Besiktas.

I can't believe Milo is much impressed with that bearing in mind he's been all summer pining for Gala. At least he gets to see the other half of Istanbul and the Euro Conference League.

Undisclosed fee as well. Usually means **** all.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Besiktas.

I can't believe Milo is much impressed with that bearing in mind he's been all summer pining for Gala. At least he gets to see the other half of Istanbul and the Euro Conference League.

Undisclosed fee as well. Usually means **** all.

4.5 million we were never going to get our money back ,

Any fee is a bonus ,time to move on terrible signing  

• Like 1

"Relatively" close after add-ons?  Probably should've just sold to Gala at the same price and he could've gone back to the club he craved.

What an absolute cockup he's been, shame as he has the ability.  Just glad that we've got players like Rowe, Fasi and Sainz to progress us forwards, it makes this debacle a little more palatable.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Splendid news, goes down as Webbers worst signing?

Nah, at least he scored in the Prem. Tzolis I would say is worse given the hype and cost and the fizzle out 

4 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Splendid news, goes down as Webbers worst signing?

There always has to be a best or worst of anything, but Rashica did show something about him whilst we were in the Prem.

If you include loans then I think Mathias Normann was an absolute stinker.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

There always has to be a best or worst of anything, but Rashica did show something about him whilst we were in the Prem.

Hang on… we’ve both completely forgotten…

Billy Gilmour! :  D

4 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Yeah but he would walk into the England team.

Apparently.

Edited by Capt. Pants
  • Haha 1

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Yeah but he would walk into the England team.

Rashica and Tzolis both bad signings ,

also was Hayden for me was bad signing ,

very bad injury before he came here and didn't even have a clause that we could send him back if he got injured again,

which of course he did ,

that transfer window was Webber's worst ,

i am sure if he had got those 3 Big signings right how much better the team would have looked 

Isn’t joining Besiktas after playing for Gaka last year, like leaving City to join Pisswich?  

3 hours ago, kirku said:

An admirable attempt to rhyme anything with Bosphorus

Preposterous.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Thanks for that, I'd completely wiped him from my memory, of course wee Krankie is the worst

46 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Normann was easily our best player for the first three months of the season when he was arsed, so it's a bit harsh to say he was an 'absolute stinker'. Signing him on loan instead of a permanent was in fact a masterstroke.

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

According to Transfermarket, we paid !! million euro for him (on a four year contract) and recouped 5.25. which means that we have approximately "broken even" with amortisation taken into account.

I agree with you, I'm glad to have got rid of him and suspect that a reasonably successful loan last year will have helped.

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

to be fair how much did we pay upfront  and how much was reliant on performance

add in the loan fee from last season and we are proberly evens ish

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Normann… Signing him on loan instead of a permanent was in fact a masterstroke.

Ditto Kabak, though at least Kabak’s marauding adventures were entertaining for the first 2 seconds. 

4 hours ago, duke63 said:

Isn’t joining Besiktas after playing for Gaka last year, like leaving City to join Pisswich?  

Yes.

But even more like expecting to go to Liverpool but ending up at Everton instead.

He'll be wanting a move again next season.

6 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Rashica and Tzolis both bad signings ,

also was Hayden for me was bad signing ,

very bad injury before he came here and didn't even have a clause that we could send him back if he got injured again,

which of course he did ,

that transfer window was Webber's worst ,

i am sure if he had got those 3 Big signings right how much better the team would have looked 

Think you’ve got your timelines muddled a bit, Hayden was season after Rashica and Tzolis.

take your point tho! 

Rashica is up there with Becchio in the “Is it possible I could look less @rsed” stakes. Absolute passenger far too often. He isn’t even that good. Glad it’s a chapter now closed. 

• Like 3

I think that he's a kn0bsock. Didn't want to play in the Champs but is happy to go to play in Turkey. Devalued himself in the process. 

If he had the right attitude, he's have been a decent player. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NFN FC said:

I think that he's a kn0bsock. Didn't want to play in the Champs but is happy to go to play in Turkey. Devalued himself in the process. 

If he had the right attitude, he's have been a decent player. 

Couldn't agree more with your judgement of the player but he's probably doubling his money by going over there. Good luck to him but I'm happy to see the back of him. 

As has been said before, worth taking transfer fees that are reported with a pinch of salt.

If it is £4.5m, that could simply be the up front fee with further installments over the next couple of seasons.

Equally, the fee we paid may have been the total including add ons. We never really know unless it's broken down further for us.

I continue to belive that signing Rashica was the single biggest mistake (amongst the many) of that disastrous transfer window. The number of times he received the ball during an offensive transition and failed to play the obvious pass to create an opening meant he was actively having a negative impact on the team.

His only instinct was to take on his man and take far too many touches which invariably allowed the attack to peter out. On the rare occasion that he did get into a threatening position, he only ever hit aimless crosses to no one in particular or blasted the ball off target. 

I know that some people enjoy watching a player run with the ball, regardless of the end product (hence the amount of love for Onel on here) but, the vast majority of the time, the objectively better choice is to pass it. In that regard, Rashica made the wrong decision almost every time.

People talk about a lack of effort, as if he might have been really good for us had he tried harder; I say it's a lack of intelligence that prevented him from knowing what to do with the ball. He was an unmitigated disaster of a signing and I'm incredibly relieved that he'll never play for us again. 

It's not really about the (not insignificant) financial cost but the enormous 'opportunity cost' of all those wasted minutes on the pitch. Imagine all the goal we might have scored if we had a different player who understood how to play the passes Pukki relied on... 

• Like 1