Ashwood

Will our game on Sunday go ahead ?

Jesus....its 45 mins of football...watch the first half in the bar and the the second half on your phones during the first half of norwich v millwall

How did this country ever win 2 world wars?!?

...as Roy Keane would say...'babies'..

• Thanks 1

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Jesus....its 45 mins of football...watch the first half in the bar and the the second half on your phones during the first half of norwich v millwall

First of all, phone signal in Carrow road, have you ever actually been?

second of all, people that watch their phones while a games going on? That’s a low IQ “I play FIFA” moment right there.

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

First of all, phone signal in Carrow road, have you ever actually been?

second of all, people that watch their phones while a games going on? That’s a low IQ “I play FIFA” moment right there.

Well listen to it on the radio...

...this is pitiful stuff

• Like 1

It takes all sorts I suppose but England Women could be playing a World Cup Final on my front lawn and I would still be off to CR.

I hope they win but it wouldn't  cross my mind for an instant to watch that instead of NCFC.

I can't see how this is any sort of dilemma but as I said , it takes all sorts.

Edited by ricardo
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Watch the first half in the bar...and the second half on BBC I player in the stands. 

Or watch the whole game in the bar and watch the 2nd half of norwich v millwall in the stands

Theres a way...theres a choice

For some , its not even a consideration that this game should be affected in anyway

It has already has been affected, it was meant to be on Saturday, now it is Sunday, presumably so people can watch it in a bar/on a phone/from an armchair/on a train/whilst taking a dump etc, etc, etc........

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

48 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

From a purely selfish point of view I'll be gutted if its moved, I have a family event on the Saturday so was delighted it was moved to the Sunday as it means I can go. Similarly I have to take my daughter to Stanstead in the evening so a delay of a couple of hours again means non attendance of the match.

I get why people want it changed, but it holds zero interest for me (no I'm not one of these female game haters it just bores me) hence why I never join in the discussions on the woman's version of the game the same as I don't F1, as I don't understand those who have to pick on it and compare it to the men. 

From a purely selfish point of view, I hope it is moved. I won't be in the country so will miss the game anyway, and with it being impossible to move to a different day at this short notice (and also tricky to put back a few hours as well), it would benefit me massively if it were moved. 

If it's not moved, I've got a straight choice between watching the England game or the Norwich match, and I'll definitely choose the latter. Club before country every time.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

And award for the biggest non sequitur of the day goes to...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Well listen to it on the radio...

...this is pitiful stuff

You listen, canary caller.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

In World War I, the Allies secured victory by leveraging their industrial and numerical advantages, coordinating their efforts effectively, and exploiting the Central Powers' weaknesses.

In World War II, the Allies won through combined military strategy, technological innovation, superior industrial production, and the determination to defeat Axis aggression on multiple fronts, ultimately leading to the collapse of Axis powers' military and economic capabilities.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Pyro Pete said:

In World War I, the Allies secured victory by leveraging their industrial and numerical advantages, coordinating their efforts effectively, and exploiting the Central Powers' weaknesses.

In World War II, the Allies won through combined military strategy, technological innovation, superior industrial production, and the determination to defeat Axis aggression on multiple fronts, ultimately leading to the collapse of Axis powers' military and economic capabilities.

Hope that helps.

Yeah, but what did Roy Keane have to say about it?.............

1 minute ago, Pyro Pete said:

Hope that helps.

Don't forget the help from the French resistence, America, Russia, Polish resistence and many others.

Just now, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

“Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato”

Roy Keane - 2023

• Haha 1

Life is built on choices, sometimes things happen at the same time as other things. 

Last year some non-football-versed friends booked an escape room at the same time as Cardiff H. Did that instead, got a record time. Such is life. 

1 minute ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

It's their jobs 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Hope that helps.

You forgot to mention my dad in 1940, standing behind one strand of barbed wire on Skegness beach with a carving knife taped to a broom handle.

I'm  sure it made a difference 

Edited by ricardo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Life is built on choices, sometimes things happen at the same time as other things. 

Last year some non-football-versed friends booked an escape room at the same time as Cardiff H. Did that instead, got a record time. Such is life. 

And sometimes Sky move games with a massive lack of foresight creating a situation that didn’t need to exist at all.

Edited by The Real Buh

The Arch bishop of Cant. has just announced that all church services have been cancelled this Sunday. Though churches will be open for prayers, and the collection plate will still be passed round.

25 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

This country didn't win 2 World Wars. Read a history book for God's sake 

25 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Oh, OK. If that's what it is to you then **** it, it's just another item in the TV listings.

I can't stand Rugby Union, but if England make the final I will understand it's a justifiably massive event and not just something on the TV.

And I will reiterate, it's not just the "TV audience"; Norwich City season ticket holders are the ones who are most annoyed about the clash. 

Well it appears to me you're annoyed at me about the clash. You don't get to have a say on what I like to watch on tv just like I don't get a say on when games I've brought a ticket for are played.

4 hours ago, NFN FC said:

As it's a completely different sport

A different sport?  All governed by the FA? Surely it's the same sport just a different different competition.

Given how infrequently we make world finals in our most watched national sport a delay would be reasonable.   

However I agree that the game or ko time is unlikely to be moved.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Hope that helps.

Fairly sure we were part of this aforementioned 'allies'..

6 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Coming from someone who would deny that Russia was on the good guys side of the winners table..

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Well it appears to me you're annoyed at me about the clash. You don't get to have a say on what I like to watch on tv just like I don't get a say on when games I've brought a ticket for are played.

No, I've never claimed to. What an odd response to my post. But not surprising, given the brazen, and slightly smug, lack of empathy.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

I really doubt Sky have moved our game with Millwall for the viewing audience. And now apart from us and them, nobody else will be watching us either.

And as much as you do not have or like Sky etc, they are the ones paying the bills. Well £40M this season. Ask the board what they would prefer.

And there it is.

Do you know all this TV money has done nothing to add value to anything in my life. Do you enjoy games more because sky etc pay the bill? I certainly don't. Did you enjoy watching Wes Hoolahan more than Tommy Bryceland because he was paid more money? Is the value of supporting your football team now dependent on other people's money?

9 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

No, I've never claimed to. What an odd response to my post. But not surprising, given the brazen, and slightly smug, lack of empathy.

Empathy for what?

10 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Irony meter just went off the scale.......:classic_smile:

Edited by lake district canary

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:
18 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Coming from someone who would deny that Russia was on the good guys side of the winners table..

I think it's you that needs to read the history book......

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Empathy for what?

Why do you ask questions to which you know the answer? Seems a peculiar use of your time. Why not find something more enjoyable to do? There's a World Cup on, for a start.

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Irony meter just went off the scale.......:classic_smile:

Did you write the Alanis Morissette song?