cambridgeshire canary

No more incoming transfers confirmed?

Not really because there are almost certainly a number still on their way out. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we were using a public statement like this as a negotiation tactic in any ongoing deals.

Edited by KeiranShikari

Barring outs though is pretty key.

Assuming Max goes, who is cover for Stacey? Sorry I haven't been watching pre season.

• Like 1

Yup, that's a hardball statement.  Falls down when you see there's no sign of Max & Rashica near the playing squad though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

Not really because there are still almost certainly a number still on their way out. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we were using a public statement like this as a negotiation tactic in any ongoing deals.

Inclined to agree with this. I think there's still a good 3-4 to leave (several for decent fees) and we haven't used the loan system yet.

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Assuming Max goes, who is cover for Stacey? Sorry I haven't been watching pre season.

Fisher hasn't looked phased at all, I don't know if he's in serious consideration or will fall into U21's. 

• Thanks 1

I guess that makes sense doesn't it?

3 keepers, 2 left backs, 4 CBs (1 injured), 3 right backs, McL/Nunez/Sara/Gibbs/Sor - CM, 8 wingers (1 injured) & 3 strikers.

When / if Rashica, Aarons, Omobamidele, Gunn depart they'll look to replace.

Would like a young striker on loan to throw on as a sub.

Edited by Cantiaci Canary

9 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Barring outs though is pretty key.

I think Fisher has looked very composed & also very able at right back, I don’t think he would look out of place if he was thrown in at the deep end to cover for Stacey.

• Like 1

Not really a shock that we wouldn’t spend more money unless others leave. That would change quickly though with Max, Milot and Andy O all expected to depart.

27 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Inclined to agree with this. I think there's still a good 3-4 to leave (several for decent fees) and we haven't used the loan system yet.

I’d be flabbergasted if we didn’t make use of a loan or two - but equally wouldn’t really expect them until August.

When talking about transfers, managers will always be a bit guarded - as things stand, including Max and Rashica, we probably would be done, but you’d expect some more ‘ins’ if they go.

I still expect max will be gone in the next week. Rashica you would expect to move on as well, if he can bring himself to join a rival to Gala. Would probably face about of abuse if he ends up there, but it's pretty telling no sign of either today so I expect there is stuff happening behind the scenes with both.

I'd still like to get a loan in, preferably a striker. If Sarg gets injured I think we're incredibly lightweight up front 

As has been said, the 'barring any outs' is key here, because we know that Aarons and Rashica are going to leave and we should get £15m or so for the pair. 

I'd then expect like-for-like replacements for the pair (I doubt Fisher is viewed as the second-choice right back) and that could leave players like Placheta and Tzolis surplus to requirements, with enough left in the kitty for a midfielder and possibly another centre back, given that Hanley is still out long-term.

My concern is we don't have enough cover at centre back. Grant is out, Andrew O might be sold,  another might be injured leaving us with 1 recognised cb.

Surely we need to sign someone?

2 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

My concern is we don't have enough cover at centre back. Grant is out, Andrew O might be sold,  another might be injured leaving us with 1 recognised cb.

I guess they view Sorensen as an acceptable no.4 option?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

If max goes we should look for a CB that can cover right back if needed. We are short at CB even before Andy O leaves

15 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

I guess they view Sorensen as an acceptable no.4 option?

How did Warner look? Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s going to be in the mix if needed. 

Creativity is the buzz word. Last season, we only really showed creativity  with either Aaron Ramsey or Kieron Dowell in the side. We haven’t replaced them with like for like, but I assume the change of style will bring creativity from different outlets? The traditional 10 doesn’t exist in a Wagner team?

I’d always prefer to have a Hoolahan, Maddison, Pritchard, Buendia, Dowell type.. just because it’s beautiful to watch when such players are in their ‘pomp.’

I doubt we can afford to do any more serious business unless we do sell.

If no one does end up leaving then we still have Max at RB with Stacey and Fisher as well.

At CB we have Duffy Gibson Omo whilst Stacey can also play there and Warner as a youth backup. 

Left Back has Gianoullis and McCallum.

The point is of course, we are expecting players to leave and if they do we will then have holes to fill. 

We have plenty of players so it's nit a surprise,  stacey is clearly Maxs replacement so don't expect him going to lead to a new signing,  rashica again fassnacht looks like the replacement... 

Anyone else leaving I suspect would lead to a replacement.

2 minutes ago, ZLF said:

We have plenty of players so it's nit a surprise,  stacey is clearly Maxs replacement so don't expect him going to lead to a new signing,  rashica again fassnacht looks like the replacement... 

Anyone else leaving I suspect would lead to a replacement.

But we haven't replaced Byram, so we'd still need an extra body if Max goes. Like I said before, I doubt Fisher was brought in to go straight into the first-team squad.

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

But we haven't replaced Byram, so we'd still need an extra body if Max goes. Like I said before, I doubt Fisher was brought in to go straight into the first-team squad.

Fisher sounds to be the guy to back Stacey up. Mistake in my view. 

If max stays there’s no way I’d drop Stacey for him. Been our best player in preseason. 

6 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Fisher sounds to be the guy to back Stacey up. Mistake in my view. 

https://www.canaries.co.uk//content/norwich-city-sign-kellen-fisher-from-bromley

The club said when we signed him that he would initially form part of the academy sides. I doubt that's changed.

2 hours ago, Top corner said:

I think Fisher has looked very composed & also very able at right back, I don’t think he would look out of place if he was thrown in at the deep end to cover for Stacey.

Agree. Following Gibbs path. Did not look out of place today. And had we have signed him for a million or so from L1 the thought would be what a bargain. As far as other signings go neither Warner or Tompkins on looked out of place either. Placheta has beefed up a good bit and is as good as a new signing. Gino looks like he is playing for his life.

Are Springett and Rowe up to it as things stand ? Fast chap looks to be the striker we need. Although he almost scored a hatrick today he was in the right place. Tizolis showed plenty today that suggests he has the ability to create chances - whether he stays though is anyones guess.

All in all, the thought must be that we have enough to go with, and any funds need to be saved for January. Remembering, by then we will have three back. So it's looking good. The defence has conceded few and a bit of much needed muscle has been added. Aarons and Rashica will definitely be gone by the time the window closes.

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

https://www.canaries.co.uk//content/norwich-city-sign-kellen-fisher-from-bromley

The club said when we signed him that he would initially form part of the academy sides. I doubt that's changed.

If you listen to the Pink Un's team news before today's match they say it has changed and he's now considered part of the first team picture.