude you have. Andy O was not silverware as he wasn't first choice,  and with the club in debt bringing money in was good business. 

A lucky start? Omg can't you see the improvement in every player,  the style,  the confidence and big personal Improvements to some,  all down to good coaching?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

I was hoping Webber would of signed a couple of gems for the future maybe loan back to the club with the extra money that came in 

like we will sign who we did but if we sell andy o we will buy 2 for future and keep rest of cash 

like a youngster from the Scottish league or lower league for example like we did with Maddison from Coventry 

the only advantage of having cash is if club needs money or a great start for new DOF

Fisher?

Ogwuru? 

Lima? 

Manning? 

Adegboyega? 

are these not young players who could be future Gems? 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mrD66M said:

Have we actually paid a transfer fee for anyone aside from Fassnacht?

It would help if the list stated clearly which players in the "IN" are loans with no option to buy..

Screenshot_20230902-101946_Samsung Internet.jpg

The only official statement you will ever see is the post balance sheet events note to the financial statements that will be released in November this year. Even then they only will give an aggregate figure, so allocating them on a player by player basis will be difficult. Such is modern football club transparency.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Why would it be to my annoyance? As for improved the team it’s easy to judge after 4 or 5 games, wait and see at the end of the season, rather than judge so quickly surely?

God I hate people like you who are probably never happy in their life,  always "what if ?" And constantly trying to drag people around you down. Are you a ST holder,  or just like to be miserable? 

The club decision to sell the silverware this summer and replace with free players at the end of their careers smacks of a lack of ambition. They are extremely lucky that those older heads have played well and results have gone well - otherwise the scenes would have been ugly. 

it’s been a lucky start not ambition that has saved the clubs blushes. It really is time the owners sold up - the cupboard is clearly bare 

Christ, do you actually believe what you write?

2 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Why would it be to my annoyance? As for improved the team it’s easy to judge after 4 or 5 games, wait and see at the end of the season, rather than judge so quickly surely?

I genuinely find it funny. You guys grasp for any hint of negativity like a starving man grasping for a peanut. It's fine though, i think psychologists call it "negativity bias" in which certain personalities always assume the worst, the pay off being that if the worst happens they are both prepared for it, and can parade around pointing out how right they were. One of my best friends is like this, it's just funny when it's so damn obvious!

Edited by Mr.Carrow
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Fisher?

Ogwuru? 

Lima? 

Manning? 

Adegboyega? 

Not to mention that Hills, Shipley and Kamara are out on loan, Warner's coming up.....and you missed Reyes out of that list too. There's been plenty of focus on potential young talent.

• Like 1

Absolute joke... got to be... you can't be serious!

Oh... you are?

Oh dear.

25 minutes ago, Jason Shackell’s Limp Tack said:

If you post such deliberately antagonistic and thoughtless posts, expect to be shot at. The transfer window of 2 years ago was abysmal. This summer anything but. 

Good point - transfer business for us is, and has been under SW, a very delicate balance between the needs of the here and now (building a team that can compete for promotion, playing the kind of football fans want to see, without sacrificing economical viability) versus the future needs (having young players that can generate substantial income for the club if sold).

Trimming the 'fat' by letting non-starting players (Krul, Aarons, Milot, Omo, Mumba) go AND making moderate profit - is good business. Buying a few youngsters with future potential on free / relatively cheap deals is good business. Stabilising the present needs of the squad with shrewd acquisitions and short term loans is... you guessed it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Not to mention that Hills, Shipley and Kamara are out on loan, Warner's coming up.....and you missed Reyes out of that list too. There's been plenty of focus on potential young talent.

That’s the key for our future survival, we need to keep producing the occasional gem to balance the books without promotion.

But we do have a good core of great young players as recent results have shown and who knows if MA can just keep the club going without the need to sell we could start to build a Brighton dynasty and wait to sell for a far bigger price!  

Certainly not all doom at all, more a solid summer than a spectacular one! But maybe that’s what’s required.

47 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

God I hate people like you who are probably never happy in their life,  always "what if ?" And constantly trying to drag people around you down. Are you a ST holder,  or just like to be miserable? 

Nah he gave up his season ticket because he didn't like the look of Norwich in Farke's first season, so he's understandably salty having missed out on some of the best football  we've seen in 20 years or so 😄 

Just now, hogesar said:

Nah he gave up his season ticket because he didn't like the look of Norwich in Farke's first season, so he's understandably salty having missed out on some of the best football  we've seen in 20 years or so 😄 

Gotta admit though, some of the football in that first Farke season was pretty soporific! Thought it was fairly clear what Farke was trying to do early doors, but it took a long time for the penny to drop with many.

1 hour ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Fisher?

Ogwuru? 

Lima? 

Manning? 

Adegboyega? 

Yes i agree do you want to settle for just those or do you want money in the bank ?

i am happy with transfers for first team but we need to get as many of the players like your list as possible ,

my point was as we had money coming in we could get more of the likes in maybe some that cost 200k etc each which maybe out of reach before 

i am not talking silly money but our scouts should know who is getting talked about lower down the leagues in under 23's under 18's 

we could of invested 10 /15 % of andy O money in some of them 

the more youngsters we have like you say the more chance of hitting more silverware 

Edited by norfolkngood

5 hours ago, Herman said:

There's a massive difference between asking critical questions and constantly whinging like a little kid.

Add disappearing when we put together a run of good results to that. DCB has magically reappeared on here now there’s something to complain about.

4 hours ago, Indy said:

Dowell was free and Cantwell had to be sold or he’d have gone on a free too!

I get your beef as I’m also a little underwhelmed with yesterday and anyone saying otherwise is not being fully truthful. But the summer has certainly addressed issues we had and we do have some very strong characters now who motivate this squad! Something we lacked!

I do however agree it’s a challenge to our club financially as we borrowed on the last parachute payments, we generated £10 million share issue from MA, we’ve sold over £40 million pounds worth of young talent, all who either needed to go or deserved their move we cannot complain that we sold all that have gone, but the lack of spending into the first team is the only question which could be thrown at the club……but then if they can gain promotion on a budget like we’ve done previously then that’s how we jive!

"I’m also a little underwhelmed with yesterday and anyone saying otherwise is not being fully truthful". How the hell do you know what many thousands of Norwich fans around the world are thinking?. You are well within your rights to speak for yourself, but do not speak for me, personally I have absolutely no issues with our business yesterday and I am being 100% truthful when I say that. In case you are a visionary got any tips for the hosses today?............oh............and tonights winning lottery numbers please...........

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I was referring to the coffers. This summer we sold Max, Rashica, Krul, Todd, Dowell and Omo- seemingly to balance the books. What do we have to show for it? Not a lot .  Sheesh

We have a very good team to show for it.

I was referring to the coffers. This summer we sold Max, Rashica, Krul, Todd, Dowell and Omo- seemingly to balance the books. What do we have to show for it? Not a lot .  Sheesh

What do we have to show for it? Well, a team that is playing far better football than what it was when those players were on the pitch last season. 

I am happy to engage with you on this. From my perspective I am not that worried we sold Omo as he was not featuring much in league games and would probably be 4th choice if Hanley was fit, we have signed experienced cover so we really are no worse off in the CB department than we were before yesterday. We signed experienced cover whilst Sarge recovers from injury so again I am not overly concerned about our striking options. I think it is harsh to say that 6 games unbeaten is lucky, I am not naive enough to think we will not lose games this season but the blend of youth and experience appears to be working and there is no doubt that the steel we now have down the spine of the team was needed and very much absent last season. By just concentrating on yesterday it ignores the number of young players that we have signed that have gone into the development squad. I share your frustration about the lack of money available to the club but it is what it is, lets see how things progress off the field before making any sort of judgement call. It is far too early in the season to say where we will be at the end of the season, personally I am not getting carried away by our start nor am I downbeat about our chances of promotion, as ever we will all have a better idea of our prospects after Christmas...........

4 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Despite all the acclaim re: Duffy, Barnes and Stacey I have a quiet felling that Fassnacht will be our star incomer. There's something canny about that player.

Said exactly the same on another thread. He looks the business to me. Just needs to adapt to the speed of English football and he'll be our signing of the season, I think.

4 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

"I’m also a little underwhelmed with yesterday and anyone saying otherwise is not being fully truthful". How the hell do you know what many thousands of Norwich fans around the world are thinking?. You are well within your rights to speak for yourself, but do not speak for me, personally I have absolutely no issues with our business yesterday and I am being 100% truthful when I say that. In case you are a visionary got any tips for the hosses today?............oh............and tonights winning lottery numbers please...........

Hit a nerve have I? 

And get it right I’m a mind reader not a fortune teller 😂😂

Edited by Indy

3 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Guess what I am thinking right now..............

**** we lost! Still I’ll have a beer and chill!

6 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Close, but no cigar........

Of course no cigar we didn’t win!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

We have bodies in the building and can cover the immediate injury problems, i.e Hanley and Sargent with no issues.

Potentially £20m coming in for Omo, which can be used in January if needs be. Absolutely no reason why we cannot sustain a promotion challenge now.

Having said all that really looking forward to the new Sporting Director and seeing his long term strategy for the club and of course getting this bloody takeover over the line.

Over to you Wagner.

That money has gone , it will cover running costs . It was 11 million.  

12 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

I don’t think we’re showing a lack of ambition. I think we’ve been shrewd and sensible. Aaron’s was clearly finished with us, Omo is a great prospect but that’s all, I think unfortunately for him he’s going to be an injury prone player who’ll end up in the championship again within 2-3 years and the signings we’ve made a largely proven players that can operate for us in the here and now. Yesterdays deals are, granted a little uneciting but they’re are sensible and decent for what what we need right now.

All is fine I think. We’re 2nd in the league and scoring goals, not much to complain about right now in my book.

Omo was a great prospect but that's all. And how do you think we can build a team to actually compete against relegation in the prem? We know we can't buy players good enough to hit the ground running in the prem. So your ambition is a championship club? That is reality not ambition.  

12 hours ago, AJ said:

The reality is our parachute payments end this season so we need to balance the books in case we don't achieve promotion. It's not lack of ambition, it's actually very sensible 

Parachute payments never counted,  we borrowed against it , we had to sell the 3 players to pay for running costs , we probably got 20 million in , that seems about the sum we normally need to keep the club going. We aren't sitting on ten million to buy players in January like others think , that's a dream.  

Kevin Keegan style, I going to love I’m mean luv, the negativity that will seep out because we’ve lost a game. Wow. Woe is us, the board are worse that Oyston etc etc. A point today would of surprised me knowing a little bit about this division. The My football writer keyboards are tapping like made this weekend.