Sign in to follow this  
pete

Simon Thomas Numbskull

Sorry but Simon Thomas you are a numbskull.

At the beginning of todays Soccer Saturday he announced Australia had won a penalty shootout with France with a scorter of 8-5.

You cannot win a penalty by that score, surely he knows.

Was explaining to the missus about this faux pas and seconds later he repeated the score, and this was after the Colombia head taken the lead at least 45 mins after the first blunder.

If he continues to make errors like this Simon will get pilliored.  Needs to understand football, not a good start.

M<Ike Dean on the panel needs to be on Thomas Watch.

5 minutes ago, pete said:

At the beginning of todays Soccer Saturday he announced Australia had won a penalty shootout with France with a scorter of 8-5.

Was explaining to the missus about this faux pas and seconds later he repeated the score, and this was after the Colombia head taken the lead at least 45 mins after the first blunder.

If he continues to make errors like this Simon will get pilliored.  Needs to understand football, not a good start.

Have you explained to the missus what a 'scorter' is?

Obviously someone who understands football as well as you do will be able to avoid any faux pas and avoid being 'pilliored'.

Edited by A Load of Squit
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, pete said:

We all make mistakes. 

Squit beat me to it! 

Edited by Greavsy

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

We all make mistakes. 

Mine was reading pete's post. 

• Haha 7

13 minutes ago, pete said:

Just wondering, do you call out Alan Brazil's many errors?

35 minutes ago, pete said:

I expect you explain quite a bit to your missus. No doubt she is now up on the Duckworth-Lewis method as well.

58 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Have you explained to the missus what a 'scorter' is?

Obviously someone who understands football as well as you do will be able to avoid any faux pas and avoid being 'pilliored'.

Pilloried,if we're being pedantic..🙈

23 minutes ago, RobJames said:

I expect you explain quite a bit to your missus. No doubt she is now up on the Duckworth-Lewis method as well.

Isn't that the "Karma Sutra for Cricketers"? I never did get the hang of only polishing one side of my balls, and I felt intimidated by all the references to my "Short Third Man", and "No balls". 

1 hour ago, pete said:

Reporting a penalty score wrong...

image.png.950c413a134b3f524a69a3961c9d0a4d.png

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

Just said there is a fourth goal at Southampton and went straight to bloody adverts

He is having a bit of a nightmare.  Fast paced live action doesn't seem to suit him - very flustered.  "Fourth goal at St Marys, Bring you news of who has equalised or, errrrrrrrrm (panic) equalised and now its adverts....."

Mike Dean is also not presenter friendly.  Very yes/no

Oh dear Simon Screen shows B'mth v West Ham 1-1 Simon creaming himself over a West Ham victory

7 minutes ago, pete said:

Oh dear Simon Screen shows B'mth v West Ham 1-1 Simon creaming himself over a West Ham victory

Has he shagged your missus or something? You seem to be on a real mission to pick up on every fault. 

Although I must admit, I felt incredibly awkward on his behalf when he was giving a lengthy review of West Ham's 'win'.

Simon just admitted **** up for W Ham, no apology for World Cup.  When yo're getting paid for this you can expect better.Brong back Geoff wouldn't get these from him.  No not shagging my missus I wouldn't wish that on him.  But must do better.   A bit like Giannoulus.

Thomas was likely reading from a teleprompter which might have been wrong or he simply read it wrong. At the end of the day he's still new to the job and I'm not sure it's worth abusing him on some random forum he probably doesn't read from behind your little keyboard

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pete said:

Simon just admitted **** up for W Ham, no apology for World Cup.  When yo're getting paid for this you can expect better.Brong back Geoff wouldn't get these from him.  No not shagging my missus I wouldn't wish that on him.  But must do better.   A bit like Giannoulus.

It’s Jeff actually you moron.

• Like 1

You know that it’s normal not to be fully up to speed when you start a new job, right? And it’s not like he’s in charge of the Large Hadron Collider or something, so if he fecks up the West Ham score the world is unlikely to end…

I can't tell if this thread is a joke. Seems a massive song and dance to be making over something so trivial if it isn't. I must have missed something.

• Like 1

I am not an Ipswich supporter but you have to respect the job that has been done there recently if only we could repeat this.  But having pointed out some of Simon Thomas's faux pas expecially the penalty shoot out score should merit derision.  But Thomas being a City supporter I was holding to a higher standard.  But on reflection it is being a City supporter that means he is probably mentally defecient like most of my avid readers.  Watch out for more "Thomas Watch" next Saturday, maybe nothing to report but given performance to date considered unlikely.