Just wow, 14 year old boys.

Crawl back in your cave.

Apologies they were 15. But not that special either

Ditto reply to Feedthewolf

Edited by ron obvious
  • Haha 1

Just now, nutty nigel said:

And there it is.

Do you know all this TV money has done nothing to add value to anything in my life. Do you enjoy games more because sky etc pay the bill? I certainly don't. Did you enjoy watching Wes Hoolahan more than Tommy Bryceland because he was paid more money? Is the value of supporting your football team now dependent on other people's money?

Fact is, much of the crowd on Sunday wouldn't know who Tommy was let alone see him play. 

That Sky are involved in football is just a fact of life. And the money may well have saved us from administration.

In terms of personal enjoyment, I can't speak for anyone else. There is nothingmthat matches being at a game. My situation is that I am privileged to get to away games which when you win are second to none for enjoyment. The travelling is well worth it.

I guess if I hadn't left Norwich, I might have been sat next to you or Ricardo or Til. A different experience from an away game.

I pay for Sky because there is more than me to consider in my house. And I use a stream when we aren't on. 

3 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

“Female 100m runners shouldn’t bother because the men are faster”

Ron Obvious - Low Testosterone weirdo - 2023

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Why do you ask questions to which you know the answer? Seems a peculiar use of your time. Why not find something more enjoyable to do? There's a World Cup on, for a start.

I don't know the answer unless it's that I should have empathy for you and tolerate angry Dan because you have to choose and can't have it all your own way?

11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I think it's you that needs to read the history book......

Why? Did the Russians side with the nazis during world war 2?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Just now, nutty nigel said:

I don't know the answer unless it's that I should have empathy for you and tolerate angry Dan because you have to choose and can't have it all your own way?

Lol.

NUTTY: I don't like women's football so I don't care in the slightest that some season ticket holders are going to have to choose between two things they're desperate to witness

ME: It's not on that Sky are forcing people to make this choice

NUTTY: Oh, grumpy because you can't have it all your own way?

Cool story bro.

10 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Lol.

NUTTY: I don't like women's football so I don't care in the slightest that some season ticket holders are going to have to choose between two things they're desperate to witness

Cool story bro.

Mister neutral is at it again

7 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Lol.

Cool story bro.

Soo many assumptions you're becoming desperate Dan.

At no point have I said I didn't like women's football. 

I've made my choice. You'll have to make yours.

I have empathy with season ticket holders who can't go because Sky moved the game from the original Saturday. Not with Desperate Dan who wants it all done to suit himself...

19 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

“Female 100m runners shouldn’t bother because the men are faster”

Ron Obvious - Low Testosterone weirdo - 2023

They should do what the hell they like. i just don't see the point in watching people do something they're not very good at.

Edited by ron obvious

21 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Fact is, much of the crowd on Sunday wouldn't know who Tommy was let alone see him play. 

That Sky are involved in football is just a fact of life. And the money may well have saved us from administration.

In terms of personal enjoyment, I can't speak for anyone else. There is nothingmthat matches being at a game. My situation is that I am privileged to get to away games which when you win are second to none for enjoyment. The travelling is well worth it.

I guess if I hadn't left Norwich, I might have been sat next to you or Ricardo or Til. A different experience from an away game.

I pay for Sky because there is more than me to consider in my house. And I use a stream when we aren't on. 

In that case all the clubs would be in administration. So we could start afresh. Job's a good un.

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Soo many assumptions you're becoming desperate Dan.

Assumptions? Are you paying attention to what you've been posting?

Classic I'm alright Jack. Are you a boomer by any chance? 

5 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

They should do what the hell they like. i just don't see the point in watching people do something they're not very good at.

Like watching Championship football?

5 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I know exactly what I've posted. It's my life and I know what I do with it. I haven't watched any of the womens football. I also haven't watched any of the mens football. Or any Rugby. I went to the Hull game. And watched the Southampton highlihts on youtube.

Oh and not having empathy for your awful predicament is hardly being "I'm alright Jack'.

Edited by nutty nigel

9 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

She never touched it, did she? No matter how hard you tried.

Look lads, you've got to accept that if you want to watch women's football that the Nazis would have won WW2.

I don't make the rules.

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, 09021980 said:

Like watching Championship football?

All things are relative. But the gap between the top level men's game & the Championship is vastly less than from there to women's football. And the Champs can be pretty dire at times - at others it comes pretty close to the best.

32 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Why? Did the Russians side with the nazis during world war 2?

Initially they did, the Nazis and the Russians carved up Poland between them, the Russians executed nearly 22,000 Polish officers, it was only when Hitler reneged on his deal with Stalin and invaded Russia that they started fighting against the Germans........

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

Look lads, you've got to accept that if you want to watch women's football that the Nazis would have won WW2.

I don't make the rules.

We cancelled loads of football matches during WWII, too. Probably made the difference in the end.

14 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I would guess this chap is over 35, so in your eyes he is a 'boomer'.

I have no interest in women's football so don't watch. However,I can't avoid it in the media though. Nor the absurd delusion that it  is on par with the mens game. It is not. Most would struggle in the old North Norfolk league.  It is a novelty event.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

All things are relative. But the gap between the top level men's game & the Championship is vastly less than from there to women's football. And the Champs can be pretty dire at times - at others it comes pretty close to the best.

I must admit, I believe a male goalkeeper would probably have caught Kerr's shot. But that didn't detract from the fact that Kerr hit it well. Its a bit like the curate's egg. You have to take what you can out of the game. And today's was, slightly nervy in parts, but an illustration of two sides playing different styles and the better team winning and a good degree of excitement if you accept the level it is at.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I know exactly what I've posted. It's my life and I know what I do with it. I haven't watched any of the womens football. I also haven't watched any of the mens football. Or any Rugby. I went to the Hull game. And watched the Southampton highlihts on youtube.

Oh and not having empathy for your awful predicament is hardly being "I'm alright Jack'.

That's exactly what it is. You're not bothered about the Women's World Cup so you greet the predicament that season ticket holders who are well into it with a shrug of the shoulders. You're more annoyed about it being moved to Sunday at 12pm because YOU prefer the Saturday 3pm kickoff than you are the fact that other people, regardless of what they choose, are going to have to miss something they are desperate to watch.

I'm alright jack.

1 minute ago, RobJames said:

I have no interest in women's football so don't watch. However,I can't avoid it in the media though. Nor the absurd delusion that it  is on par with the mens game. It is not. Most would struggle in the old North Norfolk league.  It is a novelty event.

If you are watching a team based purely on ability why don’t you just support Man City? They are better than Norwich.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

We cancelled loads of football matches during WWII, too. Probably made the difference in the end.

We played the Germans on Xmas Day when there was a truce in WWI.

They beat us on penalties.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

That's exactly what it is. You're not bothered about the Women's World Cup so you greet the predicament that season ticket holders who are well into it with a shrug of the shoulders. You're more annoyed about it being moved to Sunday at 12pm because YOU prefer the Saturday 3pm kickoff than you are the fact that other people, regardless of what they choose, are going to have to miss something they are desperate to watch.

I'm alright jack.

No.

My first suggestion was that it would be better to move the game back to 3pm on Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

We played the Germans on Xmas Day when there was a truce in WWI.

They beat us on penalties.

Yeah, but that game was worse quality than the North Norfolk league. And the pitch was rubbish. Not interested.

2 minutes ago, RobJames said:

I'm over 35.

In terms of ability, no one thinks women's football is on a par with the men's game.

You have no interest in women's football but still comment on it on an internet forum.

Be interesting when over 20 million people in the UK and more than 50 million worldwide tune in to watch a "novelty event".

Other than that champ, you did really well with that post.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

No.

My first suggestion was that it would be better to move the game back to 3pm on Saturday. 

Yes, I know. I even referenced that in the post you quoted.

Definite boomer.

51 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

For no other reason but to put some context around this, it was seven years ago and  non of the overseas based Australian women were playing in this game. I would suggest that their current team would have stuck 6 or 7 past the team in the video........

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Yes, I know. I even referenced that in the post you quoted.

Definite boomer.

Yet all you do is 'wa wa wa I want it all to go my way'.

When do you think sky should move the game? So it clashes with other Sky games? After all the Sky games? Bring it forward to 8am? Do away with it altogether? All so you can have your cake and eat it Jack...