2 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

It’s football. That’s life.

This is true but the fact we scored shouldn’t mean he should go unpunished.

19 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I'm still angry at the way he was grappled from behind by a goalkeeper who had no chance of getting to the ball, who in the process caused a bad injury.

8 hours ago, AJ said:

The fact the keeper wasn't booked was yet another great example of utter awful refereeing. Yeah the keeper didn't intend to hurt him I'm sure but that's a foul all day long

Suppose there's only really two outcomes. The ball misses the goal and the keeper get's sent off and we get a penalty. The ball goes in and we get a goal and the ref ignores the goalies foul.

We got the second outcome. Not the first time this has happened, ball goes in the net and the ref tends to ignore a challenge that took place just prior.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

To be honest I don't really think the keeper does much wrong, he's making a pretty desperate attempt for the ball but I'd expect most players in that situation to do the exact same thing, just unfortunate that his weight meets Sargent's at the exact wrong time! Not sure what retrospective action should be deserved really?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

To be honest I don't really think the keeper does much wrong, he's making a pretty desperate attempt for the ball but I'd expect most players in that situation to do the exact same thing, just unfortunate that his weight meets Sargent's at the exact wrong time! Not sure what retrospective action should be deserved really?

Absolutely, there’s no malice and had that been Gunn we’d not expect anything retrospectively. Just utter bad luck.

11 minutes ago, Indy said:

Absolutely, there’s no malice and had that been Gunn we’d not expect anything retrospectively. Just utter bad luck.

Hmm. From some angles it looks like he shoves Josh in the back, causing him to fall badly and sustain the injury. More than bad luck in my book.

1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

This is the correct answer. I really wish people wouldn't scream "it's not fair" quite so f.....g much.

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Suppose there's only really two outcomes. The ball misses the goal and the keeper get's sent off and we get a penalty. The ball goes in and we get a goal and the ref ignores the goalies foul.

We got the second outcome. Not the first time this has happened, ball goes in the net and the ref tends to ignore a challenge that took place just prior.

Rules are the other way. Either a penalty and no card, or a goal and a yellow card. Would never have been a red in either circumstances as it was a "genuine attempt to play the ball"

8 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

It’s football. That’s life.

Yes, and in life we sometimes feel aggrieved. I watched from the away end and it looked a foul in the box. 

Doesn't matter if the goallie was punished or not, Sarge would still have been injured.

Football without fouls would be extremely boring.

• Like 1

So we won't see him again this year then!

Think we really need another striker in. We've made a good start and look as though we could do something this season. It would be reckless to go with just 2 recognised strikers, especially with Idah's injury record.

This is not the time for penny pinching.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

With the momentum we have it feels pretty crucial to sign a replacement ?!

Yes in my view. We can't have our season defined by an injury to one player.

We're creating chances and getting crosses into the box. We need a striker who's good with his bonce.

Hammer blow, gutted for Josh, just as him and Barnes were blossoming 😞 We simply have to bring in a replacement, but you do worry the "go with what we have" lines will be trotted out. 

1 minute ago, Spillay said:

Hammer blow, gutted for Josh, just as him and Barnes were blossoming 😞 We simply have to bring in a replacement, but you do worry the "go with what we have" lines will be trotted out. 

I’d like to think for once we’d try and get someone in but on all known previous form we probably won’t.

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Sold Hugill too quickly, didn't we?

No time for jokes 

Gotta go for someone like Kienan Davies surely? Available for £2m and knows the league well. Would be great foil for likes of Fassnacht, Rowe and Sainz to feed off

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Gotta go for someone like Kienan Davies surely? Available for £2m and knows the league well. Would be great foil for likes of Fassnacht, Rowe and Sainz to feed off

Good shout

25 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Yeah.

26 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Yeah.

Sadly this was what i was expecting, purely based on to many fans thinking  maybe a couple weeks to a month or two..i posted earlier if it should become 3 to 6 months then surely we do need another striker in...but its a hard call maybe for DW as the goals are coming from  such a mix of guys..but  whatever  its decided there is very little time left. But months and months  with only 2 recognised strikers feels like a real gamble to me.

On 28/08/2023 at 16:23, shefcanary said:

Hmmm, pinch of salt with this. Horsford Chairman,why should he have knowledge of this,and if he has been given knowledge, not sure he'd go public! BS! 

There you have it then.

3 minutes ago, Browno said:

There you have it then.

I was going to bring it up but thought I wouldn't. Know you can be trusted.

Lucky it’s happened now not next week. Surely got to use the window to get another body in now? Surely some prem striker desperate for a move on deadline day?