Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Aarons to Bournmouth

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

And just seen John Percy reporting Bournemouth about to spend £25m on Alex Scott of Bristol. I mean if ever you need proof of Norwich and Bournemouth being on different levels, that surely has to be it.

Regardless of how many times you quote my post it still reminds me of Josh to Cardiff. Sideways at best. 

Very happy for Leeds to be gazumped 

I wish Aarons the best, he’s done nothing but play pretty much every game for us since he debuted at a very high level. Top guy!

• Like 8

I think Bournemouth are very fortunate to have Burnley, Sheff Utd and Luton in the same league as them.

Not to mention Everton, Wolves and Fulham.

Makes it even more frustrating we were a complete humiliation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Very happy for Leeds to be gazumped 

I wish Aarons the best, he’s done nothing but play pretty much every game for us since he debuted at a very high level. Top guy!

Yep, and didn't throw his toys out the pram when we turned down offers in the past. Fantastic pro, wish him every success.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Regardless of how many times you quote my post it still reminds me of Josh to Cardiff. Sideways at best. 

And regardless of how pithy the reply, they couldn't be any more different.

5 minutes ago, S_81 said:

They’re a prem team. We ain’t. And showing no signs of heading there anytime soon. Even if he comes down with them he has a better chance of going back up than he does here. Plus if he plays out of skin this year he may even get a move next summer. 

That was the situation when Josh went to Cardiff. 

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

And regardless of how pithy the reply, they couldn't be any more different.

I don't think it's pithy to have an opinion. Why do you think it is? 

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Cardiff had just been promoted. This is Bournemouth's seventh Premier League in eleven. 

The differences are endless.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

I don't think it's pithy to have an opinion. Why do you think it is? 

Your opinion wasn't pithy. Your reply was.

Edited by Terminally Yellow

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

Cardiff had just been promoted. This is Bournemouth's seventh Premier League in eleven. 

The differences are endless.

It still reminds me of Josh to Cardiff. Sideways at best.

Just now, nutty nigel said:

They were the same.

It's Pink Un 101 isn't it? You clearly can't accept you're wrong on the discussion so you make a terse comment about the fact I'm quoting your post. 

Something I believed you were above. How wrong I was.

6 minutes ago, S_81 said:

They’re a prem team. We ain’t. And showing no signs of heading there anytime soon. Even if he comes down with them he has a better chance of going back up than he does here. Plus if he plays out of skin this year he may even get a move next summer. 

I still think that it is a strange move for Max - despite PL status, Bournemouth are the smallest of the 4 options open to him. As you suggest, I guess he is "backing himself" to prove to other PL clubs that he worthy of another transfer even if Bournemouth go down, which is pretty likely I'd have thought. 

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It's Pink Un 101 isn't it? You clearly can't accept you're wrong on the discussion so you make a terse comment about the fact I'm quoting your post. 

Something I believed you were above. How wrong I was.

How can I be wrong about what something reminds me of. 

16 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It’s not sideways if they’re above 

So moving the conversation on - how much of this cash gets reinvested into new signings in our squad, do you think? And I’m not talking about covering costs of players already signed. Do you think there will be incomings? Where should they be focussing positionally if so? 

The cash won’t go far enough, clearly, but I still feel we lack a defensive midfielder, could be stronger at left back, and need a better no9.  I can’t see them tackling any of those issues. But hope to be proved wrong 

Premier League wages. Leeds can't compete with that.

Good luck Max, hope it works out well, you've been a good servant.

4 minutes ago, S_81 said:

So moving the conversation on - how much of this cash gets reinvested into new signings in our squad, do you think? And I’m not talking about covering costs of players already signed. Do you think there will be incomings? Where should they be focussing positionally if so? 

The cash won’t go far enough, clearly, but I still feel we lack a defensive midfielder, could be stronger at left back, and need a better no9.  I can’t see them tackling any of those issues. But hope to be proved wrong 

If we can get some sort of wedge for Rashica as well that gives us a tidy sum at this level.

You would hope there is some sort of shortlist already drawn up.

We could of course just trouser the money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

£7 million up. 

Potentially more.

Indeed! potentially rising to £12m

22 minutes ago, S_81 said:

I really don't think this will lead to any more deals being done. 

For me, if they sell Omobamodiele they'll be forced back into the market. 

Otherwise we have a pretty large squad already.

GK - Gunn, Krul, Reyes*
DR - Stacey, Fisher*
DL - Giannoulis, McCallum
DC - Duffy, Gibson, Andy O, Hanley, Tomkinson*
MR - Fassnacht, Rowe*, Springett*
ML - Onel, Placheta, Sainz
MC - McLean, Gibbs*, Sara, Nunez, Sorenson
FW:: Sargent, Barnes, Idah 

So by my rough calculations that's a squad of 26 with six of those being U21. That's a pretty large squad as it is. 

Edited by Terminally Yellow

47 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Not sure Cardiff had an elite level manager like Bournemouth do

I’m not happy about but it, but at least he’s not going to Leeds! I’m not sure I would give him my best wishes if he went to Leeds in the same league as us! That would just be a bizarre move. 

I also know that he’s doesn’t need my best wishes. Which is a shame 😂😂

Edited by Payno10
I’m dyslexic
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Not sure Cardiff had an elite level manager like Bournemouth do

We had an elite manager but nobody thought so at the time. In fact with all our goals sold we were going to hell in a hand cart. 

Where do you think Bournemouth will finish this season?

Just now, nutty nigel said:

We had an elite manager but nobody thought so at the time. In fact with all our goals sold we were going to hell in a hand cart. 

Where do you think Bournemouth will finish this season?

A marginal improvement on last season 13th or thereabouts ?

12 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I really don't think this will lead to any more deals being done. 

For me, if they sell Omobamodiele they'll be forced back into the market. 

Otherwise we have a pretty large squad already.

GK - Gunn, Krul, Reyes*
DR - Stacey, Fisher*
DL - Giannoulis, McCallum
DC - Duffy, Gibson, Andy O, Hanley, Tomkinson*
MR - Fassnacht, Rowe*, Springett*
ML - Onel, Placheta, Sainz
MC - McLean, Gibbs*, Sara, Nunez, Sorenson
FW:: Sargent, Barnes, Idah 

So by my rough calculations that's a squad of 26 with six of those being U21. That's a pretty large squad as it is. 

It’s a deep squad but we may still see some churn. Hanley and Sorenson injured. Not sure that any of springett, Placheta ,Tompkinson or Mcallum are good enough. Wouldn’t be a shock to see any of those loaned out or sold if we could source better replacements.

A CB capable of covering RB and a midfielder able to step in for Kenny and Sara would be good I think.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

A marginal improvement on last season 13th or thereabouts ?

I doubt it. But I don't watch any PL except when we're in it. But Max was targeted mercilessly when we were in it. Just as Jamal was. Great players for us in the champs though.

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

And just seen John Percy reporting Bournemouth about to spend £25m on Alex Scott of Bristol. I mean if ever you need proof of Norwich and Bournemouth being on different levels, that surely has to be it.

Yes ,one has a ground two and a half times the size, and a following way in excess of Bournemouth. Not so long ago they were playing in the 3rd division. Of course the income level is different, as it was at one point that of Wigan compared to Weds, but a few moments in the sun will not increase B'mouths following or build a bigger ground. Or are wee to have that Luton is a bigger club than Leeds because the former will bet receiving in excess of £120m ............ this season ?