S_81

Aarons to Saints

TalkSport reporting Southampton is Max’s most likely destination. Seems a weird move for him. And also a bit odd for us to sell to a league rival. Albeit we clearly want the cash and he wants to leave. How much cash isn’t reported. 

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

TalkSport reporting Southampton is Max’s most likely destination. Seems a weird move for him. And also a bit odd for us to sell to a league rival. Albeit we clearly want the cash and he wants to leave. How much cash isn’t reported. 

No. They are guessing that Aarons might be a 'potential,'replacement. That is if he has not joined Leeds as some were dim enough to believe. Talksport are slightly less reliable than Russel Grant.

1 minute ago, RobJames said:

No. They are guessing that Aarons might be a 'potential,'replacement. That is if he has not joined Leeds as some were dim enough to believe. Talksport are slightly less reliable than Russel Grant.

We’ll see

12 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Pay rise and likely part of a side set to dominate the Championship. EPL football next year, on the back of a confidence boasting season. Not a bad move at all, really.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Pay rise and likely part of a side set to dominate the Championship. EPL football next year, on the back of a confidence boasting season. Not a bad move at all, really.

Could happen. But personally don’t see R Martin taking them up 

15 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Yeah it might be good for him but makes little sense for us if we think we're promotion challengers this season.

Webber said at the start of the transfer window that Aarons had outgrown us- a move to a team in the same league isn't outgrowing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yeah it might be good for him but makes little sense for us if we think we're promotion challengers this season.

Webber said at the start of the transfer window that Aarons had outgrown us- a move to a team in the same league isn't outgrowing.

It’s odd - no one thinks Max (or Rashica) will be playing for us this season, he’s not kicked a ball in our pre-season games, and yet there’s been no particularly cast-iron links elsewhere.  [One odd element is that when Godfrey moved on (as, if memory serves, we all expected him to) he played several games for us that August.]

I suppose the PL starting in a fortnight maybe gives a bit of leeway if he’s headed there.  I can’t really see him going to a Championship side - if he wanted to play Champs football he could stay with us, run his contract down, leave on a free (or for minimal transfer, given his age) and pocket a big signing on fee.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'd say that moving to a side that's considerably less crap than us is.

16 minutes ago, king canary said:

Letting him go for free next summer is no help for us either. 

At the end of the day, I support Norwich City and would rather see Aarons leave in a deal where we get a decent fee - irrespective of who it is buying him - than leave on the free transfer that's bound to happen if he stays even until January, given he would be free to then sign a pre-contract agreement with a team abroad.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Unhinged Canary said:

I'd say that moving to a side that's considerably less crap than us is.

Lets wait and see on that one...southampton spent a lot more on their team to finish bottom and precisely 1 point better off than we did the season before.

There is still uncertaintly about many of their players who could still leave over the next month.

They 'may' be challenging toward the top...the could also be as bad as we and watford ended up last season

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

The West Ham link is probably still open, but with Moyes in conflict with his sporting director you have to wonder which one was considering Aarons and whether that was ever a goer.

I hope Max can find a club in Italy ore France. He is a good player that deserves a new chan's in a topp league.

• Like 2

Let’s be honest all clubs have us over a barrel on Aarons. He is in the last year of his contract if a suitor waits a year they can have him for free.

In my opinion it is likely a few clubs might take him but it’s going to be a game of chicken to see who blinks first.

Would not be surprised to see him leave on loan with an obligation to buy but I could see a club up the loan fee slightly and drop the obligation to buy. It’s likely this will happen very close to the deadline as well.

16 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

Let’s be honest all clubs have us over a barrel on Aarons. He is in the last year of his contract if a suitor waits a year they can have him for free.

In my opinion it is likely a few clubs might take him but it’s going to be a game of chicken to see who blinks first.

Would not be surprised to see him leave on loan with an obligation to buy but I could see a club up the loan fee slightly and drop the obligation to buy. It’s likely this will happen very close to the deadline as well.

He could go on loan to Barcelona.... Oh wait

2 hours ago, RobJames said:

I`m dim enough to believe he is going to Leeds. 

• Like 1

Southampton is not a progression for Max. 
l still think he will be here next Sat but we seem to have moved on without him. Missed the chance to get decent money for him. 

• Like 2

So Wagner said we did not need to sell, so selling him to a rival would be dumb... or maybe we do have to sell. Either way, stupid move for him and us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Olano said:

I hope Max can find a club in Italy ore France. He is a good player that deserves a new chan's in a topp league.

France a top league? Italy, Spain or Germany, fine. 

4 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

So Wagner said we did not need to sell, so selling him to a rival would be dumb... or maybe we do have to sell. Either way, stupid move for him and us.

dont forget Max has said he wants to leave this transfer window

as for a stupid move for him huge signing on fee and more money what more do you want from a "JOB"

8 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

Would not be surprised to see him leave on loan with an obligation to buy but I could see a club up the loan fee slightly and drop the obligation to buy. It’s likely this will happen very close to the deadline as well

He won't be leaving on loan with an obligation to buy for x amount, he would be a free agent once the season loan ends so no fee.

3 hours ago, Paul101 said:

dont forget Max has said he wants to leave this transfer window

as for a stupid move for him huge signing on fee and more money what more do you want from a "JOB"

As an England U21 Euro winner and for someone that Deia said would be a top player, I would expect him to be in the Premier league and not helping a potential rival. As I said, I think it's a bad move for him and the club. Just my opinion.

10 hours ago, king canary said:

I honestly don’t think selling Aarons to Southampton strengthens them significantly, or weakens us for that matter. It won’t be the difference between either club achieving promotion, or not. 

As for Webbers comments. We all know to take them with a pinch of salt. In terms of ability and looking at the last 18-24 months, has Aarons really outgrown a top half, promotion chasing, Championship club? I’m really not sure he has.