Midlands Yellow

Southampton Predictions

Head says 1.1 so I’m going for a 4.1 win. Would be a massive confidence booster and install real belief that this season could be special. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

Can't see us getting much out of this one but maybe we're fitter than they are and can cause trouble that way. Otherwise I think it'll be one of those game rearguard actions where we look like we compete well in spells, but they just consistently have the edge in their favour.

2-1 to Southampton.

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Head says 1.1 so I’m going for a 4.1 win. Would be a massive confidence booster and install real belief that this season could be special. 

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Indeed, not a happy hunting ground for us, and despite standing in The Milton Road End a few times as a casual fan. I'll say spawn 1-2 win for Norwich. Ramp up unjust pressure on Martin 

Just now, Jason Shackell’s Limp Tack said:

Indeed, not a happy hunting ground for us, and despite standing in The Milton Road End a few times as a casual fan. I'll say spawn 1-2 win for Norwich. Ramp up unjust pressure on Martin 

It appears I can't work a message board

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jason Shackell’s Limp Tack said:

There's pressure on Martin? 

Can see us losing by 3 clear goals. We can’t handle Tella/Adams/Armstrong up top. 

14 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Can't see us getting much out of this one but maybe we're fitter than they are and can cause trouble that way. Otherwise I think it'll be one of those game rearguard actions where we look like we compete well in spells, but they just consistently have the edge in their favour.

2-1 to Southampton.

Take the game to them and don’t sit back. Are they anything special? I don’t think so this season. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Take the game to them and don’t sit back. Are they anything special? I don’t think so this season. 

I actually think Bazunu, the keeper, could be the weak link (think he was the weakest keeper in expected goals/saves in the Premier last season) so shoot on sight might not be a bad idea. They had a heck of a lot of possession against Sheffield Wednesday though - nearer 80% than not.

No matter how fit a team is, it's much harder without the ball. That's one lesson that should be obvious after having had Farke as our manager.

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I actually think Bazunu, the keeper, could be the weak link (think he was the weakest keeper in expected goals/saves in the Premier last season) so shoot on sight might not be a bad idea. They had a heck of a lot of possession against Sheffield Wednesday though - nearer 80% than not.

No matter how fit a team is, it's much harder without the ball. That's one lesson that should be obvious after having had Farke as our manager.

Yeah, but let's see if they can do that against our high press. It was always a weakness of farkes style...

I'm going for 3-2 to us, we score first, make a silly mistake just before half time then race out of the blocks to 3-1 in the 2nd before conceding a classy goal in the 82nd and a nervous last 20 minutes (cos of stoppage time)...

3-1 to Southampton, could on a good day get away with a draw, but just can’t see us winning.

Interesting one. Good test of where we're at. We really struggled with a Russell Martin side playing how he wanted them to in the second half of last season. I'd be very happy with a point. 1-1

Get to the lego shop at 12. Get that set I want. Go back to the hotel. Open a beer  'Just build one bag... ' Get distracted and ignore the frantic 'where the f**** are you'  texts. At 4.20(and 2 more cans)  finish the lego. Check my phone and remember. ****! I missed the game. They're winning 3-1. Get in! Listen on local radio as we throw it away for  3-3 96th minute draw.

40 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Not a lucky ground. 

0-1

It wasn't until they had a witch **** in all 4 corners....

Edited by cornish sam

A point would be a good result. Unless something goes badly wrong, Southampton won't give up many at home this season.

28 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Sheff Weds are the ideal opponents to play at the minute. I guess we’ll all be wiser by 5pm on Saturday. I really don’t fear the Saints this season personally. 

What’s the latest on ward prowse? Could really do with him not being there 

also … I can imagine in two months Russ will have that team passing everyone into submission. Let’s hope he hasn’t got them well drilled yet!

1-1

sarge 

10 minutes ago, CardiffCanary said:

What’s the latest on ward prowse? Could really do with him not being there 

He's having his West Ham medical tomorrow. 

The Ward-Prowse and Lavia situations are surely unwanted distractions, especially the former, so it's a good time to play them. I'm actually feeling pretty confident. 2-1 win.

• Thanks 1

4-0 Southampton

The Hull result to look as lucky as it was, Sara to sign for Cambridge United at half-time and Attanasio invading the pitch to screw up and throw his share certificate at Wagner in the 54th minute.

Hope I’m wrong. 

• Haha 3