Ashwood

Will our game on Sunday go ahead ?

22 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Opened a thread on a perceived fixture clash.

Found an image and angry message on WW2 death tolls.

Classic Pink Un, well done everyone.

Don't mention the war, I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it......................

• Haha 1

Perhaps we can discuss the relationship between Franco and Hitler and the significance of Guernica in relation to Sunday's match?

I wonder if Franco and Hitler would support moving our game to 3pm Saturday which is when it should be played anyway. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Looking forward to our game on Sunday at Carrow Road.. People have a choice, it's not that difficult surely..... you can always record the game to watch at home after we beat Millwall.

Or if you’re that way inclined watch the Final and record our game 🙂

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Absolutely... choices choices

35 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Do you really think that's funny? Or for that matter, does it help? No it doesn't, it's just silly and creates unnecessary division and unpleasantness. 

Bit like the over use of the term "Woke".... I just don't think it's offensive and it's just poking a bit of fun at a term... So no I don't find it at all offensive.

• Confused 1

I understand moving the game is out of the clubs control but I would hope they would make some announcement about showing the first half in the stadium if not on the big screen if they can 

28 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I wonder if Franco and Hitler would support moving our game to 3pm Saturday which is when it should be played anyway. 

Sealion was put back to a later date apparently.

31 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Blimey, now it's Franco. I hadn't expected the Spanish Inquisition 

21 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

20 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Absolutely... choices choices

All these First World problems, eh…..how do we sleep at night ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Sealion was put back to a later date apparently.

Well that's because they don't like it up 'em. I know that's true because my butcher told me...

Mrs nutty never has a problem if her soaps clash. She seems to think it's possible to watch both games on Sunday. Women definitely seem more resourceful about such things.

This thread is a definite return to form for the Pinkun !

Googling the question about the final clashing with league games, this seems to be the only place where it's being discussed that I can find, so moving our game seems unlikely to happen, which personally I think is a shame.

If the Lionesses take the lead in the 2nd half, will the screams from the bars and the terraces affect what is happening on the pitch at the Carra? Especially if it is Hemp that scores? Will the stewards be under orders to stop any untoward noisy support of the Lionesses? 

Edited by shefcanary
Irony alert! ;)

What is the real interest in this game?

Is it a genuine interest in the ladies game or is it the patriotism, the hype of being our first world cup final since 1966? I suppose they go hand in hand at the moment and everything is hyped up out of all proportion these days in any case.

Quite frankly, I had previously had no interest whatsoever in the ladies game and didn't even know there was a tournament looming until the publicity took hold.

I have watched and enjoyed the last two games (and there is always that extra lure when up against any Australian in sport.)  The quality 'aint at all that bad and I can appreciate enthusiasm for this form of the beautiful game, but it ends there for me.

I cannot see myself going out of the way to watch much any more. 

I'll eagerly await the result of the final and would love victory as much as the next person but the thought of forgoing the opportunity to watch Norwich City on Sunday in favour of watching England Ladies versus Spanish ladies is out of the question, and I'm on board, but many more will not be and any re-scheduling will probably go down badly, not that it will happen.  

Come on the Lionesses you can do it without me.             

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

If moving our game is the desired outcome it's no use whining on here or moaning about 'the club'. Contact Sky TV who have the ultimate say on everything. I'm sure they have a customer service number.

If England win on Sunday the pressure is then off Southgates and his squad in 2026 since England will have won the World Cup last. The echos of 66 will be at last dealt with. I can hear the pundits now "It's been 3 years since England last won the world cup" or have to keep inserting "mens" into every sentence.

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

What is the real interest in this game?

Is it a genuine interest in the ladies game or is it the patriotism, the hype of being our first world cup final since 1966? I suppose they go hand in hand at the moment and everything is hyped up out of all proportion these days in any case.

Quite frankly, I had previously had no interest whatsoever in the ladies game and didn't even know there was a tournament looming until the publicity took hold.

I have watched and enjoyed the last two games (and there is always that extra lure when up against any Australian in sport.)  The quality 'aint at all that bad and I can appreciate enthusiasm for this form of the beautiful game, but it ends there for me.

I cannot see myself going out of the way to watch much any more. 

I'll eagerly await the result of the final and would love victory as much as the next person but the thought of forgoing the opportunity to watch Norwich City on Sunday in favour of watching England Ladies versus Spanish ladies is out of the question, and I'm on board, but many more will not be and any re-scheduling will probably go down badly, not that it will happen.  

Come on the Lionesses you can do it without me.             

Nooooo, I was really confident that England would win on Sunday, but now you aren't watching I really don't think they'll be able to do it.

53 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

If moving our game is the desired outcome it's no use whining on here or moaning about 'the club'. Contact Sky TV who have the ultimate say on everything. I'm sure they have a customer service number.

They do its ...5318008 ; best viewed upside down on a calculator.  

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

Nooooo, I was really confident that England would win on Sunday, but now you aren't watching I really don't think they'll be able to do it.

Live with it.

58 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

the hype of being our first world cup final since 1966?

In 2017 England won the U20's world cup 

2 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Edited by Conrad

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Blimey, now it's Franco. I hadn't expected the Spanish Inquisition 

Have we mentioned Torqumada yet?

7 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Have we mentioned Torqumada yet?

Oh God. Poor Essex has apparently just alleged that the England Ladies team are witches. This won't end well. 

Well I for one hate women’s football. For two  main reasons. They aren’t real women and it isn’t football . Also (three main reasons) these women couldn’t  give Garboldisham a run  and Serena Williams (four main reasons) couldn’t do a keepy uppy if she tried. 
Women’s football (hilarious in itself) is boring , dull and most certainly IS NOT FOOTBALL . 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

8 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Oh God. Poor Essex has apparently just alleged that the England Ladies team are witches. This won't end well. 

Typical Trumpist false news.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Well I for one hate women’s football. For two  main reasons. They aren’t real women and it isn’t football . Also (three main reasons) these women couldn’t  give Garboldisham a run  and Serena Williams (four main reasons) couldn’t do a keepy uppy if she tried. 
Women’s football (hilarious in itself) is boring , dull and most certainly IS NOT FOOTBALL . 

The last of a dying breed right here