Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Aarons to Bournmouth

44 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Yes ,one has a ground two and a half times the size, and a following way in excess of Bournemouth. Not so long ago they were playing in the 3rd division. Of course the income level is different, as it was at one point that of Wigan compared to Weds, but a few moments in the sun will not increase B'mouths following or build a bigger ground. Or are wee to have that Luton is a bigger club than Leeds because the former will bet receiving in excess of £120m ............ this season ?

Honestly this whole "big club" **** is just that to me. It's irrelevant to me that Bournemouth were a 3rd division club once. So what? And how many fans turn up at your games? Big deal. 

The fact of the matter is one of these sides are buying two of this countries biggest young talents to play in the Premier League. The other has to sell their best players just to make ends meet. 

I'm sure Bournemouth fans would love a better stadium. Who wouldn't?

I'm also sure they wouldn't trade places with us. Just as we would trade places with them.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Honestly this whole "big club" **** is just that to me. It's irrelevant to me that Bournemouth were a 3rd division club once. So what? And how many fans turn up at your games? Big deal. 

The fact of the matter is one of these sides are buying two of this countries biggest young talents to play in the Premier League. The other has to sell their best players just to make ends meet. 

I'm sure Bournemouth fans would love a better stadium. Who wouldn't?

I'm also sure they wouldn't trade places with us. Just as we would trade places with them.

You obviously don't like City, hence the nonsense. A club's size is defined by its ground and support

"The other has to sell their best players just to make ends meet. "

More than a whiff of bin about that lie. A stench more like.

This Deal also shows how transfers can change at the last hours 

i did not have any ITK knowledge on this transfer but someone could have been 99 % sure he was signing for Leeds this morning 

Bournemouth huh, it is funny I used to hate the established big clubs Man U, Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday etc..

But now I really hate the “new” money clubs Brighton, Bournemouth, Brentford to name three. Especially when someone says little old (insert team name here) dear oh dear.

Edited by Ulfotto

13 minutes ago, RobJames said:

You obviously don't like City, hence the nonsense. A club's size is defined by its ground and support

"The other has to sell their best players just to make ends meet. "

More than a whiff of bin about that lie. A stench more like.

Oh do **** off and either discuss what I'm saying or get the **** out. Honestly, you post some good stuff sometimes and other times it's like your Mum has given you too many sherbert dib dabs. 

Not agreeing with your **** definitions of a club size doesn't make me an Ipswich fan.

A club is defined based on it's recent achievements. 

Leeds bigger than Luton? No. 

Bournemouth bigger than Norwich? Yes. 

You just get worse.

And don't change things either. We are talking about a club's size. However, as your level of discussion seems to revolve around foul language and falling out with everyone, then I shall bid you good night. Consider yourself blocked.

How recent do these achievements have to be?

Are Luton bigger than Sunderland?

Edited by nutty nigel

The perception of “size of club” appears to be dominated and determined by size of current budget. Any other metric is irrelevant, isn’t it?

Now, anyway.

Sky football. 

8 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

They won't be this time next year though! 

Well maybe they will but I'd hate to just prop up the league and fight relegation every year when your only weekly punt is will they tonk us 5 or 6 nil

I hope they are still in EPL next season, the add ons will surely have this as one of the conditions, so we get money.

7 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Oh do **** off and either discuss what I'm saying or get the **** out. Honestly, you post some good stuff sometimes and other times it's like your Mum has given you too many sherbert dib dabs. 

Not agreeing with your **** definitions of a club size doesn't make me an Ipswich fan.

A club is defined based on it's recent achievements. 

Leeds bigger than Luton? No. 

Bournemouth bigger than Norwich? Yes. 

Utter nonsense. Leeds are far bigger than Luton. Likewise Norwich are bigger than Bmuff.

Fan base alone would tell you that. 

We could bang on about trophies won 50 years ago like out good recycling mates down the road but in the specific example above that wouldn't come into it at all. 

Higher in the league pyramid now? Yes

Bigger club? Absolutely not

Does it matter if they are a bigger club or not? Max is early in his career, will be playing at a higher level and earning more money. He will back himself to show his ability and get a move higher up the food chain. Bournemouth may not be a bigger club, but they are a better stepping stone at this point in time.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Canario said:

Utter nonsense. Leeds are far bigger than Luton. Likewise Norwich are bigger than Bmuff.

Fan base alone would tell you that. 

We could bang on about trophies won 50 years ago like out good recycling mates down the road but in the specific example above that wouldn't come into it at all. 

Higher in the league pyramid now? Yes

Bigger club? Absolutely not

If you ignore every conceivable and reasonable metric to only look at fan base, then it's you spouting the utter nonsense.

As I said - every Leeds and Norwich fan would switch places with Bournemouth in a heart beat. No question. Max Aarons left Leeds in a heart beat for Bournemouth. Bournemouth's new manager didn't think twice to turn them down when they were looking for a new manager as a freshly relegated side. Leeds players jumping ship left right and centre. 

Meanwhile Bournemouth are spending money bringing together a side of young, talented players to play in the Premier League under a highly rated manager.

The evidence is plain and simple - Bournemouth have the better squad, the better manager, the best recent history, the Premier League pedigree and the resources available to them to attract a significantly better quality of player. If that isn't the hallmarks of a larger club, I don't know what is. 

10 hours ago, RobJames said:

You just get worse.

And don't change things either. We are talking about a club's size. However, as your level of discussion seems to revolve around foul language and falling out with everyone, then I shall bid you good night. Consider yourself blocked.

😂😂😂😂

You were the one suggesting I was a "binner", you absolute Herbert.

Pink Un 101 again. Can't take the heat, Robbie, don't go into the kitchen in the first place.

Edited by Terminally Yellow

8 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

How recent do these achievements have to be?

Are Luton bigger than Sunderland?

Yep. Sunderland's recent history is as a league one club. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cornish sam said:

Does it matter if they are a bigger club or not? Max is early in his career, will be playing at a higher level and earning more money. He will back himself to show his ability and get a move higher up the food chain. Bournemouth may not be a bigger club, but they are a better stepping stone at this point in time.

Absolutely this.

A few on here seem jealous of the likes of Bournemouth, Brentford and Brighton etc, but ultimately they've achieved what we haven't and don't look like achieving anytime soon.

You can't blame Max for following the money. I'm just glad he didn't go to a rival, although it looks as though our club were perfectly happy to do that. Money hey!

I find it slightly amusing he's turning down a chance to work with Farke again!

Assuming this goes through and it seens pretty certain Aarons has gone, just uncertain of where.. 

Do we think we will reinvest or are we "well covered in that position"

Where would we strengthen with the money?

I

2 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Pleased for Max but we can all move on now. Same for Mumba.

Stacey looks the business! 

Totally agree.

There was a time when I would have been gutted to see Max leave, but I don't feel that now. As you said, lets move on.

• Like 1

Leeds already have Luke Ayling, Cody Drameh and Sam Byram (1 year contract) in that postion so im sure Daniel will cope for now. Horsefly is right, if anyone had said City would grab Jack Stacey plus 10-12 mill in exchange for a want away Max at the start of this window then im sure most fans would have said thats good business...and the end result looks like thats how its going to be.

If the presumption is that Milot will be going to Gala then that could mean City would be getting a potential 18-20 mill from the two sales, which in the reality of our current status as a mid table Champs side is about as good as could be.

What City would do with that potential sum of course is another matter and topic...very much doubt it would all go on new players.

To be a fly on the wall yesterday when Aarons was in Leeds talking to Farke before and after that phone call was received by his agent, also in Leeds, from Bournemouth

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

Assuming this goes through and it seens pretty certain Aarons has gone, just uncertain of where.. 

Do we think we will reinvest or are we "well covered in that position"

Where would we strengthen with the money?

I

All noises seem to be against spending the Aarons and Rashica money. We've already covered those positions and are doubled up across the other roles Wagner likes. He doesn't need/want a CAM or CDM.

Looks like we recruited before we sold.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a loan added though - a young Prem striker???

Edited by Cantiaci Canary

I was wondering if we might make another South American signing, someone for the future but close enough to be in the first team squad.  Personally there is space for a CB and CM.

• Like 1

Surely a size of any club is defined by their current position, so this season Luton are a bigger club than Sunderland, Leeds, Leicester etc. next season if relegated they will be smaller again!

History means nothing!

47 minutes ago, Indy said:

Surely a size of any club is defined by their current position, so this season Luton are a bigger club than Sunderland, Leeds, Leicester etc. next season if relegated they will be smaller again!

History means nothing!

Well that's cleared that up then. 

I don't necessarily agree but your logic can't be argued with. At least it's a step up from how much of someone else's money a club has.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Absolutely this.

A few on here seem jealous of the likes of Bournemouth, Brentford and Brighton etc, but ultimately they've achieved what we haven't and don't look like achieving anytime soon.

You can't blame Max for following the money. I'm just glad he didn't go to a rival, although it looks as though our club were perfectly happy to do that. Money hey!

I find it slightly amusing he's turning down a chance to work with Farke again!

In recent history Farke is the worst manager the PL has had for years. Why would he go there just to be had on toast every week if Farke managed to get them promoted.

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

In recent history Farke is the worst manager the PL has had for years. Why would he go there just to be had on toast every week if Farke managed to get them promoted.

my thoughts are Farke will be better for his past experiences young manager learning by his mistakes ?

that's a total guess and only time will tell ,

also he will be backed well i imagine again we will see if he can buy well with better money ,

If Farke can get the same connection with the fans there and learns and changes a few things in his style , i think he will do very well 

9 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

The perception of “size of club” appears to be dominated and determined by size of current budget. Any other metric is irrelevant, isn’t it?

Now, anyway.

Sky football. 

It’s not the size it’s what you do with it that matters